Daddy's Womb This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine.

i asked my father if i could swim,
and he said that i would drown.
The Sea would imprison me – he said
if my feet had left the ground.

So i walked out to the water,
and cried out – how ’bout now!
He said, a little bit further, Son,
and then you’ll leave the ground.

i stepped on sand then stone,
from hollow ground to sturdy.
The sky was at my level as I
gazed at the birdie.

The Sea brought me a new idea,
the urge to flee to the high.

i asked my Father if i could fly,
and he said, sure, Son – go try.

i jumped as high as i could.
Still, i landed on the ground.
i saw my Father pull on a chain,
then i knew that i was bound.

loveyoubby2018 said...
Feb. 13 at 6:42 pm:
Wonderful poem! Just loved it!  

Ashlee_RenoldsThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
Feb. 10 at 6:04 pm:
Wow this is wonderful..I know u must get this a lot, but I can't help it what inspiered u to write this poem? I really luv it...R u writing any more poems?

AltheaRaine said...
Feb. 6 at 4:14 pm:
That's deep. What inspired you?

EpilepticUnicorn said...
Feb. 6 at 12:58 pm:
Beautiful poem. loved it

iz_tehan This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
Feb. 5 at 10:52 pm:
Should take a few days to a week

Daedalus said...
Feb. 5 at 11:11 am:
What a fantastic poem!  It really relays the idea of the father being too constricting.  However, I think that the rhyme is a bit forces in the two-line stanza when you mention the "birdie."  I am currently waiting to get my work approved.  Does anyone know how long this will take?

francheskas replied...
Feb. 9 at 7:24 pm :
about a week

itskatomall said...
Feb. 2 at 7:44 pm:
This poem is beautifully written and I loved it. I read it twice to truly understand the meaning. It sent chills down my spine. Well done! Check our some of my work! :)

Bluetooth13 said...
Feb. 1 at 5:16 pm:
Really good! Would someone critique my work? I need feedback

LifeLeaderThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
Jan. 30 at 6:14 pm:
Wow! This poem is written beautifully!

poet_girl101 said...
Jan. 24 at 3:12 pm:
It can have many meanings to it but in this case I think it means that though it may seem as if you will drown your dad will always have your back its deep in the meaning @Miley Cyrus

alyssa-smith said...
Jan. 20 at 2:21 am:
meant* could*

Leetha said...
Jan. 14 at 3:16 pm:
This left chills down my spine, I love it!

blakroseThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
Jan. 10 at 1:57 pm:
It's truly an amazing piece. :)

Jan. 10 at 1:56 pm:
Love it! It's a beautiful piece. :)

SouthernBell99This teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
Jan. 4 at 9:03 pm:
This is an amazing poem.

megcmusicThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
This is truly amazing. I don't quite understand the title but it's really deep. Can you check out some of my work if you get the chance?

dain01 said...
Love the poem but all the uncapitalized i's are making me go insane

Joboe13This teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
This poem is amazing!!! It's really deep, and it really makes you think. You are an amazing poet, keep up the good work!

Miley Cyrus said...
I liked it it was pretty cool I don't understand the the name it doesn't make sense to me. It woud be cool if you culd clarify what you ment