Jerk | Teen Ink

Jerk MAG

By Christina BRONZE, Clifton, Virginia
Christina BRONZE, Clifton, Virginia

I love your voice,
your soft brown hair.
I love your eyes
and love your stare.

I love your laugh,
your cocky smirk,
your stupid jokes.
You precious jerk,

you know I do.
I want my hands
all through your hair
each treasured strand.

I’m wrapped around
your finger still.
Am I yet yours?
Your love does kill

the things I hold
so close to me
and yet you’re the
best jerk I see.

Shirley_R_K SILVER, Liberty, South Carolina

But sanctify Christ as Lord in your hearts, always being ready to make a defense to everyone who asks you to give an account for the hope that is in you, yet with gentleness and reverence.
-1 Peter 3:15

It seems so. . . . devious, and almost satirical, I don't know it speaks to me and makes me feel emotions that I can't describe. . . I love the line, you precious jerk its like the sarcastic way you make fun of this jerk of yours is so. . .. piercing? I don't know, I like it, though!

LewisRhys said...
LewisRhys, Bedworth, Other
0 articles 1 photo 1 comment
"I love your voice,

your soft brown hair.

I love your eyes

and love your stare."

That verse just spoke to me!

nothingbutme BRONZE, Port Jefferson Station, New York
this is an amazing poem really good and its so relating to me rite now

literaryaddict PLATINUM, Albuquerque, New Mexico

"We're almost there and no where near it. All that matters is that we're going." Lorelai Gilmore, Gilmore Girls
"The whole theory of modern education is radically unsound." Lady Bracknell, The Importance of Being Earnest, Oscar Wilde

i love this poem! i've read it so many times. i love that almost ever1 can relate to it. including me

Lonleydandy said...
haha, I still love this one..>I read it sometime before it was even in the magazine, and it is marked as one of my favorites..haha, I still love it....:D

mcw_816 SILVER said...
on Dec. 26 2009 at 11:49 am
mcw_816 SILVER, Short Hills, New Jersey
The rhyme at the end is kind of weak, but the rest is great

on Dec. 26 2009 at 6:53 am
-alice- PLATINUM, Colorado Springs, Colorado

I care very little if I am judged by you or any other human court; indeed I do not even judge myself. My conscience is clear, but that does not make me innocent. It is the Lord who judges me. -1 Corinthians 4:3-4

I love it. This is so good!

on Dec. 23 2009 at 1:21 am
Lixxy_93 DIAMOND, Westminster, California

"If you have them, flaunt them" -Circle of Friends

"may the saddest day of the future be no worse then the happiest day of your past" -irish blessing

If male homosexuals are called "gay," then female homosexuals should be called "ecstatic."

this is amazing, sounds like almost every guy i know. wonderful job!

Isabella15 BRONZE, Uniontown, Ohio

Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure. We ask ourselves, Who am I to be brilliant, gorgeous, talented, fabulous? Actually, who are you not to be? We were born to make manifest the glory of God that is within us. And as we let our own light shine, we unconsciously give other people permission to do the same.

I really can relate to this poem. It seems that all of the guys I end up falling for are just like this...

MarinaOreo GOLD, King Of Prussia, Pennsylvania

"Your soul is the whole world" -Siddhartha by Hermann Hesse

that was AMAZING...so delicately put the way you enticed how he hated the way he felt about her and how he felt like perfection was so evil to him. it broke my heart when i read that. why can't a guy just see what's right in front of him...thank you for writing that. it really was beautiful.

sorry wrong comment . but good poem!

marina9 said...
that was AMAZING...so delicately put the way you enticed how he hated the way he felt about her and how he felt like perfection was so evil to him.

ashnk4 said...
aw, this sounds just like my jerk. (:

on Dec. 22 2009 at 7:46 am
xobrittyy PLATINUM, New City, New York

“Find a guy who calls you beautiful instead of hot, who calls you back when you hang up on him, who will lie under the stars and listen to your heartbeat, or will stay awake just to watch you sleep... wait for the boy who kisses your forehead, who wants to show you off to the world when you are in sweats, who holds your hand in front of his friends, who thinks you're just as pretty without makeup on. One who is constantly reminding you of how much he cares and how lucky his is to have you.... The one who turns to his friends and says, 'that's her.'”

this was so good, i know PLENTY of guys who are totally like this in my school :) great job!

lea'<3 said...
WHEN I READ THT I THOUGH OF MYSELF. I HAVE A JERK TOO

ImYourPincess SILVER, Oklahoma City, Oklahoma
wow.. memories just poured in.

alvina PLATINUM, Punta Gorda, Florida
i like this poem it reminds me of a guy i liked

lil wezzy said...
I like how the poem describe you feeling.

lil wezzy said...
I like how the poem describe you feeling. Great words.

DAIMON said...
Inspiring, love can be air...What do you believe? I give you...

"RAZED EXPECTATIONS"

Wisps of smoke danced into the wintry air from my lips, creating ornate designs that could never be replicated. I carefully tilted the corners of my lips into a smile that I meant to be wry. Of course, it's difficult to articulate emotions that I can't feel, but I find that irony is relatively simple to demonstrate. I inhaled the toxic vapors of the cigarette casually. Its sinister, black cancer couldn't cripple a seventeen-year-old boy with no lungs, let alone a heart.

I glanced in the direction of the horizon, and flinched. The sun was dying flamboyantly, casting its radiant colors across the sky. Its last waves of light caressed my cold, pale skin. I wanted to snarl rebelliously as I felt its warmth slide against me deviously.

“Beautiful, isn’t it?”

My muscles went rigid, and I had to focus madly on controlling my shaking hands. I would know that voice, that beautiful, disastrous voice, in the realms beyond that of Earth. I grated my teeth, reeling in the disturbing sensations that she unknowingly always aroused in me.

I cocked my body towards her arrogantly, and lifted my mouth into a crooked crescent moon. I felt my eyes flashing, but I worked vehemently to fixate an arctic, hard tone into the dark of my indigo irises.

“I find the sunset lifeless and meaningless, actually,” I countered flatly, and a beat too late.

She laughed merrily, and I struggled within myself as my mind and body became entranced by the beautiful movement of her laughter as the colors of the sun played about her.

“You amuse me, Darian. How can you have such a pessimistic view of the world? The sun will not be lifeless until it disappears beneath the horizon, and the night falls. It’ll rise tomorrow, though,” she said.

I dared not think of her name. I hated the way my soul-if I had a soul-thrilled when her voice lingered over my name. It reminded me of music. I had to close my mind defiantly as I thought of music. I wanted nothing that resembled passion.

“That’s an inane notion that foolish women entertain. You want poetry, and ridiculous vows of forever. You aren’t difficult to read. If you want that sunset to mean something, then you want unrequited love. It doesn’t work like that,” I growled unmercifully, angry at her for unleashing the flood of feelings upon me.