I'm Done

I'm done waiting in the wind
Hoping that you'll one day come.
I'm done crossing my fingers
And gnawing on my thumb.
I'm done being someone I'm not
tired of letting my heart rot
I've still got a life to live.
I've got nothing left to give

I'm done with saying "I love you"
only for the wind to hear.
So I'm letting go.

Goodbye, my dear.

annexgrey This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
Jul. 17, 2010 at 4:23 am

Aw, thank you so much :)

That's so nice of you.

Egyptiangirl13 This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
Jul. 3, 2010 at 7:50 am
Wow i really like this!! i love how creative and meaningful it is!! awesome job-please check out and comment on some of my work :)

xBaByGiRrL22x said...
wow, i really like this! can completely relate. i luvv da rhyming scheme u put into mos of ur poems. to me, tht takes talent and well, i think we can all say u def have it (: awesome job

Jun. 8, 2010 at 6:06 am
Thanks very much, dear :)

hepburn said...
Jun. 7, 2010 at 5:38 am
ooh i like i like!! :)

Ambo123 said...
:)I really like this

annexgrey This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. replied...
May 31, 2010 at 6:01 am

Thank you! That means to much to me. :) 

Whenever your own work gets on teenink, let me know. I'd be happy to check it out!

Ambo123 replied...
May 31, 2010 at 11:28 am

Alright I will.

I submitted three pieces, but they are still pending approval or something i guess. Do you know how long that typically takes?

Jun. 1, 2010 at 5:47 am
It can take anywhere from a couple of days to a few weeks. Just hang in there! :)

lunaEccentric said...

I agree with what you said annesgray, have you heard the song "So Long Self" by MercyMe? I think you'd like it. It has the same theme wrapped around it. I can relate wholeheartedly and love this piece!

Favorite line: "I'm done with saying 'I love you'/only for the wind to hear."

Could you check out some of my work?

Mar. 29, 2010 at 6:57 am

Aw, thank you so much. 

Also, thanks for the song recommendation - I checked it out; it's good! (adds to top playlist *grins*)

Starfire said...
This poem is very good just as dreamer-believer had said. Very good job on this. I do actually like all your work. Very good job. ^.^

dreamer_believer said...
this is by far one of my favorite poems on this site. whoa, what can i say? everything is amazing about this poem :) it has amazing rhythm, if flows perfectly, and i love the rhyming. i can also love the heartbreak twist you put into this :) it's very good....5 stars :) would you mind checking out my piece "take my heart and break it?" i'd like to hear what you have to say about this piece. but seriously, this is a GREAT piece ;) bravo!!