The Fiery Shadows of Suicide | Teen Ink

The Fiery Shadows of Suicide

By julian GOLD, Eugene, Oregon
julian GOLD, Eugene, Oregon

The goal is not about living forever, the goal is about creating something that can.

Statistics say that around 60% of all teens today have thought about killing themselves. The redness in this drawing takes up 60% of the space and represents those with brooding thoughts, while the other 40% of the page is blue and represents those teens who have never thought about committing suicide. Suicide is a very major factor in today’s world and in our society. I made this picture so that we all could awaken to the reality of how significantly suicide affects our culture today.

Similar images

This art has 6 comments.

Shayna121 GOLD said...
Shayna121 GOLD, Port Charlotte, Florida

I am the master of my fate and the captain of my soul.

Intense! I like that you have the symbolism of 60% fire and 40%water...really well done :)

Studio_Riet GOLD, Tonasket, Washington

" Times you see, is a little arrangement that man has made for himself to try to measure the immeasurable mysteries of life." -Calypso to Ulysses (Bernard Evslin.)
"You don't have a soul, you are a soul. You have a body" - CS Lewis

Wow. This is intence. I love it, though.

on Jul. 16 2011 at 9:50 am
HollyBell BRONZE, Orpington, Kent, Other
Lol woops. Yeah, I'm rather new here so I haven't put anything up yet lol but I did a photography course year so I may put some of my photos from there on here and I do draw sometimes so we'll see :D , although I admit I'm more into the writing section and am currently just waiting for my poem to be subitted XD I just like looking at peoples artistic things too :D

julian GOLD said...
julian GOLD, Eugene, Oregon

Or rather I will once you post something! I would love to see your work!

julian GOLD said...
julian GOLD, Eugene, Oregon

Thanks so much! yeah, I figured it wouldn't make much sense without the description. I appreciate your feedback, and now I'm going to check out your work too!

on Jul. 15 2011 at 8:10 am
I like this. At first I didn't really get it, but the description shows that you've really put a lot of thought into this and provided a statistic as a piece of art work. It's slightly abstract yet well drawn too. Good job.