Twilight by Stephenie Meyer MAG

By Katey Tilney, San Jose, CA

I was never in love with vampires until Twilight came out. I didn’t know it was possible, but Stephenie Meyer changed the stereotypical blood-sucking vampire into a beautiful god-like creature.

In Twilight, an average high school girl, Bella Swan, falls in love with one of the most beautiful boys at her new school, Edward, who happens to be a vampire. What does one call a stunning, mysterious vampire and his stunning, mysterious vampire family? I believe “The Cullens” would suffice.

The author’s style and characters will glue your hands to the book and your eyes to the page. In no time, the book is over. But don’t worry – there are three sequels: New Moon, Eclipse, and Breaking Dawn.

Twilight is well written from Bella’s point of view. It feels as though a movie is playing in your head. If you don’t feel that way, have no fear, the actual movie comes out November 21.

Twilight is such a magnificent book that it was a New York Times bestseller. Who would have thought that the idea for such an astonishing book could come from a dream the author had?

The theme is love conquers all, even the supernatural. Nothing stands in the way of love for Edward and Bella. Or does it?

Meyer’s style of writing will have you wanting to believe that there are gorgeous vampires roaming our world and just hopefully there will be Edwards for all of the girls who have fallen in love with this fictional yet breathtaking character. Since the characters’ love is forbidden, it only makes it better. ­After all, forbidden fruit tastes the sweetest.

on Dec. 2 2011 at 8:58 am
This book is so well thought of and so good I love u Stephenie Myers!!!!:)

on Nov. 30 2011 at 7:34 pm
Ice_Queen PLATINUM, Peoria, Arizona

Love is anterior to life, posterior to death, initial of creation, and the exponent of breath.
-Emily Dickinson

Twilight? Oh good. My turn to tear up a book.

DiaaBabeyy said...
on Nov. 30 2011 at 4:22 pm
I liked the breaking dawn , It was good .. & Harry Potter movies are like FOREVER -.-

on Nov. 22 2011 at 3:21 pm
Akane-Ree BRONZE, New City, New York

\"She\'s got it out for me BUT I WEAR THE BIGGEST SMILE"

I didn't really like the books or movies... the review was good though! i found the books not very well-written.

on Nov. 22 2011 at 12:42 pm
savetheplanet PLATINUM, Anaheim, California

It is better to have loved and lost than never to have loved at all.

I'm not a fan so much of the movies, they were pretty cheesy.  But I really like the books, this is a good review! :D

Jessbug SILVER said...
on Nov. 11 2011 at 9:54 am
Jessbug SILVER, Jersey City, New Jersey

“We are all apprentices in a craft where no one ever becomes a master.”
—Ernest Hemingway

Sorry, I meant good*

Jessbug SILVER said...
on Nov. 11 2011 at 9:54 am
Jessbug SILVER, Jersey City, New Jersey

—Ernest Hemingway

Great review; it was very well-written. Personally, I don't much care for Twilight. I think that the underlying messages it sends are not good ones, but...different strokes for different folks, no? Overall, very goo review.

on Nov. 3 2011 at 4:09 am

I think that twilight is one of thee ,in my opnion, BEST BOOKS i have ever read so what if meyer wrote it because of a dream thats were she got her inspiration from and TWILIGHT is one of thee best selling and movies franchise ever ! STOP putting this novel down if you havent read it you dont know how good it is but if you read it and it isnt ur thing will plain and simple it just not UR THING and still even if u didnt like it what is the point of coming here and continuly BLABING  about how rubbish it was like get a life stop putting people down!!! yes every body has different opnions but post liek " 1OO" ( NOT LITERALLY) comments about how mucuh you hate twilight and like harry potter all the way down th page of comments like really Sort Out Ur Life and if you dont like twilight why in the world do YOU come and start reading a review about it ??? i just dont even understand people anymoore !! Why dont you go read a review about all the hary potter books like seriously sort out your problems !!!

GO TWILIGHT !!! 

on Oct. 31 2011 at 1:34 pm
CocoHorsager BRONZE, Ladera Ranch, California
1 article 1 photo 3 comments
I don't think Twilight is a good book just because of the messages it sends... i mean your review was really good, but it didn't change my mind about the book.

Naomi518 GOLD said...
on Oct. 30 2011 at 8:12 pm
Naomi518 GOLD, Windsor, Connecticut

"Happiness can be found, even in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light" ~Albus Dumbledore

ooo I like you're unser name :D

on Oct. 29 2011 at 10:13 pm
TheHalfBloodPrincess BRONZE, Seria, Other
And Stephanie Meyer said this whole idea came to her in a dream ;) Dumbledore is always right.

on Oct. 29 2011 at 10:12 pm
HELL YEAH!!! HARRY POTTER FOREVAAHHH

on Oct. 29 2011 at 10:11 pm
*ever read

on Oct. 29 2011 at 10:11 pm
Your article is great, but I think Twilight is the worst book I have ever written in the sense that it is sending some wrong messages like pedophiliation :P (Edward is like 100-something and Bella is just 18) Imagine if he wasn't all good looking and he actually looked 100-something? Pretty gross isn't it :P The first movie was pretty pathetic, it was cheap :/ but the others are pretty good. Personally, Harry Potter is much better. Stephanie Meyer isn't NEARLY as good as JK Rowling, I think Steph can learn a thing or two from her.

on Oct. 21 2011 at 9:27 am
i really love twilight and i really like her books

on Oct. 20 2011 at 12:54 pm
NiklausMikaelson1864 SILVER, Southwest Harbor, Maine

"Please note that I am saying this as I twirl my metaphorical mustache." ~Talon McCallister

Okay, I agree with this fully, but I still think that the first book is nauseating. All she does is talk about Edward and how awesome he is. What about the action (aside from the dance studio)? I like Eclipse better, but good job!

Kalie SILVER said...
on Oct. 19 2011 at 7:45 pm
Kalie SILVER, Cashmere, Washington

We are all people so why treat each other differently

Stephanie Meyers writing is flowing and very emotional

auber98 said...
on Oct. 18 2011 at 7:59 pm
auber98, Sdgh, New York

"Don't judge a book by its cover." ;)

I know a lot of people think that the theme of Twilight is terrible, but even if it is (I'm not saying it is), I think Stephanie Meyers did a good job with writing it..It's so creative.

auber98 said...
on Oct. 18 2011 at 7:54 pm
auber98, Sdgh, New York

"Don't judge a book by its cover." ;)

I love Twilight, but I laughed at Naomi518's comment..Hahaa!! :)

auber98 said...
on Oct. 18 2011 at 7:52 pm
auber98, Sdgh, New York

"Don't judge a book by its cover." ;)

Ohhh, so this is ur Twilight reveiw..I get it now.;)

SciArc

MacMillan Books

Aspiring Writer? Take Our Online Course!