I Take Back My Tears This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine.

I take back my tears
the wasted years
I spent crying
for what never could happen

I take back my heart
my shattered heart
Up off the ground
and back in my arms

I take back my hope
wasted on you
and toss it aside
for it has no meaning now

Nothing you say
no words
no songs
can heal the bleeding wound
That you opened again and again

I walk a free woman
held by nothing of yours
and fly away free
as free as the wind

hollyhottell said...
Feb. 17, 2010 at 11:03 am
this has deep meaning. it was really good. i can really really relate.. u should check out my stuff

jeanwolf said...
this was really good and it really got to me.
take a look at some of my stuff please.

PaRaNoRmAl627 This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
Feb. 14, 2010 at 11:05 am
it was simple, yet really meaningful. The basic idea was the same as any other, but somehow you managed to make it into something even more relateable. Thats just my opinion.

jessica said...
i know im just a teen and may not know nothing about love..but i do i least thats what i think. i had a long relationship with this guy and then he hurt me badly. i cried and was so deperate w/o him but i didnt want to humilate myself in front of him so i manage myself to get over him and guess what, i did

live&create16 said...
this is amazing!

sasssgirrrl22 said...
luvvvvv it

MorningStar15 This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
wowzers lol i loved it ! :D

kheart said...
Great! Beautiful! This poem reflects things in my life, Please check out my poems and rate and comment! Thanks and good job!

Frankincat said...
This is really cool :) good job! http ://www.teenink .com /poetry/all/article/165268/Buildings/ could u read mine and tell me what you all think?

Acullen13 said...
i didn't like it....i don't know why, it just didn't speak to me.

toxic.monkey said...
i simply love this

nottooperfect said...
Jan. 23, 2010 at 2:29 am
You made me speechless. I have no words to describe the way it touched my heart!

Lollipop said...
Wow, this is amazing and yet so very true. Keep up the good work!!!

Only,I This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
Amazing.
I so desperately wish I could do this..

rain-rain111 This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
rele very good i love it!!!!!!!! keep writing!

mmfdg623 said...
This is AMAZING!

taylorl1 said...
this is good

Emely J. This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
This is not only awesome, but also breathtaking. Great job! Move over, Maya Angelou, there's a great poet coming out!

irenerose This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
Jan. 1, 2010 at 10:00 am
this really is a beautiful poem. (Double thumbs up. :)) keep up the good work!

maddicakes said...
this poem relates to what I am going through so well. the pain disappointment it greatly portrayed in this poem. Good job!