If You Are Not Christian Why Would You Go To Hell? | Teen Ink

If You Are Not Christian Why Would You Go To Hell?

November 7, 2009
By Ally_Yang PLATINUM, Smyrna, Tennessee
Ally_Yang PLATINUM, Smyrna, Tennessee
22 articles 0 photos 7 comments

I think that even if you are not christian,you will make it in heaven! How do we know if what the bible says is true? We don't really have a reliable source for that. And just because you are not a follower does not? mean you are not his children.If God truly created us equally, in some way, why would there need to be a reason for going to hell or to heaven? In god's eyes we are his children,and nothing can change that.You shouldn't always trust something you read. I mean how do we know that they are hiding the truth from us with this bible?? How do we know it's not all made up?

The author's comments:
I was answering a question on Youtube about this particular topic. It kind of raged me into writing this.

Similar Articles

JOIN THE DISCUSSION

This article has 575 comments.


on Oct. 28 2011 at 4:32 pm
dolphin13 BRONZE, North St. Paul, Minnesota
1 article 0 photos 125 comments
There are other historic records about the people in the Bible. How do you know that it isn't true? Do you have any proof against it? God loves everyone of us and wants us to be with him in heaven, but we sin and there is a consequence for sin. Parents punish their children for their wrongdoing, but it doesn't mean that they don't love them. It is out of love that we are punished.

big zach 33 said...
on Oct. 26 2011 at 10:55 am
i think if ur not a cristian and if u do ask for forgivenness you will go to heaven but u have to forgive ur sins

Daphne said...
on Oct. 23 2011 at 5:18 pm

Unfortunately, humans are sinful by nature. No matter how hard we try, we still do bad things. There is no amount of good that we can do to make up for our sinful nature. The only way to get to heaven is to believe in Jesus Christ, who sacificed himself to redeem us from our sins.


on Oct. 16 2011 at 12:41 pm
StarryRoss GOLD, Albuquerque, New Mexico
19 articles 0 photos 30 comments

Favorite Quote:
"Writing is the socially acceptable form of schizophrenia." -E.L. Doctorow

I'm a Catholic and i go to Catholic School and i will definitely be the first to stand up and say anyone who threatens you with going to hell, (whether it be for your actions, or the fact that you're not Christian) is delusional. Any priest that says that is downright delusional, and it brings a bad name to Catholics and Christians because that isn't what our religion teaches at all but there are those few rotten apples that ruin it for everybody. Shame on those who made people think guilting is what Christianity is about. I'm sorry for that and hope they find the right people to tell them otherwise. Christianity is like any other religion- it promotes good moral values and faith in hopes that we lead a good life and go to a better place when we pass on. Not all that other crap people make up. Muslims, Buddhists, atheists can make it to heaven, some have much better chances than Christians at times.  Let's get rid of these false notions

on Oct. 9 2011 at 4:36 pm
Montserrat.Alvarenga BRONZE, Glendale, Arizona
1 article 0 photos 4 comments

Favorite Quote:
"Dream no small dreams for they have no power to change the hearts of men."
~ Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

Are you kidding me! I love going to church and, at least for me, it is fun. I would suggest that  you try and look around for a church that you like. I know I haven't loved every single church I have been to.  Also in the Bible is says " You will seek me and find me when you seek me with all your heart." ~Jeremiah 29:13 If you go to church one time and just expect a miracle to happen then you are just wasting your time because it takes miracle size faith for miracles to happen. I hope this helps. And I in no way ment for this to offend you or make you angry with Christians this is just what I believe.

on Oct. 9 2011 at 4:12 pm
Montserrat.Alvarenga BRONZE, Glendale, Arizona
1 article 0 photos 4 comments

Favorite Quote:
"Dream no small dreams for they have no power to change the hearts of men."
~ Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

Are you kidding me! I love going to church and, at least for me, it is fun. I would suggest that  you try and look around for a church that you like. I know I haven't loved every single church I have been to.  Also in the Bible is says " You will seek me and find me when you seek me with all your heart." ~Jeremiah 29:13 If you go to church one time and just expect a miracle to happen then you are just wasting your time because it takes miracle size faith for miracles to happen. I hope this helps. And I in no way ment for this to offend you or make you angry with Christians this is just what I believe.

on Oct. 5 2011 at 8:07 pm
MakeItShine SILVER, Pembroke Pines, Florida
9 articles 0 photos 30 comments

Favorite Quote:
“I believe in Christianity as I believe that the sun has risen: not only because I see it, but because by it I see everything else.”
~C.S. Lewis.

