Knowing Nothing of This ’Til Then This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine.

I was younger then, but only by months.
Curiosity settled unbearably throughout my limbs
And I waited
Patiently for you to carry yourself down wooden stairs
Rightleftright – my ear against olive-colored carpet
To make sure that coast was clear
Hands resting on hinge of drawer and pulling
I reached inside, ransacked and shifted through its contents
And uncovered your thoughts in journal form (success)
I remembered then how embarrassment
Burnt my cheeks red
Everything you said when you found the
Monster I had hidden in the sheets beneath my bed
And I recalled your tears
The shape your body took, fetally curled
With your knees against your chest
You wept endlessly.
Fearing flood or revenge
I tossed and turned that night, grasping the fact
That I had failed you and again –
When I opened that leather cover and divulged
Your evenly spaced print to my eyes and that entry
I had watched you record on blue printed lines
Night prior, before dark, before saying
“Sharpen this, please!” in an angry tone
From across the hall and again –
With a clean-cut graphite tip you wrote
“October twenty-second …”
In the uppermost corner and proceeded with
“My Journal, I have never felt so alone …”

Roxanne said...
I love the content of this poem--what its about. and maybe even if it doesn't flow its sorta a good thing--i mean, it just makes all the ends of the words and lines jut outwards almost cuttingly at you or something...

Sunny said...
It was good, but could do with a little more rhthym because sometimes it didn't flow very smoothly. I like how you have written a story in poetry form, but I think that you could be capable of just a little, little bit better. keep trying! :D

Kagome said...
This was so beautifully put into words it made pictures in my head as I read the words and the way you expressed the emotion behind them was beautiful. It was strong and sensitive

Miss_Bliss said...
This was absolutely beautiful... You are utterly amazing. Five stars without a doubt... You don't have to, but if you have any spare time I would be honored if you checked out my page... Your work is truly amazing.

ChowD This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
woah! very touching. it clarified a lot of things for me, it made me realize that there are other perspectives, even to your own story.

~*el-oh-vee-ee*~ said...
the first time i read this was on bered .com . and i loved it so much. it took me a LONG time to find it. and now that i have i can click favorites and read it whenever i want! i give you props. this is really good

Cady_This teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
I was really amazed when i looked at this piece because it really touchedme about the emotions you used. I am a writter myslef and i am wriiting a book and I loved how you used from emotions till the end. In other words it was GREAT!!! Five stars

LittleBritt said...
absolutely amazing. grabbed me right away and i can relate completely. this is AMAZING.

LeilaniLivesThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
Nov. 7, 2009 at 1:52 am:
I read it twice to completely grasp what was going on. This is wonderful. Absolutely stunning. One of my favorites. Check out my work? You're on my top rated.

Lixxy_93 said...
Nov. 5, 2009 at 12:32 am:
amazing. the first time i read it i didnt get it but then after reading it thru a few times i understood. and found myself reading it over and over. its outstanding. wonderful job.

dancing_shadows said...
This is so outstanding. I love it. You're very talented at writing, I feel so intimidated =P
Wonderful.

jenelleb said...
Nov. 3, 2009 at 11:02 am:
i didn't get it at all...

blindangel12321 replied...
Nov. 3, 2009 at 9:08 pm :
its kind-of explaining how somebody can seem so differant then how they really are. Like, in this poem, the author sees the owner of the journal as angry and mean, when in reality, as she finds out when she reads the journal, that she's actually really sad and alone. It's a real good grasp of how in reality, people are differant then they may seem.

ariwrites94 said...
Nov. 3, 2009 at 8:35 am:
wonderful article! I think people are pure genious to write a poem like that with no rhyme, but much rythm. plz comment and rate my poem called "Sensitive Am I" thankx

Moe L. said...
Jun. 3, 2009 at 10:05 pm:
really good poem...at first I was confused which kept me interested. as I read on it became clear and I thought this was wonderful!

zephrol said...
May 29, 2009 at 4:46 pm:
hey nice work this was truly and brilliantly written. it really cought my eye i love this, make some more poems like this plz!!

alayapoetgirl said...
May 18, 2009 at 6:48 pm:
Very well written.

MariaMarie This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
May 14, 2009 at 1:15 am:
This didn't make much sense at first but the second time through and i understood completely. It's a nice way to start it out.Making the reader curious and capturing then into the story.

Pa S. said...
May 1, 2009 at 5:50 pm:
deep. lengthly. pure genius. keep 'em comin'. bye. write again soon, ok.

StrawberryPocky said...
this was really interesting. can't relate to it but at the same time yes i can. do you get what i mean? :P well great job.