Jerk | Teen Ink

Jerk MAG

By Christina BRONZE, Clifton, Virginia
Christina BRONZE, Clifton, Virginia

I love your voice,
your soft brown hair.
I love your eyes
and love your stare.

I love your laugh,
your cocky smirk,
your stupid jokes.
You precious jerk,

you know I do.
I want my hands
all through your hair
each treasured strand.

I’m wrapped around
your finger still.
Am I yet yours?
Your love does kill

the things I hold
so close to me
and yet you’re the
best jerk I see.

DAIMON said...
on Dec. 11 2009 at 6:01 pm
"RAZED EXPECTATIONS" Read on...

Her lovely green eyes shifted into hard emeralds.

“What do you know about me, Dare? And what’s so wrong with having dreams? And why are you talking to me like that? I was simply commenting on the sunset.” She tossed her red curls, clearly miffed.

I lifted my chin, and blew smoke in her face. It was easier on me when she was angry. I don’t know why she bothered with me. Why she was brave enough to confront me. Why she didn’t follow the laws of the superficial high school we both attended. Why she didn’t stay away from me, like everyone else.

“You’ll die from that smoking, Darian.” She glared at me. We’d had this argument a lot. I lifted my eyebrows, and turned away from her, signaling that the conversation was over.

She didn’t obey, and I sighed.

“You know, Dare, you could let yourself feel. You could understand it.” Her voice was soft, a whisper in the darkening air. She was air. My air.

I reviled the potency of the emotions I could feel pulsing through me. I ran a hand through my black hair nervously, my body skidding with strange, unfamiliar energy. I didn’t want to answer her. Why didn’t she leave?

I made a fatal mistake when I looked at her. Every nerve inside of me screamed, as though my body and internal organs were recharging hurriedly in the rare moment of my awakening.

I think I felt my heart beat hesitantly.

My voice seemed like that of a stranger. It had a rich, deep tone to it. It had color.

“Understand what?”

Something in my expression changed the way she was looking at me. It may have mirrored the arrangement of my own features. She became vulnerable in that instant.

“Kiss me.” She whispered brokenly.

Surprise jolted keenly through me. God, I wished I was numb again. Everything felt electric-too intense and too vivid. Emotions scattered across my being, a mutinous invasion of the raging war against myself. I was defenseless and an easy prey to her request. I breathed jaggedly, and there was a husky vibe to it. Want. I recognized it more clearly as it bloomed vibrantly through me.

And she was waiting. For me.

I destroyed the walls I had so warily built as I leaned towards her. She lifted a creamy hand and laid it tenderly against my cheek, the expectation making her bold. I moaned, and closed my eyes. My own hands loosened, and reached for her face greedily

Something hot-burning-ignited against my skin. I wrenched myself away, dazed by the unpleasant sensation. Had a spark traveled through our bodies? That’s when I noticed the cigarette kindling like a faint ember beside my marred hand. It had burnt me. The throbbing pain brought a wave of consciousness through me. Reality. And I stared at her face, inches from mine, and something clicked inside of me. Gears that began humming smoothly, like a tuned clock. I pulled back, and tossed her hand away like it stung. I grimaced as the vitals within me slowly resumed their state of nothingness, and shook my head to clear it of its nonsensical ideas.

She watched the change take possession of me, and tears began to collect in her eyes.

I found that I could care less.

I grinned at her, and mocked, “I taste of cigarettes, Clara.”

She got up shockingly to her feet, and backed away as if understanding for the first time what I was. Tears stained her nondescript face.

I smiled, that careful replication of a smile, and said acidly, “Did I humor your silly fantasies well?”

Her face crumpled entirely, and she pivoted away and ran sobbing from my scathing ridicule.

The sun died, and all was dark.

LeahRae<3 GOLD said...
on Dec. 10 2009 at 12:10 pm
LeahRae<3 GOLD, Maiden, North Carolina

"Them that dont like me can leave me alone." -- Jacky Faber (From Bloody Jack)

Describes the guy I know.....goshhh

AmnyR BRONZE said...
on Dec. 9 2009 at 9:00 pm
AmnyR BRONZE, Clifton, Texas

To the world, you may be just one person, but to one person, you may be the whole world. ~unknown

ha ha ha i read this a long time ago and love it just as much everytime i read it again!