On the contrary, you've misunderstood my "logic," if that's what you'd like to call it (it's more my philosophy than anything). "I don't want to think there's nothing after death" is definitely NOT why I believe in an afterlife, in eternal life or eternal damnation. Between beyond the grave experiences, the issue being a widely contemplated one, and my own conscience, I believe in an afterlife.

Let me ask you: do you believe in God? If so, WHY? There is evidence. There is logic. You look around and say, "Who or WHAT created this?" and come to the conclusion that a higher power must have. It's the same with the afterlife. I have logically concluded, for a variety of reasons the most strong being my own conscience, that there is life after death.

Further than that, hmmm. I don't see any correlation between your comment of the "Church" thwarting scientifical disoveries and the issue at hand, so I won't respond to it. As for advancing the human race "unconsciously" or consciously, fine. But for what purpose? WHY? There's no point at all, according to you.

No, I will not change my opinion. I had rather hoped you'd change yours, though. Not for me, not so I'm right, but for you. For your soul, and your fate. Pertaining to your comments about an unfavorable reality, what was "horrible" to me was not your reality. Rather, it was saddening for me to hear your philosophy. It's nothing short of intellectual suicide. I don't know what's next, so nothing is.

ambnyc SILVER said...
on Oct. 5 2011 at 7:53 pm
ambnyc SILVER, Rego Park, New York
6 articles 0 photos 133 comments

Favorite Quote:
You know you're in love when you can't fall asleep because reality is finally better than your dreams. - Dr. Seuss

Yet there is an inherent flaw in your logic -- you cannot make up a solidly based opinion on the various theories of what are present. You cannot logically state, "I don't want to think there's nothing after death. Therefore there must be an afterlife!" with absolute certainty, because it is subjective. As for the "beyond the grave" experiences, I do not believe they have any credibility whatsoever. There's too many instances to ignore... that's like saying, "Well, between 75-95 percent of r.apes are never reported to the police. There's too many instances to ignore. Therefore, r.ape definitely never happened in 75-95% of instances!"

Excuse me for using such an example with such awful subject matter, but it's the one I think off of the top of my head. Also, advancing the human race is not really something we do consciously. Science - innovation - discovery - these things advance the human race. If you look back in history, you'll see how often the Church has attempted to thwart these discoveries, i.e. Sir Isaac Newton who had to renounce his. And why should it matter to you? Because this is your life, and life is amazing, and I'd rather spend my time enjoying my Earthly life than worrying about eternal life which, most likely, does not exist.

I know you won't change your opinion, but at least try and consider my side of the story. The Ben Franklin quote is what really provoked me into thinking this. It may seem "horrible", but just because reality is unfavorable doesn't mean we should refute it. Just because we're scared of death doesn't mean we should make up stories about what comes after. Well, actually, that is what we do to make us feel better about it.


on Oct. 5 2011 at 7:41 pm
MakeItShine SILVER, Pembroke Pines, Florida
9 articles 0 photos 30 comments

Favorite Quote:
“I believe in Christianity as I believe that the sun has risen: not only because I see it, but because by it I see everything else.”
~C.S. Lewis.

That's horrible. I cannot see how anyone can accept such uncertainty, and meaninglessness. If the point of life is to "advance the human race," then I'd rather not live. Why should I advance something I have but 70 years to participate in? Why should it matter to me?

Besides that, what do you say to those who have "beyond the grave" experiences? Sure, many people are fanatics and I can accept that not all accounts will be wholly accurate, or totally true. But there are too many instances to ignore! There is something after this, and at the very least one should investigate the varying theories of what exactly is after life, in order to make up a solidly based opinion.

