Twilight by Stephenie Meyer MAG

By Katey Tilney, San Jose, CA

I was never in love with vampires until Twilight came out. I didn’t know it was possible, but Stephenie Meyer changed the stereotypical blood-sucking vampire into a beautiful god-like creature.

In Twilight, an average high school girl, Bella Swan, falls in love with one of the most beautiful boys at her new school, Edward, who happens to be a vampire. What does one call a stunning, mysterious vampire and his stunning, mysterious vampire family? I believe “The Cullens” would suffice.

The author’s style and characters will glue your hands to the book and your eyes to the page. In no time, the book is over. But don’t worry – there are three sequels: New Moon, Eclipse, and Breaking Dawn.

Twilight is well written from Bella’s point of view. It feels as though a movie is playing in your head. If you don’t feel that way, have no fear, the actual movie comes out November 21.

Twilight is such a magnificent book that it was a New York Times bestseller. Who would have thought that the idea for such an astonishing book could come from a dream the author had?

The theme is love conquers all, even the supernatural. Nothing stands in the way of love for Edward and Bella. Or does it?

Meyer’s style of writing will have you wanting to believe that there are gorgeous vampires roaming our world and just hopefully there will be Edwards for all of the girls who have fallen in love with this fictional yet breathtaking character. Since the characters’ love is forbidden, it only makes it better. ­After all, forbidden fruit tastes the sweetest.

on Jul. 11 2011 at 5:06 pm
Musicfeedsthesoul07 PLATINUM, Naperville, Illinois

"Be nice to nerds. Chances are you'll end up working for one. " - Bill Gates

I know right! I see people wearing them and I'm like, "Are you seriously wearing that in public?" XD

Autumn said...
on Jul. 11 2011 at 3:23 pm
 I love those "I Heart Boys Who Sparkle" shirts. So stupid... lol.

Autumn said...
on Jul. 11 2011 at 3:20 pm
I agree. I liekd it before it was famous. Then I realized it's kind of dumb. But not horrible.

Autumn said...
on Jul. 11 2011 at 3:16 pm
Completely true. I can't bring myself to even contemplate reading another vampire book. They're all exactly the same to me.

HaleyStar GOLD said...
on Jul. 8 2011 at 9:11 pm
HaleyStar GOLD, Mattoon, Illinois

"The dog? You are named after a dog?"
"I had a lot of fond memories of that Dog."~Indiana Jones~

"Can you knot?"
"I cannot."
"You can knot?"
"I cannot knot." ~Winnie the Pooh movie~

I love all of Stephinie Meyes books, including host. I thinktheir an interesting twist on vampires. The funny thing is, I misunderstood Carlisle's name, I kept reading it Carslie so whenever someone says Carlisle, I'm like "who?"

on Jul. 7 2011 at 5:28 pm
Kell_Bell13 BRONZE, Belton, Missouri

"Live your life, breathe the air. Everyones doing it."

GREAT Review! Stephenie Meyer did a GREAT job on all the twilight books, and The first one (Twilight) was my favorite! It really does seem like the movie is playing in your head.

Halcyon said...
on Jul. 6 2011 at 6:34 pm
BTW: Go Team Jacob!!!!!!

Halcyon said...
on Jul. 6 2011 at 6:32 pm
I agree with you about New Moon. Too much of the novel is spent with Bella wallowing in depression.

Halcyon said...
on Jul. 6 2011 at 6:29 pm
The Twilight Saga was okay, but I don't get why people obsess over it. However, it seems to have sparked many other vampires-are-great books to the point of which most mortal beings will tend to run from the room, screaming,"GAAAHHH! Not another vampire book!"

silver syl said...
on Jul. 2 2011 at 9:04 am
<3 <3
just love the book

on Jul. 1 2011 at 8:00 am
EspumosoNayade BRONZE, Kanpur, Other
Stephenie's done a commendable job! I love all parts of THE TWILIGHT SAGA... Its so realistic, for a while you tend to forget your surroundings and live in the world of Bella Swan and the vampires and werewolves! Awesome storyline! Nice review! I'm loving it!!

Amanda said...
on Jun. 29 2011 at 7:31 pm
I totally <3 this book!!!!!!

on Jun. 26 2011 at 1:28 am
Blackmirror SILVER, Charlotte, North Carolina

Some quotes I really like:

"Love is composed of a single soul inhabiting two bodies." -Aristotle
"Every man dies. Not every man really lives." -William Wallace
"Sanity is madness put to good use." -George Santayana

I loved your review! It was nice! :) I myself don't like the Twilight series at all and regret buying the books instead of borrowing the from someone, but that's just me... :D I thought your review was very well written, though. :)

on Jun. 21 2011 at 10:50 pm
DreamingOurWorld GOLD, Irvine, California
I liked the article. However, Twilight was horrible! I couldn't read through half the book! Most of it is just descriptions upon descriptions of Edward. But your article was still great =).

on Jun. 21 2011 at 12:17 am
EnochDreams GOLD, Simi Valley, California

Hence poetry is something more philosophic and of graver importance than history, since its statements are rather of the nature of universals, whereas those of history are singulars. - Aristotle

‎"I think the biggest thing that my failures have taught me is that you can't succeed without failing"

-Rick Riordan

Great book, wonderful detail. The 2nd in the series titled New Moon was boring but the rest were very easy entertaining reads! The chicks might like them more.

Jonak4ever said...
on Jun. 13 2011 at 1:35 pm
There was no stereotype about vampires doing that stuff, thats what they are according to the author that wrote the dracula novels

shadow4ever said...
on Jun. 13 2011 at 1:29 pm
I started reading this book but then i didn't like it. i kept reading but then i fell asleep.

person said...
on Jun. 13 2011 at 1:27 pm
I started to reed this book, but I didn't like it because. It was to sappy

on Jun. 6 2011 at 9:07 pm
oh my gosh. i love the twilight siereis! Stephanie Meyer makes them seem like so more than just blood sucking monsters like dracula or somthing!

9718350526 said...
on Jun. 6 2011 at 6:13 am

its a very nice story according to me.

ull find it like ur real life.firstly u ll find it boring but when as u start it will suck u in

SciArc

MacMillan Books

Aspiring Writer? Take Our Online Course!