An Open Letter to Those who Oppose Gay Marriage on Christian Grounds

I ask you, what should we do about these heathens, who indoctrinate our children and ask for equal rights? Of course, Leviticus 20:13 clearly states that they must be put to death. What method do you recommend? Stoning?

(I would also like to know what to do with my father. His favorite food is oysters, but that is also clearly banned, in Leviticus 11:10. Should I report him to the authorities or would a public shaming do?)

Phantom_Girl This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
Nice piece. Short, sweet, and to the point.

M.W.M. said...
Jul. 12, 2010 at 9:45 am

that would be good if we were living in ancient Israel under the Leviticus-Deauteronomy" contract.

books like Deaut. were written in the stlye of a contract between a king and his vassal. except in this case, it's between God and the Israelites. God said He would protect the Israelites, help them gorw, and give them what they need, but in return they would have to follow and enforce certain laws. If ya didn't wanna live undert he laws, and ya didn't like the contract, then you didn't s... (more »)

fictionlover10 This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...

I understand what you're saying, but let me get a few things straight.

One- God made everyone equal and perfect in his own eyes. Are you really going to call some of God's beloved "heathens"? You are no better or worse than them, which would make you a heathen as well and cruel in God's eyes for judging a fellow human.

Two- If God really does have a problem with same gender marriage and the likes, is it really our job to make sure he disciplines the people who offend him? I'm ab... (more »)

Tectonic replied...
Jul. 23, 2010 at 3:16 am
Wondering if you got the point. :I

Dani_Girl replied...
Yeah... i don't think she did! Ummm... it was sarcastic! :P No worries i can totally see myslef doing the exact same thing!!

Phantom_Girl This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. replied...
Nov. 11, 2010 at 9:39 am
Woosh! Here that? That was the entire point of this article going over your head. :) It's all good though. At least you weren't saying that a public shaming would work just fine. :)