Never Understimate a Girl

You're sittin' over there
talkin' like you're better than me
like you've got a right, more skill in everything
like it's destined in some prophecy
But let me tell you something
something one day you'll see
one day you'll figure out, what the world is all about
you'll step back to re-evaluate me
re-think your priorities

CHORUS: Never underestimate a girl
cause' one day she will become your world
she understands,she wears the pants
she knows your thoughts with one glance

Never underestimate a girl
cause' one day you'll be on her pay roll
can control you with her finger,
so don't dare too long to linger,
cause' you know she's in control
never underestimate a girl

Go ahead and drop your mouth
you know what I'm talkin' about
guess one day you'll see
Beauty tamed the Beast
Ariel left the sea
we're stronger than you think

CHORUS

Never underestimate a girl
no, never underestimate a girl

xLifexLovexBooksx said...
This is really amazing :) I really like it! Its sensible but its also funny, it would make an awesome song! i have a few but they're not a good as yours xD

amanda727 replied...
Haha thank you! I'm glad you like it! Though I doubt yours aren't as good, if not better, than mine. Do you write a lot of poetry or all just songs? What are you into literature-wise?

Ookami said...
you did very well. i liked it.^_^

amanda727 replied...
Thank you! I"m glad you like it! :) Do you have work on here?

Ookami replied...
yes i do. but it's not very popular. oh well. guess some things can't be changed. but you did do very good. and that is such a true thing. never under estimate a girl cause they will always find a way to surprise you.

amanda727 replied...
just hold on; people will love your work, I"m sure. Thank you though; I'm glad you like me work. And duh! Us girls always surprise you :)

Ookami replied...
how do you stop the feeling of not belonging? and i'm sure you could do anything. i just don't have any real talent for anything.

amanda727 replied...
Mar. 7, 2010 at 12:51 am
Hey, don't ever say that bout yourself. Listen, we ALL have our insecurities, the things we don't think we're good at. I do, I know that. But when one door closes, one more opens. Remember that. And if you don't believe in yourself, how can you expect anyone else to believe in you?
You have to know... strength is somethiing you choose, and if you do, you will NOT crumble.
No one can change your mind or make you feel otherwise but the way to feel like you belong... (more »)

Ookami replied...
wow never thought i'd say this to anyone but thanks. you've helped alot. in alot of ways. your really cool.

amanda727 replied...
thanks :) well... like I've said, we've all been there... we can all relate to the feeling of not belonging. You'll make it... You're talented. Just hang in there. :)

Ookami replied...
yeah i know. thanks. you keep writing now k. bye.

SabrinaCandy said...
Feb. 22, 2010 at 9:48 am
you're soo right :D i luv ittt

PeaveLoveMe(: said...
OMG WHOA! LLoooVVEEDD ITTT!!!! Mind if a friend and I put notes in to make it a full song? we take no credit for lyrics and we don't change them

amanda727 replied...
Yeah, go ahead. I am glad you like it enough to want to put music to it. I put music to it, it's set to a jazzy-pop vibe but feel free to do whatever. Just don't change it please. lol.

SHSDANCER011 said...
WOW TOTALLY LOVE DIS SOOOO MUCH...LIKE HELLA....CANT WAIT TO READ MORE!

amanda727 replied...
haha thank you! I'm glad you like it! You should check out my personal favorite, "You're Gonna Miss This"... I wrote it awhile ago.
Do you have work on here?

takeiteasylovenothin said...
Feb. 18, 2010 at 7:39 am
some girls are so smart, that when they're round guys they try not to act smarter than them. wow.
PS i'm a guy

amanda727 replied...
haha. Finally! I like it when a guy puts their input in my work :)
Yeah, some girls do that. For me, I just act the way I always do...no matter if there is a boy around or not.

takeiteasylovenothin replied...
Feb. 24, 2010 at 9:13 am
whoa you're in a band? do you guys have a myspace and whoa you are always yourself i think i love you (in a non-creepy non-internet stalker way!)

amanda727 replied...
Hahahaha :)
Yes I was in a band. I just moved though so I'm going to have to figure something out. I think we'll still stay together though-I didn't move too far, just like half an hour away.
Do you play anything?
Haha you make me smile :) That sounds like something I would say (the i-love-you-in-a-non-creepy-way)... :)
where are ya from? And you can add me on facebook if ya want... look up: Amanda Trask.

takeiteasylovenothin replied...
Mar. 9, 2010 at 10:38 am
yup! i play a couple instruments. and we're just gonna have to be writin friends cuz i quit facebook :0)
i live in NC. can i find ur music online anywhere?