An Open Letter to Those who Oppose Gay Marriage on Christian Grounds | Teen Ink

An Open Letter to Those who Oppose Gay Marriage on Christian Grounds

By Tectonic BRONZE, Virginia Beach, Virginia
Tectonic BRONZE, Virginia Beach, Virginia

If I should ever die, God forbid, I hope you will say, “[Lisa] is up in heaven now.” That's my favorite joke.

I ask you, what should we do about these heathens, who indoctrinate our children and ask for equal rights? Of course, Leviticus 20:13 clearly states that they must be put to death. What method do you recommend? Stoning?

(I would also like to know what to do with my father. His favorite food is oysters, but that is also clearly banned, in Leviticus 11:10. Should I report him to the authorities or would a public shaming do?)

on Nov. 11 2010 at 9:39 am
Phantom_Girl GOLD, Ft. Carson, Colorado

"If it comes out of the lion's mouth...it will be on the test."
-Mr. Bala

Woosh! Here that? That was the entire point of this article going over your head. :) It's all good though. At least you weren't saying that a public shaming would work just fine. :)

on Oct. 4 2010 at 1:49 pm
Phantom_Girl GOLD, Ft. Carson, Colorado

-Mr. Bala

Nice piece. Short, sweet, and to the point.

on Aug. 17 2010 at 8:51 pm
Dani_Girl BRONZE, LaSalle, Other

Stand up for what you believe in, even if it means standing alone.

Yeah... i don't think she did! Ummm... it was sarcastic! :P No worries i can totally see myslef doing the exact same thing!!

on Jul. 23 2010 at 3:16 am

Wondering if you got the point. :I

M.W.M. BRONZE said...
on Jul. 12 2010 at 9:45 am
M.W.M. BRONZE, Undisclosed, New Jersey

"Test everything. Hold on to the good." -Paul of Tarsus (1 Thessalonians 5:21)

that would be good if we were living in ancient Israel under the Leviticus-Deauteronomy" contract.

books like Deaut. were written in the stlye of a contract between a king and his vassal. except in this case, it's between God and the Israelites. God said He would protect the Israelites, help them gorw, and give them what they need, but in return they would have to follow and enforce certain laws. If ya didn't wanna live undert he laws, and ya didn't like the contract, then you didn't sign on. If you agreed, then you signed on the dotted line.

As for us, we're no longer under that contract, it expired some time ago.

And in relation to gay marriage. I'm not so much against it as you might think. I'm sor sorry if ya get the image that I hate gays, and I just wanna stop them from marrying. The truth is, I kinda don't have much of a problem with same-sex couples having the same legal rights of a marriage as straight couples.

What I DO have a problem with, is when the legalization of gay marriage violates other people's liberties. Like, for example: the gov't forcing hotels to accomadate gays, forcing dating websites to match gays up, shutting down a church because it wouldn't marry a gay couple, or forcibly teaching homosexuality as okay in public schools. MANY of these things have happened in places where gay marriage is legal, and I don't want it. So when it's like that, I'm opposed to it. However, if we can reform it, so no one's liberties are violated, then I'll change my mind.

Thanks for listenin'

on Jul. 10 2010 at 9:51 pm
fictionlover10 SILVER, Scottsdale, Arizona

I understand what you're saying, but let me get a few things straight.

One- God made everyone equal and perfect in his own eyes. Are you really going to call some of God's beloved "heathens"? You are no better or worse than them, which would make you a heathen as well and cruel in God's eyes for judging a fellow human.

Two- If God really does have a problem with same gender marriage and the likes, is it really our job to make sure he disciplines the people who offend him? I'm absolutely positive that if what gay and lesbian people are doing is wrong then God will take do what he feels is right when the time comes.

Three- Leviticus 11:10 says that we should detest anything without fins or scales, yes, but you're talking about your own father. Can you hear what you're saying? "Should I report him to the authorities or would a public shaming do?" sounds cold hearted and foolish. What religion are you that the authorities would arrest a man for eating seafood?

Please think before you write.