I know where Hell is. | Teen Ink

I know where Hell is.

By BethA GOLD, Ballarat, Other
BethA GOLD, Ballarat, Other

God gives with one and takes with another.

I am a Catholic, though not a practicing one.
Something occurred to me today that found me in a state of bother.
Heaven in my eyes exists.
Hell exists also.
Although, Heaven is a place where I have never been or seen before. We depict it to be joyous and beautiful and a place full of no pain or suffering, just true splendor.
So, automatically you would think that I would believe as part of my religion that Hell is a deep hole in the ground where Satan lives. It is a place full of fire and darkness. And anybody who has ever sinned in their lifetime or who does not believe in the Lord or Jesus will go to Hell when they die.

YOU ARE WRONG!

In my opinion, Hell is right in front of us. We are in Hell.
Planet Earth is Hell.
If Earth wasn’t Hell why would there be illness, why would there be sadness, why would there be robbery, why would there be rape, why would there be murder?
Many more awful things and people exist in our world, and I think there are some people in this world that make our society Hell for others.

For some, they live in Hell all the time. Think about drug addicts, homeless people, people who live in constant poverty who don’t even know when their next meal will come, do you not think that that is Hell?
You may have a different opinion, but this is just how I see our world.
Each one of us has evil inside of us; it is just unfortunately human nature. It cannot be stopped or prevented in anyway.
So when I say: “I know where Hell is”; you’re looking at it, you are breathing it in, you are eating it, you are smelling it, you are touching it, you are living in it.

We are evil and welcome to Hell.

EscapeRope said...
on Jul. 29 2015 at 5:40 am
EscapeRope, Cavite, Other
This is fantastic. Thank you for writing this.

on Sep. 18 2014 at 7:54 pm
EmilytheBelleofA. DIAMOND, Athens, Georgia

To love is to be vulnerable; Triumph is born out of struggle; We notice shadows most when they stand alone in the midst of overwhelming light.

You do have talent and greatness in you; I hope you know that. But I don't agree with your article.    I don't think we're evil. I think we're just lost, afraid, and hurt. Our world is filled with all that, I admit. I agree with that, but I'm sorry if this is rude or anything, but this is just what I truly believe. I think the only things I agree in your article, is yes. There is robbery, rape, sadness, murder, illness, etc. Yes, I admit that.    I believe that our world is just afraid and hurting, like a child who is lost and who doesn't know what to do. No, we're not evil. We were far from perfect, a long time ago, but now; we are perfect since Jesus died for us.    No, I don't believe that that we are evil and that our world is hell. No, I believe if you just peel back the skin of this world, you'll find His Kingdom. 

on Sep. 18 2014 at 2:39 pm

This is really interesting. True, part of hell does seem to be here a lot, on our world. Sadness, pain, crime, lust, etc. Our world is filled with these things, yes. But I see our world is just hurting and afraid, lost like a little child who doesn't know what to do. If we just peel back the skin of this world, our world; we will find His Kingdom.    Yes, true. Some of us can be evil; we can sometimes suck and be stupid and be mosters, sometimes; ever since we fell, sin has been in our nature and has made us rather evil. But when Jesus died, he shed his precious, priceless blood on us. And when He died for us, when He tore his body and shed his blood, we became perfect. We became good.    Yes, since we fell, sin has been in our nature. I guess we could say, when we fell, part of hell was part of us, but when Jesus died for us, we we can cast our old natures and have our natures become like Jesus' nature. He is willing to give us new hearts; and right now, he's asking us to let our hearts become like His hearts, because he's giving us His heart. And even when we drop His heart and are unfaithful to Him, he is still faithful to us and he still loves us, so much.    I just wanted to share this, and I'm sorry if it's very long. You are a wonderful and talented writer and person. You have a talent and greatness in you; I hope you know that. Your article is very interesting and has a lbit of truth in it; I can't say that I agree with the whole idea, but I belive that part of it is true. Thank you for sharing this. ^_^ You really are talented. Thanks again. 

on Jan. 11 2013 at 8:47 am
OneProzacADay PLATINUM, State College, Pennsylvania

"You are the universe expressing itself as human for a little while." -Eckhart Tolle

George Carlin as Jesus did an interview, and said on limbo, "i don't know. no one's allowed in there. if anyone was in there, then it wouldn't be limbo. then it would be a place.

on Jul. 18 2012 at 8:37 am
BlueRain BRONZE, Clarkston, Michigan

"Meeting you was fate, becoming your friend was a choice, but falling in love with you was beyond my control."

