For my best friend | Teen Ink

For my best friend

By hannahbee7 DIAMOND, Boca Raton, Florida
hannahbee7 DIAMOND, Boca Raton, Florida

"You know you’re a writer if your friend tells you a heartbreaking story and your first reaction is – wow, that would make an incredible plot for a novel. You know you’re a smart writer if you manage to keep that reaction to yourself."

I want to help
but you don't care
You're hurting so badly
it's simply not fair

No one deserves this
mostly not you
I know I'm not perfect
But what should I do?

My friend is going through a really dark time right now... I want to help her but I don't know how. So I listen and write

writer3499 GOLD, New Bedford, Massachusetts

"it's impossible to live without failing at something, unless you live so cautiously that you might has well not have lived at all-in which case you fail by default."
-J.K.Rowling

Wow this is rellly great! One of the reasons why this is so fantastic is because it hows passion and is written beautifully! Awesome peice! I know you didn't ask for advice on how to make your friend fell better and stuff but I can relate to this and most of the time when my friend is talking to me I don't really know what to do so I just listen and try to think of a way to change her perspective. You know, say things like "at least your not on fire right now" most of the time it seems to help or just make her laugh! Thats my best advice...sorry its not that good. Would you  mind checking out some of my work if you get a chance? Thanks!

xdreamer123 BRONZE, Reader, West Virginia

Don't fall in love, fall off a bridge... It hurts less. </3

THis is very nice. I'm sure you will find a way to help her.

pinkypromise23 PLATINUM, Cranston, Rhode Island

i know that you believe you understand what you think i said, but im not sure you realize that what you heard is not what i meant.

well yeah i just read all the stuff you have on here, and your really amazing. keep writing!

on May. 2 2010 at 8:42 am
princess4ever BRONZE, Tripoli, Other
I love this poem. I've read some of ur poems. ur really talented

DramaQueen106 BRONZE, Carrollton, Texas

" I love how it shows how if two people are meant to be together, they will be, even if something seperates them. That there's a magic to it" - Beastly

wow dis rlly shows how u feel..nice!:)