Never Understimate a Girl | Teen Ink

Never Understimate a Girl

By amanda727 PLATINUM, Salt Lake City, Utah
amanda727 PLATINUM, Salt Lake City, Utah

Don't let anybody tell you who you are; don't let anyone tell you that you don't deserve what you're willing to work for.
Never give up; you\'ll never know how far you could go until you try to get to where you want to go.

You're sittin' over there
talkin' like you're better than me
like you've got a right, more skill in everything
like it's destined in some prophecy
But let me tell you something
something one day you'll see
one day you'll figure out, what the world is all about
you'll step back to re-evaluate me
re-think your priorities

CHORUS: Never underestimate a girl
cause' one day she will become your world
she understands,she wears the pants
she knows your thoughts with one glance

Never underestimate a girl
cause' one day you'll be on her pay roll
can control you with her finger,
so don't dare too long to linger,
cause' you know she's in control
never underestimate a girl

Go ahead and drop your mouth
you know what I'm talkin' about
guess one day you'll see
Beauty tamed the Beast
Ariel left the sea
we're stronger than you think

CHORUS

Never underestimate a girl
no, never underestimate a girl

DON'T UNDERESTIMATE A GIRL... I know some guys think they are tougher or more skilled but... us girls stick together and we're strong and we're quick thinking... so we'll take your world by surprise....

on Mar. 14 2010 at 12:20 am
little-miss-mistakes GOLD, Plano, Texas

even after all these years the sun has never said to the earth, you owe me... look at what a love like that can do, it can light up the sky

clopsey, when i first read your comment i thought you were stalking me, but i then realized i but that in my profile, thanks for checking up on my work and profile!!

on Mar. 13 2010 at 9:49 pm

hey; I agree with you! No, I do not believe that women are superior necessarily. I believe we are equal, if not better, than men.

on Mar. 13 2010 at 3:18 pm
Isawyouyesterday GOLD, Cincinnati, Ohio
I like how the strength of a woman is emphasized in this poem but I think its not okay to say women are better than men...I feel this is too extreme and can prevent total equality for women

on Mar. 12 2010 at 11:31 pm
Clopsey PLATINUM, Chapel Hill, North Carolina
Some of them are starting to pop up now. I really like them. Keep it coming!! (And by the way, good luck with lacrosse this season! It's an awesome sport!)

on Mar. 11 2010 at 5:55 pm

Agreed!!! :) Thank you for commenting! I like having every angle and perspective commented on and viewed. Don't change-do not be like those guys :)

on Mar. 11 2010 at 5:54 pm

Thanks for the comment! I agree-no one is inferior to the other. Everyone is equal. I wanted to show that. :)

on Mar. 11 2010 at 5:53 pm

I'm always open to revision and to advice.... what felt repeated, and what should/could I have added?

Katrselyn said...
on Mar. 11 2010 at 4:24 pm
Katrselyn, Kankakee, Illinois
that was pretty good but next time add more different things it just felt repeated

:}

on Mar. 11 2010 at 1:23 pm
takeiteasylovenothin BRONZE, Raleigh, North Carolina
Yup i play all of those + violin and viola! I used to have a myspace with some of my recordins but they sucked :)

you should totally put your stuffs online cuz i can tell you don't suck like meh!

shmedly GOLD said...
on Mar. 10 2010 at 7:23 pm
shmedly GOLD, Loveland, Ohio
wow i love how this shows that none is inferior just by the way they look or their gender i am a boy but i do get extremly mad if someone (mostly adults) condecends to me just because i am young thanks :)

Josh_W BRONZE said...
on Mar. 10 2010 at 5:02 pm
Josh_W BRONZE, South Bend, Indiana

A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity; an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty. -- Winston Churchill

I agree with what you said in the song, but only about "some" guys. Don't let the minority of guys get to you. You can always tell a good guy because they are probably the one's that don't get along with the guys portrayed in your song.

on Mar. 10 2010 at 3:44 pm

oh sweet! What instruments? I play piano and guitar and drums. Haha, my sister just quit facebook. :)

I live in UT.

on Mar. 10 2010 at 3:42 pm

Yeah, I know how that feels! :) Just takes time sometimes...but then you'll be in the rankings for everyone to vote on! :)

welcome to Teen Ink!!! :)

on Mar. 10 2010 at 3:41 pm

thank you so much! I"m glad you like it!

on Mar. 10 2010 at 3:41 pm

haha I agree with Josh and you other user. I think some guys have an annoying ego, but not all guys are that way. This is a heated subject, eh?

on Mar. 10 2010 at 3:38 pm

thank you! :) My hope is to become published-have my own book, ya know? Ha, I wrote this after an argument with my brother. And of course I respond to everyone! I wouldn't be in the position I am in with the rankings if the people who rated/voted for my song hadn't done so! So I like to thank people. So thank you :)

and sure, I'll check your work!

on Mar. 10 2010 at 3:35 pm

Right! She was an admirable person. Also, Soujorner Truth! I'm glad you mentioned Harriet Tubman :)

on Mar. 10 2010 at 10:46 am
BleedingRose PLATINUM, Frederic, Wisconsin

*The darkness holds infinite possibilities.

(mine)

Don't forget Harriet Tubman! She's the best!

on Mar. 10 2010 at 10:46 am

(mine)

Don't forget Harriet Tubman! She's the best! :D

on Mar. 10 2010 at 10:45 am

(mine)

This is amazing, I've been trying to prove this point for years! Thanks so much for using your talent to come up with this and post it, it's really incredible. And I'm gald how you reply to every comment, I thought I was the only one who did that! Mind checking some of my work? ;)