Never Understimate a Girl | Teen Ink

Never Understimate a Girl

By amanda727 PLATINUM, Salt Lake City, Utah
amanda727 PLATINUM, Salt Lake City, Utah

Don't let anybody tell you who you are; don't let anyone tell you that you don't deserve what you're willing to work for.
Never give up; you\'ll never know how far you could go until you try to get to where you want to go.

You're sittin' over there
talkin' like you're better than me
like you've got a right, more skill in everything
like it's destined in some prophecy
But let me tell you something
something one day you'll see
one day you'll figure out, what the world is all about
you'll step back to re-evaluate me
re-think your priorities

CHORUS: Never underestimate a girl
cause' one day she will become your world
she understands,she wears the pants
she knows your thoughts with one glance

Never underestimate a girl
cause' one day you'll be on her pay roll
can control you with her finger,
so don't dare too long to linger,
cause' you know she's in control
never underestimate a girl

Go ahead and drop your mouth
you know what I'm talkin' about
guess one day you'll see
Beauty tamed the Beast
Ariel left the sea
we're stronger than you think

CHORUS

Never underestimate a girl
no, never underestimate a girl

DON'T UNDERESTIMATE A GIRL... I know some guys think they are tougher or more skilled but... us girls stick together and we're strong and we're quick thinking... so we'll take your world by surprise....

Hi Lexi!

Firstly, I think you should make an account and get your work on your own profile so people can see it and vote for it!

It's a good song but I wanna tell you something... songs don't always have to rhyme. That song could be so intuitive and easy to relate to but it feels like you spent too much time making it try to rhyme that you took away some of the depth and meaning and emotion behind it. When you write a song, it should come from your heart. You can't rhyme that all the time.

Sunset 17, I didn't even know she had a song called that until a few months ago. But I have researched the song recently, and you will see that it is not the same. They are totally different songs with the same title.

Thank you! I'm only the writer... the strength comes from the girls who actually stand up for themselves :) I'm glad my piece has inspired some people though!

Thank you! Do you have work on here?

Thank you guys! :) I'm so glad you like my song... I know though-the wait time to get something online is horrible. It's not even guaranteed a spot in the magazine. This wasn't in the mag. Oh well-keep trying, right?

MarcusSheppard, Lakewood, Washington
I thought this was a great poem. My still is kind of similar. Please read. I'm urging you!

mikky said...
i really like your song i can relate to it so much. i recently had to stand up to the "kool girl". keep writing you have great potential :)

mikky said...
i love this it makes me wonna be a very powerful girl and i love the part about the 'pay roll'....awsomness

bound4life4ever PLATINUM, Jamaica, New York

Never take life seriously. Nobody gets out alive anyway.

o yea!!!!!!!!!1 makes me wanna take on the world !!!

Eilatan GOLD said...
Eilatan GOLD, Old Greenwich, Connecticut

"Nobody is normal. Everybody in the world is a weirdo freak. Except you, which makes you a weirdo freak."

Sexism is a problem all over the world. It's spmething i hope to change with my presidency someday. GIRL POWER.

Valery5 said...
Valery5, Riverside, California

"What's bad for your heart is good for your art."

go girls!!!!!

Kasumi BRONZE said...
on Apr. 23 2010 at 10:45 am
Kasumi BRONZE, Mequon, Wisconsin

Life can be hard and sad, but there is good things in life, too

I love it! ^^ very nice!

Stellar SILVER said...
Stellar SILVER, San Angelo, Texas

Live through all of your blessings.

I totally agree with ZebraWithoutStripes... the beauty tamed the Beast, Ariel left the sea part is complete beauty.

Ramzan SILVER said...
Ramzan SILVER, Loveland, Ohio
WOOH! That was awesome. I'd love to hear this song.

ZebraWithoutStripes ELITE, Blue Springs, Missouri

To make a difference in the world, you have to be different from the world.

love it!! this is really clever! (i especially like the "beauty tamed the beast, ariel left the sea, we're stronger than you think" part. :) go you!

ThatOneWritingGirl PLATINUM, Greenwood Village, Colorado

Don't tell me the sky's the limit when there are footprints on the moon.
Love Always. :)
When the tides of life turn against you and the current upsets your boat, don't waste time and tears on what might have been, just lie on your back and float.

Yeah, I really liked it. It was really really good actually! I do think it was very similar and close to Vanessa Hudegens song Never Underestimate a Girl. But I still liked it. Nice work. You're very talented

Alexandria6 BRONZE, Hickory, North Carolina

"This world will never be, what I expected. And if something went wrong, who would have guessed it?"

I know! I submitted about 10 poems over a month ago and none have been published yet! Haha oh well.. this is a good song. Great work!

lexi said...
hi i want to put a song on here but i didnt want to sign in soooooo anyways here it gos ♪she walks in to the like she is all that i look in her eyes she looks surprized and i say yeah you im standing up to the "kool girl" but thats just what i do. she turns to get her possie but they back away they know they dont want to mess with me~e~e yeah so you might think im crazy but thats just who i am yeah yeah i just dont want to waist my life for her to tell me who i am what i will be what i do. the boys think shes hot the boys think im not but thats ok i will get to have it my way! do you remember when i let you walk all over me?you found them ill find him you know what they say what gos around comes around oh oh. i will get my way one day. im not gonna sit down and live my life no no. im gonna live as if i will die tomarro and dream as if i will live forever. can you tell that i am not adverage. can you tell that im not afraid to speak up stand out believe in my dreams. well i get my way one day yes i will get my way why would i not get my way i am gonna get my way one day ♪ i hope you liked my song i am a beginer for song wrighting please tell me if you liked it!!! thanks... lexi

on Apr. 6 2010 at 10:13 am
chiquitacheer122 BRONZE, Fonda, New York
1 article 0 photos 1 comment
Wow, your a really good song writer. You should be very proud of your self. You really stand up for the girl.

on Apr. 4 2010 at 10:22 am
Sunset17 SILVER, New City, New York
its okay but its really similar to the song never undrestimate a girl by Vanessa Hudgens..... a lot of your lines are close....