I don't believe in either place. At best I'd say Earth is a mix of the two, or a "middle ground" between what we see as perfection and what we view as "evil." Life is a mixture of both perfect moments and moments where we'd like nothing better than to 'switch ourselves off' for a while.

Hell, to me, is a place man imagined which encompasses all the negatives of life on earth- fire, torture by something you can't overcome, and that it lasts a long time. Heaven is the opposite. Instead, it encompasses all the good man sees in life (family, love, joy, light) into one place. And some people sit on different parts of that spectrum while they live.

on Jun. 5 2012 at 12:00 am
Contemplator SILVER, Lake Park, Minnesota

There is a rainbow in your mouth! Open it up and show the world.
This is just like ice cream without the cream.
I'm as stiff as a dried out twig in the middle of winter.
Who lit the forest fire; the match, or the man holding the match?

I guess there is a difference between proof and accepting proof. The proof is all around you. All you have to do is accept it.

on Jan. 24 2012 at 3:46 pm
The.King SILVER, Golden, Colorado

"A story's beginning is a sudden event. The start, a happy accident; the end, the fate for which it's meant. A story that never ends is a sad fate."-Miss Edel

I'm not religious in any respect, but I think life on earth is just too good to be a place for eternal d4mnation.

on Jan. 2 2012 at 9:22 pm
A_Fate_Unknown BRONZE, Enumclaw, Washington

Those who make peacefull revolution impossible, Will make violent Revolution inevitable.

Show me proof that "god" has always been.

Genya GOLD said...
on Nov. 19 2011 at 1:11 pm
Genya GOLD, Bridgewater, New Jersey

"Never do anything that you wouldn't want to explain to the paramedics."-Unknown Author

If this is Hell, then who controls it? >:)

I don't know, Earth seems a bit too good to be Hell. You can't ignore the humanity that has occured. And it seems rather cruel to assume that everyone living here is being punished for something. What is it anyway?

Emmy88 BRONZE said...
on Oct. 28 2011 at 9:57 pm
Emmy88 BRONZE, New Rochelle, New York

"You miss 100% of the shots you don't take."-Wayne Gretzky

Dolphin13, whose comment are you agreeing with

on Oct. 28 2011 at 4:26 pm
dolphin13 BRONZE, North St. Paul, Minnesota

so true

on Oct. 28 2011 at 4:23 pm
Earth isn't hell. The reason that there is robbery, rape, murder, etc. is because of sin. Hell will be much worse. Hell is the place of weaping and gnashing and teeth. There will not be a single trace of good in hell. Here on earth there still is some good. Earth is not hell.

D. said...
on Aug. 23 2011 at 8:05 pm
No, He's a being that has been here since....forever before and forever after and forever present. Facts are statements confirmed by man. God can't be contained by man's standards, words, or thoughts.

Emmy88 BRONZE said...
on Aug. 1 2011 at 8:14 pm
Emmy88 BRONZE, New Rochelle, New York

Is god a fact?

Emmy88 BRONZE said...
on Aug. 1 2011 at 8:13 pm
Emmy88 BRONZE, New Rochelle, New York

Is god a fact?

rockyraccoon said...
on Jun. 26 2011 at 4:36 am
rockyraccoon, Fort Wayne, Indiana

today tommorow next month next year all look remarkably gray.

if this is hell why am i happy. Also if earth is anything its limbo a balbn between the plesant and unplesant. you got your dahmers and you got your doctors.

on Dec. 24 2010 at 7:10 pm
Claire Gallo BRONZE, Safety Harbor, Florida
Wow! This is extremely thought provoking!

on Oct. 17 2010 at 8:41 am
spiritualrevelationrevealspainandrevolution PLATINUM, Eugene, Oregon
earth, and human beings are a paradox, we can experience the absolute worse states of suffering, but also because we have the senses to experience suffering that bad, we can also feel the highest joy..

on Oct. 17 2010 at 8:39 am
its not punishing, its just how life is, completely unfair, and it is actually possible to reach a state of absolute sufffering on this earth, but you end up being a more compassionate human being if ypu can come out of it

on Oct. 17 2010 at 8:36 am
I completely agree, thanks for putting this up