Never Understimate a Girl

You're sittin' over there
talkin' like you're better than me
like you've got a right, more skill in everything
like it's destined in some prophecy
But let me tell you something
something one day you'll see
one day you'll figure out, what the world is all about
you'll step back to re-evaluate me
re-think your priorities

CHORUS: Never underestimate a girl
cause' one day she will become your world
she understands,she wears the pants
she knows your thoughts with one glance

Never underestimate a girl
cause' one day you'll be on her pay roll
can control you with her finger,
so don't dare too long to linger,
cause' you know she's in control
never underestimate a girl

Go ahead and drop your mouth
you know what I'm talkin' about
guess one day you'll see
Beauty tamed the Beast
Ariel left the sea
we're stronger than you think

CHORUS

Never underestimate a girl
no, never underestimate a girl

BleedingRose said...
Mar. 10, 2010 at 10:45 am
This is amazing, I've been trying to prove this point for years! Thanks so much for using your talent to come up with this and post it, it's really incredible. And I'm gald how you reply to every comment, I thought I was the only one who did that! Mind checking some of my work? ;)

BleedingRose replied...
Thanks! I wanna get published very badly also, so I need as much constructive critisism as possible! Good luck to you! ;)

BMMSKC said...
GUYS THINK THEY'RE ALL THAT IN A BAG OF CHIPS THIS POEM IS SOOOO TRUE :)

Josh W. replied...
Not all guys are like that you know.

amanda727 replied...
haha I agree with Josh and you other user. I think some guys have an annoying ego, but not all guys are that way. This is a heated subject, eh?

Josh W. replied...
I agree with what you said in the song, but only about "some" guys. Don't let the minority of guys get to you. You can always tell a good guy because they are probably the one's that don't get along with the guys portrayed in your song.

amanda727 replied...
Agreed!!! :) Thank you for commenting! I like having every angle and perspective commented on and viewed. Don't change-do not be like those guys :)

Larissa S. said...
Mar. 9, 2010 at 7:42 am
absolutely love these lyrics.... great job!

amanda727 replied...
thank you so much! I"m glad you like it!

gennygirl said...
well im new to the website and ive submitted about5 or 6 articles in the last 3 days but theyre all in line to be summitted (or not) so maybe soon

amanda727 replied...
Yeah, I know how that feels! :) Just takes time sometimes...but then you'll be in the rankings for everyone to vote on! :)
welcome to Teen Ink!!! :)

Clopsey replied...
Some of them are starting to pop up now. I really like them. Keep it coming!! (And by the way, good luck with lacrosse this season! It's an awesome sport!)

gennygirl replied...
Mar. 14, 2010 at 12:20 am
clopsey, when i first read your comment i thought you were stalking me, but i then realized i but that in my profile, thanks for checking up on my work and profile!!

NaomiBrown replied...
I thought this was a great poem. My still is kind of similar. Please read. I'm urging you!

Katlyn said...
Mar. 8, 2010 at 8:57 am
I love this! Oh wow! It's so funny because it's so true. Guys think their so much better than us but seriously, guys and girls are only what they make themselves out to be.

amanda727 replied...
Mar. 8, 2010 at 11:17 am
Thanks! :) I'm glad you like it. I agree; girls can be just as smart or skilled or athletic as guys. It's just all in the attitude :)

gennygirl said...
omg, i love theese lyrics they are amazin,
also i read alot of these comments and this girl is so nice and comments to every one!!!!!!!

amanda727 replied...
Mar. 6, 2010 at 12:06 am
aww thank you! I try to comment back to everyone, to let thhem know I appreciate them commenting on my work!
I am glad you like my lyrics :) thank you!
Do you have work on here?

morgie7<3 said...
I love:) I know this kid that was so extremely sexist in the sixth grade! It was horrible! Us girls need to stick together! This kid has a sis and mom but he was like "All girls are good for is cleaning, they shouldn't be in the army or in politics!" it was like excuse me?! Anyway good work

amanda727 replied...
ok. Tell him... Rosa Parks-the first WOMAN to stand up for herself in public. Amelia Earhart-first woman to fly around the world.
OH--- AND WHO IS THE ONE RESPONSIBLE FOR TODAYS POPULATION? WOMEN! lol. Tell him that.
Women should be known for more than cleaning and good household chores. We're much more than that. We are strong, we stand together, and when we say we'll do something, we mean it. We don't stop till we do it.

morgie7<3 replied...
Very good points!!