Never Understimate a Girl | Teen Ink

Never Understimate a Girl

By amanda727 PLATINUM, Salt Lake City, Utah
amanda727 PLATINUM, Salt Lake City, Utah

Don't let anybody tell you who you are; don't let anyone tell you that you don't deserve what you're willing to work for.
Never give up; you\'ll never know how far you could go until you try to get to where you want to go.

You're sittin' over there
talkin' like you're better than me
like you've got a right, more skill in everything
like it's destined in some prophecy
But let me tell you something
something one day you'll see
one day you'll figure out, what the world is all about
you'll step back to re-evaluate me
re-think your priorities

CHORUS: Never underestimate a girl
cause' one day she will become your world
she understands,she wears the pants
she knows your thoughts with one glance

Never underestimate a girl
cause' one day you'll be on her pay roll
can control you with her finger,
so don't dare too long to linger,
cause' you know she's in control
never underestimate a girl

Go ahead and drop your mouth
you know what I'm talkin' about
guess one day you'll see
Beauty tamed the Beast
Ariel left the sea
we're stronger than you think

CHORUS

Never underestimate a girl
no, never underestimate a girl

DON'T UNDERESTIMATE A GIRL... I know some guys think they are tougher or more skilled but... us girls stick together and we're strong and we're quick thinking... so we'll take your world by surprise....

Egyptiangirl13 GOLD, Kansas City, Missouri

\"either write something worth reading or do something worth writing. -Benjamin Franklin

\"If columbus would have turned back, no one would have blamed him. No one would have remembered him either.\"

\"If music be the food of love, play on.\"

GIRL POWER, GIRL POWER!!!!!

sNIKerz said...
Yeah thats true.....

Emma.H.96 DIAMOND, Kalamazoo, Michigan

You own everything that happened to you. Tell your stories. If people wanted you to write warmly about them, they should've behaved better. -Anne Lamott, from Bird by Bird: Some Instructions on Writing and Life.

There is a song that is by Vanessa Hudgens that sounds exactly like this and even has a few of the same lines...just sayin'...

on May. 3 2010 at 9:41 am
grettelfinkster1234 BRONZE, Spotsylvania, Indiana

I'm Hot.

I am a girl. I am single. I think this might apply to me. :)

tia94 BRONZE said...
tia94 BRONZE, Pheonix, Arizona

quiet your heart and listen,close you eyes and dream,open your mind and amagine

wowo i loved it great job.i really did like it.im kinda curoious now how the beat and how the song would sound like

TrulyRosa BRONZE, Beaverton, Oregon

"Play the wrong note and we'll all b[e] flat."

you are so right! Lyrics are well written. You go, girl! You've got GIRL POWER!

ladygagaluvr BRONZE, Tenafly, New Jersey

"To the windows, to the windows! To the walls, to the walls!..." - Betty White in The Proposal

thats rlly cool. the lyrics are so well-written!

that was really good and sooo true

mikky said...
on Apr. 28 2010 at 7:38 am
Hi lexi, its me again thanks for the reply. and ur totally rite writing down ur thoughts does help. actually im a very big fan of writing and im hoping some of my work will be published someday. maybe i can send u some of them and u can tell me what u think...:)

smallfry GOLD said...
smallfry GOLD, Eagan, Minnesota

don't let the fear of striking out keep you from playing the game

I loved it. i totally agree with all of it. you have a great way with words. coming from a girl its true never underestimate us

bballchic_34 BRONZE, West Bend, Wisconsin

"When I step onto the court, I don't have to think about anything. If I have a problem off the court, I find that after I play, my mind is clearer and I can come up with a better solution. It's like therapy." ~ Michel Jordan

I love this song.  Great job! 

iheartlife/ said...
on Apr. 26 2010 at 9:50 am
it was okkkkk. :)

Eilatan GOLD said...
Eilatan GOLD, Old Greenwich, Connecticut

"Nobody is normal. Everybody in the world is a weirdo freak. Except you, which makes you a weirdo freak."

Thank you!!! So many of my friends and even my parents don't think I can do it, it's wonderful to finally find someone who believes in me. I also loved your response to bound4life4ever. excellent advice. Thanks!

Alice_in_Wonderland GOLD, San Clemente, California

“I could give up, I could stay stuck, or I could move on, So I put one foot front of the other, No no no nothing’s gonna break my stride, “ –David Archuleta (The Other Side of Down)

Awesome! I am a girl too and girls do rock.!!!

Stellar SILVER said...
on Apr. 24 2010 at 10:30 am
Stellar SILVER, San Angelo, Texas

Live through all of your blessings.

Doesn't EVERYONE!!! =)

do it! Question everything, ask questions that don't make sense, find discoveries everyone overlooked.  Try things normal people wouldn't, climb trees and go to some faraway place no one dares to go... own a snake... idk. Do something with your life! ---Challenge yourself. Take risks. Don't be afraid to fall. Don't be afraid to try something.

You only have on life to live. Why waste it?

You want to be the President? As in, the President of the United States? Oh wow....! That is awesome! I hope you can do it! Stay strong; don't let anyone tell you you're not good enough... it'll be a tough ride but you can do it :)

Thank you!!! (to both of you!)

The song is a jazzy-pop kind of song. It is a song you wouldn't expect to hear but it's really smooth. I like it.

And thank you! I have a minor obsession to Disney characters... :)

thank you! I am glad you like it! You should read my piece, "You're Gonna' Miss This"-it's my personal favorite. What kind of stuff do you write about?

Mikky,

I am glad you stuck up for yourself. Stay strong and keep writing. Know that sometimes writings can be stronger than anything you say out loud. Because we don't always say everything we think. So keep writing. I'm sure you're a talented young person and I hope you get your chance to be published. :)