Walking on the Rialto | Teen Ink

Walking on the Rialto

By SaphiraBrightscales DIAMOND, Islamabad, Other
SaphiraBrightscales DIAMOND, Islamabad, Other

I've learned that people will forget what you said, people will forget what you did, but people will never forget how you made them feel.
- Maya Angelou
When i was little/I used to point a chubby finger toward the dark sky/And ask my father/why some stars moved and others didn’t/He would laugh and explain that some were airplanes/I still wish on them today ~ Laugh-It-Out
The feathers of a crow are black/The ink of my pen is blacker/The pain of my heart is blackest~ Mckay
If love produced a blossom/I’d take it in my palm/What a blessing, the bright color!/How soothing, such a balm!/I’d keep a petal for my own/The rest, drop from my hands/For such a flower would multiply/And populate the lands~ thesilentraven
And I began to rival legends/Long entombed before my birth./But for all my much envied fame/The lust for more would not abate./The plaques and prizes with my name/Will, like all things, disintegrate. ~ TheEpic95 now known as Helena_Noel

Hey! Yes, I know the building on the side is kind of lopsided but since I was focusing on the bridge, I neglected it a bit. But as my first sketch of Venice, this one's pretty special.

Similar images

This art has 2 comments.

- Maya Angelou

Well, I guess I thought I had replied some ten days ago, and here I come and TeenInk!!! Ah, well,  I don't remember exactly what I wrote las time but well, Thanks so much firstly. Secondly, well I made this one using a picture actually, I've never been there either, the movies and pictures make it seem so beautiful though, I am in love with Venice's buildings. And so well, it is one my to-visit list as well :)  And well, I'm an artist sometimes :P Thank You Em

on Aug. 17 2013 at 10:55 am
EPluribusUnum DIAMOND, Woodbine, Maryland

"I shut my eyes and all the world drops dead;
I lift my lids and all is born again.
(I think I made you up inside my head)."
-Sylvia Plath

Wow! I didn't know you were an artist! This is beautiful. Visiting Venice is on my list of things to do while I'm alive. It seems like such an interesting place, and Italy sounds so beautiful.