Forrest Gump | Teen Ink

Forrest Gump

January 25, 2018
By wyattklavon SILVER, Cannon Falls, Minnesota
wyattklavon SILVER, Cannon Falls, Minnesota
6 articles 0 photos 0 comments

“Run Forrest, Run!” This quote really ran right into my head when I was younger, because my mom would always yell it at me or my brothers whenever we would be sprinting like a mad man. I always thought she was just weird and that’s why she always said it, but later I found out it is a quote from the movie “Forrest Gump.” My first time watching it I probably was about ten and i've been hooked since. “Forrest Gump” is a feel good kind of movie that everyone enjoys watching. The main reasons it is so outstanding is because of it’s great choice of actors, selection of music, and most importantly it’s famous quotes like “Run Forrest run.”


First on my list of why this movie is so amazing is it’s actors. Tom Hanks plays the role of Forrest; I don’t know anyone more fitting than him. He has played in many popular movies like Sully, Castaway, Toy Story, and many more. Not only has he won multiple awards like best actor and AFI Life Achievement award but he also has a voice that just compliments the character Forrest and makes people really feel what he is going through. Another wonderful actor in the movie is Robin Wright. She has been in countless movies and shows like House of Cards and Wonder Woman. Although when she plays as Jenny in “Forrest Gump” everyone can feel the emotion when she speaks. Lastly there is Gary Sinise. He has been apart of Apollo 13 and Criminal Minds. He played as Lieutenant Dan in the movie and he gave the raw emotion the movie needed. With just those three actors alone anyone could have a great movie, but there are many more outstanding actors in the film.


Second is how the music complimented the movie perfectly. Like when Forrest meets Elvis and creates a dance for him it is not only entertaining but also funny in a way. A prime example of the songs that make the movie just that much better is the song Fortunate Son. I personally don’t enjoy listening to that song, but when it plays in the movie it gives purpose that I like and helps me understand the situation. Lastly is the song California Dreaming which I actually do like. It fits perfect in the scene it is in because it’s a sad lonely time in the movie and the song is about wishing you were in warm sunny California. With all of the great music in this movie it just makes it that much better and entertaining.


The third thing is the memorable quotes. The most famous of all of them is “Life is like a box of chocolates, you never know what your gonna get.” This is probably my favorite just because it is so true. No matter how much anyone plans ahead they don’t know exactly how it will turn out. Another great quote from “Forrest Gump” is “Stupid is what stupid does.” Now this one is pretty simple pretty much you are stupid for what you do. Although it may seem like a dumb quote I like it. Mainly I like it because people will judge other people's knowledge, for there grades, or how rich they are, but they could be bad at school and still be really smart at other things. The thing everyone remembers about this movie are its quotes and that's why there are so crucial to the movie.


“Forrest Gump” is a very remarkable movie. Not only do I and everyone I know love the movie, but it has achieved countless awards like best picture, best director, and even People’s choice awards for favorite movie. Also the music, actors, and quotes just make it that much better than other movies. It really connects with me on a different level that other movies just can’t do. I hope that one day another movie impacts me as much as “Forrest Gump” has, but it's hard to beat when my mom has been yelling “Run Forrest, run!” at me and and my brothers for my entire life. “That’s all I have to say about that.”


The author's comments:

I love the movie Forrest Gump so I wrote A review about it.