If You Are Not Christian Why Would You Go To Hell?

I think that even if you are not christian,you will make it in heaven! How do we know if what the bible says is true? We don't really have a reliable source for that. And just because you are not a follower does not? mean you are not his children.If God truly created us equally, in some way, why would there need to be a reason for going to hell or to heaven? In god's eyes we are his children,and nothing can change that.You shouldn't always trust something you read. I mean how do we know that they are hiding the truth from us with this bible?? How do we know it's not all made up?

lemonbeagle3 said...
Dec. 10, 2011 at 12:48 am

Actually, In the bible (which isn't a great source for you, a nonbeliever I attmit ) It says that we are ALL God's children. He loves us all equally and he WANTS to walk with you spiritually! You must listen to him. 

God isn't trying to be a meany! He is trying to help you. Lots of people misunderstand that. As for me, I care because I know God is calling me to help others in their walk with Christ and I cannot stand to not share the truth! If you were blindfolded on a street and ... (more »)

BlueRain replied...
Yahweh: "I just want to help you. See here? This is my son. I sent him to die for you to fulfill a payment of a law I made that you broke (which I knew you would do ahead of time). You have to accept this and believe in him, or you will be dropped into a fiery pit to be torn apart by demons that used to be my angels. And remember, it doesn't matter how good of a person you are, because the first man and the first woman failed my obedience test by eating a fruit from a tree after being tempted by... (more »)

1000ForYourThoughts said...
Your points are very open minded. I too think it's important to challenge anything you read, especially something compiled well over 1000 years ago that claims factual accuracy.

BlueRain replied...
Dec. 28, 2011 at 9:27 am
Yeah, there are too many contradictions. But then Christians will just keep going with the "God is mysterious" argument. Well, I know lot's of mysterious people. Does that mean I believe everything they say? I see no problem with a God, but I think the Bible falsely represents him.

MakeItShine replied...
Dec. 29, 2011 at 9:40 am
Contradictions like what, BlueRain?

A_Fate_Unknown replied...
Like how god makes us ill and demands us to be well.

MakeItShine replied...
Jan. 3, 2012 at 10:16 am
First of all, God doesn't cause evil. Man fell in the garden, remember? God made everything good; He wasn't responsible for man's perversity of what He made. That being said, God doesn't make us ill--He surely uses all circumstances, good and evil, in His just and sovereign way, but that's about how much interaction God and evil have. Further, where in the Bible does God demand us to be well? On the contrary, He *invites* us to be well. When Jesus came, He pointed out that it is not the healthy... (more »)

1000ForYourThoughts replied...
I see no problem with having faith, but I do have an issue with the bible.This is because, as Dawkins put it, the Bible is a "chaotically cobbled-together anthology of disjointed documents, composed, revised, translated, distorted and ‘improved’ by hundreds of anonymous authors, editors and copyists, unknown to us and mostly unknown to each other, spanning nine centuries." So of course it has contradictions and just plain weird statements.

MakeItShine replied...
Jan. 5, 2012 at 10:50 am
Ah, Dawkins. Yes, a very opinonated man who has evidently not had much time to actually study scholars of textual criticism. To be skeptical of the resultant text of the New Testament books is to allow all of classical antiquity to slip into obscu¬rity, for no documents of the ancient period are as well attested bibliographically as the New Testament." --John Warwick Montgomery. You see, there is less than 1% "error" in the Bible, and all explainable. I urge you to open the Bible, and read ... (more »)

Speaker for the Dead replied...
I'm seeing a lot of controversial posts here, including the article. This is the way I think it is: People have many different beliefs. Nobody knows the way post-death works, soulwise, which includes debating the existance of the soul. And since nobody has any evidence, nobody's religious (or non-religious) belief is any better or worse then another's, any righter or wronger, any more superior or inferior. We're all at the same place, trying to figure out the same thing. Unless... (more »)

forever_an_artist said...
Dec. 6, 2011 at 9:37 am

I'm afraid your theory is rather flawed; if God made Himself completely obvious then what is the point of "believing"? The whole point is that you must have faith. So no, you don't KNOW that there is a God, but you believe His word and take the precious blood that he shed for us. Then God can come into us and become so rich to us, and we are built into His eternal dwelling place, the church.

I can understand why people hate religion; I do to. But I love God. Todays religion is so far f... (more »)

GabrielK said...
Our God is a God of love and mercy.  He cares deeply for each and every one of us regardless of our faith.  Even though He is a God love (1John 4:8), He is also a just God that has promised eternal life to his followers (Ephesians 2:4) and punishment for those who do not accept Him.  James 2:12-13 says "Speak and act as those who will be judged by the law of freedom.  For judgement is without mercy to the one who hasn't shown mercy, but mercy triumphs over judgement."  G... (more »)

1000ForYourThoughts replied...
Sure, people who don't have faith are going to be "punished" because of what a book compiled well over 1000 years ago (and made further invalid by hundreds of translations) says. What about this makes sense?

BlueRain replied...
Dec. 28, 2011 at 9:33 am
Within Christianity there are multiple interpretations that often contradict each other. So which of your "truths" are we supposed to follow if there's so many different versions? I don't think God got confused, I think the people who thought they knew him tried to write a story, but then got into an argument over which version was better, but then they threw up their hands and said "Who cares? We can all claim that God told us these things and then people will be even be more divided! What a go... (more »)

Jazzyjaz12 said...
you basically just need to have faith. I'm a christian and sometimes I wonder where is God becasue I go through so much but I know he is only making me go through this to make me stronger. You just need to have faith and also there is no reliable source that the bible isn't true nobody can know and I'm sure no one will know. Maybe you should talk to someone about this I'm sure someone will explain it to you.

PuzzleLuver said...
I learned something interesting from my youth minister, I am catholic, about heaven vs. hell. God loves All His children and would never want them to suffer, and he shows this by creating hell. Now I know you think I am crazy hell is bad right? It is definatly bad but what is worse is knowing that you gave up perfect love, God's love, by sinning and not believing. Still with me? Now why would you give up his love since he is so forgiving and doesn't fault you for it? It's actually quite simple. ... (more »)

BlueRain replied...
Dec. 28, 2011 at 9:43 am
If God would come to me and ask me that same question, then there would be no reason for me not to believe in him. I don't think there is anyone that stupid to choose eternally burning over heaven. But wouldn't it be sad if we all went through life believing there was a heaven, that as long as we believe in God we will go there, and then we die and there isn't anything there? I mean, we'll be dead so we won't have the option to be sad about it. We can't be sure what the truth is 100% until we ge... (more »)

sarahmichelle98 said...
if god created us equally and he intended us all to have the same rights, then there is no need for religion, or heaven abd hell at all. and if so, we would just have to believe in a god, not a religion. and im not even christian or catholic...

NeverStopRelating said...
Nov. 5, 2011 at 11:57 am
If you don't believe in God, it means you don't believe in Heaven or Hell. And besides, humans see what they want to see. A Christian sees heaven when they die, a Greek saw the Underworld. Does it really matter?

BlueRain replied...
Dec. 28, 2011 at 9:45 am
Well, to believe in the God presented by the bible, you'd have to believe the bible is true, and many people don't.

TheEarlofZerces said...
Nov. 5, 2011 at 10:37 am
The rules for Scrabble don't apply to those who play Monopoly.