If You Are Not Christian Why Would You Go To Hell?

I think that even if you are not christian,you will make it in heaven! How do we know if what the bible says is true? We don't really have a reliable source for that. And just because you are not a follower does not? mean you are not his children.If God truly created us equally, in some way, why would there need to be a reason for going to hell or to heaven? In god's eyes we are his children,and nothing can change that.You shouldn't always trust something you read. I mean how do we know that they are hiding the truth from us with this bible?? How do we know it's not all made up?

PuzzleLuver said...
I learned something interesting from my youth minister, I am catholic, about heaven vs. hell. God loves All His children and would never want them to suffer, and he shows this by creating hell. Now I know you think I am crazy hell is bad right? It is definatly bad but what is worse is knowing that you gave up perfect love, God's love, by sinning and not believing. Still with me? Now why would you give up his love since he is so forgiving and doesn't fault you for it? It's actually quite simple. ... (more »)

BlueRain replied...
Dec. 28, 2011 at 9:43 am :
If God would come to me and ask me that same question, then there would be no reason for me not to believe in him. I don't think there is anyone that stupid to choose eternally burning over heaven. But wouldn't it be sad if we all went through life believing there was a heaven, that as long as we believe in God we will go there, and then we die and there isn't anything there? I mean, we'll be dead so we won't have the option to be sad about it. We can't be sure what the truth is 100% until we ge... (more »)

sarahmichelle98 said...
if god created us equally and he intended us all to have the same rights, then there is no need for religion, or heaven abd hell at all. and if so, we would just have to believe in a god, not a religion. and im not even christian or catholic...

NeverStopRelating said...
Nov. 5, 2011 at 11:57 am:
If you don't believe in God, it means you don't believe in Heaven or Hell. And besides, humans see what they want to see. A Christian sees heaven when they die, a Greek saw the Underworld. Does it really matter?

BlueRain replied...
Dec. 28, 2011 at 9:45 am :
Well, to believe in the God presented by the bible, you'd have to believe the bible is true, and many people don't.

TheEarlofZerces said...
Nov. 5, 2011 at 10:37 am:
The rules for Scrabble don't apply to those who play Monopoly.

bemark12 replied...
Nov. 9, 2011 at 12:30 am :
But the rules of Monopoly apply to Monopoly, even if one is thoroughly convinced they're playing Scrabble.

TheEarlofZerces replied...
Nov. 9, 2011 at 8:18 am :
Actually Monopoly was a metaphor for agnosticism/atheism, while it was Scrabble that was for Christianity. However you seem to have switched them around. Also, of course Scrabble-players are going to tell you that you have to play Scrabble, because they want as many people as they can get to play their game. But there are other games in the toybox, there have been since the dawn of time. To only think that Scrabble is the sole viable option is incredibly close-minded, and besides, we're forgetti... (more »)

LoudDreamerThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. replied...
Nov. 14, 2011 at 3:07 pm :
An athiest who never wondered if there was a God, who attempted to find out wether on not there was one when he did wonder, and lived life according to the natrual laws that everyone knows because they are common sense will go to heaven because it would not have been possible for someone of there cercomstances to do anything better. Someone who, out of a misguided but sinsire beleif, defies the natural laws would not be held accountalbe provided he had no way of knowing ... (more »)

TheEarlofZerces replied...
Nov. 14, 2011 at 3:14 pm :
Jolly good, jolly good.

BlueRain replied...
Dec. 28, 2011 at 9:49 am :
I agree with that philosophy.

Sara K replied...
Jan. 11, 2012 at 8:42 pm :
but we're not playing monopoly or scrabble. we're playing Life and while you can certainly try to play Life with monopoly rules, you aren't going to win (or even make it out of the gate).

The_Earl_of_Zerces replied...
Jan. 12, 2012 at 6:57 am :
Says who? Says you? Says the one who is playing by the rules of Scrabble? Are Scrabble and Monopoly really that different in the end? Sure, they both have different pieces and objectives and even rules, but in the end they're both equally capable of achieving fun and entertainment. Like with religions, they're all different, but in the end, they're all capable of achieving self-actualization, which is what every human hopes to attain, whether through organized religion, internal intuition, empir... (more »)

bemark12 said...

Well, I think you have to back up your own point, personally. You can criticize the Christian basis for Hell, but then you have to provide your own basis for a universal Heaven. How do you know that we are all God's children in his eyes? Where is your evidence for that point?

Personally, I would encourage you to explore the Bible's authenticity. I believe there is good evidence to believe that the Bible is faithful to the events it claims to record. You might disagree with me after exa... (more »)

BlueRain replied...
Feb. 25, 2012 at 1:43 pm :
And equally, if there is no God, or the bible is not the truth, it wouldn't change just because you can't acknowledge it. The possibility is equal on both sides. If the bible is true, then your opinion shouldn't change just because people don't like it. If you absolutely believe it to be true, then follow it, but there are those who absolutely believe it to be false. They both have credible reasons, considering that the bible wasn't even written in English (the language we are speaking now), it ... (more »)

kirisutowoshinjite said...

I know what the bible says is true because the word of God is living. There are many proofs to my faith. For example, the supernatural love that I feel from God. Love like that isn't just a dream. It's not of the imagination. We are God's children, but Hell is eternal separation from God. If we chose to be separated from God on earth, than so shall we be forever. My personal belief is that if you are Jewish or some other nonchristian faith that believes in God, then He doesn't love you any le... (more »)

BlueRain replied...
Dec. 28, 2011 at 9:53 am :
People who don't believe in God don't really choose to be separated. It's kind of like having a card marked "Separate" and a card marked "Not Separate", and then those cards are covered by cups and are mixed around and we have to choose which one. We don't know which one is better, but we're going in blind because we don't know which one is true or even which is where. Christians may claim that by joining them you are relieving them of blindness, but it gives you a different kind of blindness.

BlueRain replied...
Feb. 25, 2012 at 1:52 pm :
Life is about choosing which cup you want. Hopefully, maybe there is no separate. Maybe everyone's path leads there, and the ultimate goal of life is to understand that diversity, even in religion, will not be punished but encouraged. Maybe That is men's true sin, to not allow diversity. Maybe that is the path God wants us to discover, how to live with one another and celebrate our different viewpoints. Diversity can bring chaos only because men have not trully accpeted how to live with people w... (more »)

dolphin13 said...
There are other historic records about the people in the Bible. How do you know that it isn't true? Do you have any proof against it? God loves everyone of us and wants us to be with him in heaven, but we sin and there is a consequence for sin. Parents punish their children for their wrongdoing, but it doesn't mean that they don't love them. It is out of love that we are punished.

dolphin13 replied...
Oct. 28, 2011 at 4:33 pm :
oh and God sent us a savior so that way we still can be with him in heaven, all we have to do is believe. Really, what do we have to lose?

BlueRain replied...
Dec. 28, 2011 at 9:58 am :
With the Christian's theory we are relying on people who lived thousands of years ago. Whether you will admit it or not, the bible is a book, maybe to some a very special book, but a book just the same. It was written by men, human men, and so when you say you trust in God, you are really saying you trust in those men, because they could be telling the truth or they could have just made up those stories. Yes, some of it has been proved, such as the existence of Jesus, but that doesn't prove that... (more »)

Warning: Unknown: open(/var/lib/php5/sess_i18q7aarheitr0l7orl9htsbe0, O_RDWR) failed: No space left on device (28) in Unknown on line 0 Warning: Unknown: Failed to write session data (files). Please verify that the current setting of session.save_path is correct (/var/lib/php5) in Unknown on line 0