The Dark Knight | Teen Ink

The Dark Knight

September 5, 2008
By ARIMAN BRONZE, Thornton, Colorado
ARIMAN BRONZE, Thornton, Colorado
3 articles 0 photos 0 comments

When The Dark Knight ended I couldn’t leave my seat. I was really amazed and hypnotized throughout the whole movie that I didn’t want it to end. I can pin-point any aspect of the movie and describe how perfect it was displayed.

The acting was superb and still would have been if it wasn’t an action movie. The Joker (Heath Ledger) make you cringe, like you couldn’t watch anymore; although his acting expertise keeps your eyes transfixed to the screen. IN one of the scenes at the Wayne penthouse ‘The Joker’ has a hostage and tells how he got the two scars that from a full time smile. Not only was he manically twisted, he also had room for humor.

How Heath Ledger and Batman (Christian Bale) flowed off of each other’s characters was captivating. There was a tower scene towards the end of the movie that really showed them off. ‘The Joker’ explains he and Batman’s relationship will never let one of them kill or win against the other. Batman goes on to throw him off the edge but caught him with his grappling hook. I think Christian Bale did decent in Batman Begins but that doesn’t even compare to this movie.

Most people say action movies are good, but only for the action. This was an action-packed, funny movie, with magnificent actors and directors that when combined took your breath away. It doesn’t matter if you don’t like Batman; the movie itself has no flaws. The Dark Knight set the standard for what a Super Hero movie should be.