Remembering

The Sun smiles and tells a story
that no one has heard before,
but it doesn't have to be hidden,
or forgotten anymore.

The sea, wind and sky
were together as a whole.
The mountains, plains and deserts
were all part of the same soul.

The fire, rain and snow
came with all their power.
The lightning and the thunder
became frozen before the hour.

The trees, bushes and grasses
All held their mighty stance.
The birds, flies and fishes
were all given the chance.

But the Earth was meant to change,
so the Sun had to too.
And she forgot all she'd seen
And all she had been through.

But when the wind blows just right,
and when the waves calm in the sea,
The Sun remembers the beauty
and she shares her memory.

WritingLoverForever said...
Jan. 6, 2013 at 9:18 am
Wow, this was amazing! Incredibly moving and beautifully crafted. I was so captivated by your word choice and phrasing. Excellent job, and would you mind checking out some of my work? I'd love an opinion from a writer as good as you. :)

ForeverknownasCheyenne said...
You are an amazing writer, and that is an understatment. I hope you do not consider me a weird stalker strainger, you just completly captured me in by your writing. I would love to hear more about what you think of my writing, you are an Artist.

Guitarkid said...
Amazing! Something else like this would be great! I love it.

Jesicamethyst said...
I really like this one , I heard it out loud and for some reason it sounded even better! Your words, the way you choose certain words and they flow sooo well together it's amazing I think it's a gift in a way. Amazing job. <3

HoneyBeeBaby This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
this is really good! keep writing

Boosflash This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
youre so poetic and creative and geniusitive and brilliantive that its making me nauseous-really but not really. 5 stars captain. 5 stars.

HeronHero said...
Now I've read all your stuff and can't wait to read more!Thanks for commenting on my work, I'd love to hear what you think of my other stuff!!! You're a really great writer, don't ever stop!:)

Ashlie94 said...
Apr. 21, 2010 at 10:19 am

AMAZING! I really like the way you put it together. This poem makes a lot of sense at the end but in the beginning your wondering just what exactly its about. I LOVED IT!! write more soon.

Ashlie.

Lucy4himnotu said...
Mar. 30, 2010 at 9:48 am
You have a tremendous rhythm in this poem, it is as an earlier comenter said, like the waves. What a beautiful concept :) I love it!

lucy.wolf said...
Mar. 30, 2010 at 3:05 am
This poem is so magic! it flows like ocean waves :) love it so much!

Katiebrox3 said...

I love love love this.

<3 (:

LittleGringaGirl This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
Mar. 13, 2010 at 7:38 am
this is a beautiful poem! the imagery is amazing and i think you have great talent :) it all blends together seamlessly, it truly is fantastic! i also want to thank you for commenting on my poem! :) im new and its so nice to have some feedback haha.

WaterQueen07 said...
Wow, I love this poem! It paints a beautiful picture and leaves me at the end with something to think about.

MariaMarie This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
WOW OH MY GOSH, this is amazing! I honestly and truly love it. The imagery, the way the words flow together.. the meaning behind it. Wow

greg9381 said...
wow, this is great. I like the nature theme and the personification of the sun. good job!

***Rain*** said...
Amazing word choice. I absolutly love it!

cookiemonsterr[; said...
wow! that was soo intense!(: I loved the imagery and all the passion that poured from your word choice. Your vocabulary and they rhyming kept the pace at a beautiful rate and it helped the piece flow amazingly!(: great job!

cookiemonsterr[; replied...
sorry, meant to write *the*.
I really love your work(:
anyone feel free to check out some of mine[;

LiveItUp said...
great imagery.
you're a mature writer. i like it. :)

TimLeon. said...
Feb. 24, 2010 at 8:50 am
A very vivid depiction of the passage of time. I especially liked the the syntactic parallel phrases "the sea, wind and sky", "The fire, rain and snow"
The rhyme "power" with "hour" is phenomenal. Due to the nature of the slant rhyme, it sped up the pace, increased the suspense.
!