Laura_A. GOLD said...
on Dec. 9 2009 at 2:10 am
Laura_A. GOLD, Etowah, Tennessee
So adorable, amazing poem. I love the flow and meaning. This is equivalent to a recent feeling of mine :). Thank you!

k@ndy said...
on Dec. 8 2009 at 11:13 pm
hey i love this poem happened bettween me and my man luis you go girl

LIKEwhoaa GOLD said...
on Dec. 8 2009 at 8:22 pm
LIKEwhoaa GOLD, Carrollton, Texas

The important thing is this: To be able at any moment to sacrifice what we are for what we could become.
-Charles DuBois

<3 love love love this.

GREAT job :)

on Dec. 8 2009 at 9:27 am
AwesomeHeather SILVER, Indianapolis, Indiana
I love this!

on Dec. 7 2009 at 9:26 pm
sasssgirrrl22 PLATINUM, Pearl River, New York

"Giving up is not a part of my vocabulary."
"Don't let the fear of striking out keep you from playing the game."
"Truth be told I miss ya, truth be told I'm lying."

this is an awesome poem. gr8 job. I can completely relate

on Dec. 6 2009 at 4:41 pm
abooga.looga SILVER, Covina, California
this really fits in my life.

greatly written(:

Yoodle15 said...
on Dec. 6 2009 at 7:51 am
Awesome! =) This described right on the spot people who we logically know we shouldn't love, knowing that they are jerks and will lend us in no good, but can't help being attracted to!

on Dec. 6 2009 at 12:23 am
Mrs.J.Bieber GOLD, Paulding, Ohio

Every 60 seconds you spend angry or upset is a minute of happiness you'll never get back. So take too many photos, laugh too much, and love like you've never been hurt.

this. was. amazing. i thought of sum1 when i read it too. :)

on Dec. 5 2009 at 11:19 pm
RougeOlympian PLATINUM, Northbrook, Illinois

As we must account for every idle word, so must we account for every idle silence.
-Benjamin Franklin

Wowwww. This is a really accurate synopsis of my life.

AmandaH SILVER said...
on Dec. 5 2009 at 10:02 pm
AmandaH SILVER, Woodbridge, Virginia

Never let the fear of striking out keep you from playing the game.
Life is not counted by the breaths you take but the moments that take your breath away.
A little madness, a little kindness, makes for happiness.

Wow. That was totally amazing. It reminds me of the guy I'm in love with. You're very realistic.

on Dec. 4 2009 at 2:42 pm
ilovekona96 BRONZE, Buffalo, New York

Writing isn't about sharing, it's about expressing.
-anonymous

I love how realistic the piece is. You can really develope a picture in your head of a person you know that fits the description. Thanks for writing such a wonderful poem.

kapana BRONZE said...
on Dec. 2 2009 at 12:37 pm
kapana BRONZE, Waianae, Hawaii
haha i totally get it...i agree with hurricane, you just described what im dealing with

on Dec. 1 2009 at 10:13 am
Hurricane SILVER, Richmond, Virginia

'We should hit up a bed if they call you Hurricane, baby.'

i agree with smileitscaroline.

you just completely described my situation. hahaha, thanks,=.

on Nov. 30 2009 at 10:35 pm
so true..

i think you've just completely described what's going on in my life right now. i love it

SamiD1 SILVER said...
on Nov. 30 2009 at 8:54 pm
SamiD1 SILVER, Nanuet, New York
i honestly realy like this poem...like a lot

moon&sun said...
on Nov. 30 2009 at 7:39 pm
moon&sun, Hubbardston, Massachusetts

"You wont know unless you try." "Never give up." "Learn from your mistakes."

thats awsome!

on Nov. 30 2009 at 6:28 pm
This is such an amazing poem. If I had tried to describe that...well I just couldn't. But it's so relatable and simple. It's awesome. I love it.