Disaster of a movie | Teen Ink

Disaster of a movie

September 30, 2008
By Anonymous

Disaster of a Movie?

If you actually want to see a decent spoof movie better then Epic Movie, Super Hero Movie, and Scary Movie four you’ve come to the right place. Disaster Movie was not a spoof movie with no plot. The plot is that the main characters girlfriend is trapped in a museum while the U.S. Government is quarantining the island due to meteor showers. The meteors come down swift as cars and land every where. During the movie they do poke fun at many movies such as Juno, Alvin and the Chipmunks, High School Musical etc. In the high School Musical skit they make fun of Wanted and Soulja boy during the song were friends forever.



On the down side the movie can seem to have no point at many times during the movie. Such as getting into a dance off with the characters of Enchanted. How stupid is that? Also when the meet Hancock, a trashy – looking homeless man when he flies he flies up and hits a pole. You would think that he would fly a eagle in the open sky with no rules but he can’t… apparently.


Also if you are a fan of the spoof movies this one may be the best. This movie can get quite random at times to, but at some parts the humor is straight up stupid. On the other hand parts are quite funny and will keep you laughing after you watch it 10 or 20 times. The sequence of events do start suddenly though. After they make fun of High School Musical the meteors start to pour down, Earthquakes rumble the earth, and tidal waves destroy the coast. After that I’m not telling I don’t want to give away the plot.


Also during parts of the movie you do feel like flying free out of the theater due to boredom. Different funny parts of the movie come at different times, some at the beginning at some at the end, and some very far apart in the movie. That is why you should and shouldn’t see the Disaster Movie.