As for me, "I believe in Christianity as I believe the sun has risen: not because I see it, but because by it I see everything else." --C.S. Lewis. God is the answer. His Son is the solution. Eternity is at stake.


ambnyc SILVER said...
on Oct. 5 2011 at 7:32 pm
ambnyc SILVER, Rego Park, New York
6 articles 0 photos 133 comments

Favorite Quote:
You know you're in love when you can't fall asleep because reality is finally better than your dreams. - Dr. Seuss

I see where you're coming from. For a long time I thought similarly. But of course humans fear death; it is the only thing we cannot comprehend... and if believing in a God and eternal life offers you comfort, so be it. The point of life, as it has been since the dawn of mankind, is to advance the human race... an afterlife not existing cannot be deemed illogical based on an inability to comprehend the nature of eternal oblivion. Here, this is what really got me thinking about it - Benjamin Franklin once said, "The human soul must have a mind to act upon. The brain creates the mind. When we are in a deep sleep and our brains are dormant, we are unconscious, unable to think. Will this not be the case in death? When the brain dies, our soul will have no mind and thus lie dormant eternally."

on Oct. 1 2011 at 10:47 pm
Olivia.297 BRONZE, Orillia, Other
1 article 0 photos 12 comments

Favorite Quote:
Ever notice how you never see me and superman at the same time?

I think just because you're Christian doesn't mean you're headed to heaven, and just because you aren't christian doesn't mean you aren't headed to heaven. Where we end up eternally should not just be based upon our beliefs, but our personalitys and how we treat others

on Oct. 1 2011 at 9:06 am
MakeItShine SILVER, Pembroke Pines, Florida
9 articles 0 photos 30 comments

Favorite Quote:
“I believe in Christianity as I believe that the sun has risen: not only because I see it, but because by it I see everything else.”
~C.S. Lewis.

The point, dear, is that without something beyond the grave there is no point to life. We do not live, and then die. It's illogical. Why do you think philosophers, and common man alike have constantly struggled with the question: what comes after this? Because it haunts humanity! How can we live for 60 years, die, and be no more? Life HAS TO COUNT for something. So, yeah, maybe I backed my point up with a quote. But only because I thought for the average thinker it would suffice. Apparently not.

ambnyc SILVER said...
on Sep. 30 2011 at 3:50 pm
ambnyc SILVER, Rego Park, New York
6 articles 0 photos 133 comments

Favorite Quote:
You know you're in love when you can't fall asleep because reality is finally better than your dreams. - Dr. Seuss

"Without an afterlife there is no meaning of life?" What? That's a subjective statement and not true at all. I don't think backing it up with a quote from a movie really helps either.

on Sep. 17 2011 at 1:30 am
Chitra.I PLATINUM, Dubai, Other
44 articles 2 photos 131 comments

Favorite Quote:
Everything makes sense if you think too much about it.

I agree! The Bible is supposed to be something of a art piece, every line is what YOU make of it. We have generalised and prejudiced views of everything. 

Check out my article, it kinda relates to yours. It's called Agnosticism and Morality.


on Sep. 12 2011 at 6:38 pm
Rocinante SILVER, Wexford, Pennsylvania
7 articles 1 photo 386 comments
I think if you love other people and are kind you will go to heaven even if you aren't Christian. I mean, when it all boils down, most of the major religions in the world all teach love and kindness to other people and animals.  Still this is a tough topic because what if someone does not believe there is heaven? I guess we can't know if there is till we die...

on Sep. 10 2011 at 1:05 pm
alexandria1124 BRONZE, Nowhere., Kentucky
1 article 0 photos 28 comments
Well, that's because God doesn't hear a sinners prayer (John 9:31). And church isn't supposed to be exciting, it's supposed to be time when you can join in fellowship with other Christians and learn more about God and your salvation.(:

on Sep. 9 2011 at 7:11 pm
andromeda13 SILVER, Barrie, Other
8 articles 0 photos 174 comments
for me it's not that there isn't any hard evidence it doesn't doesn't feel right to me. i've tryed to open myself up to God and it has never felt right, Church is boring to me and when i prayed i just felt like an idiot talking to myself

on Sep. 9 2011 at 7:09 pm
andromeda13 SILVER, Barrie, Other
8 articles 0 photos 174 comments
does it ever come to your attention that we DO know what the Bible says and that the fact that it says that doesn't change anything? backing things up with what the Bible says isn't a very strong argument.

on Sep. 7 2011 at 8:06 pm
alexandria1124 BRONZE, Nowhere., Kentucky
1 article 0 photos 28 comments
Am I allowed to say ditto?

Lintu said...
on Aug. 30 2011 at 6:13 pm
Lintu,
0 articles 0 photos 1 comment

Favorite Quote:
"If you only knew how many times I've stood like that. Just like that, looking up into the sky, asking for something... Maybe a blessing, maybe a curse" ~~Nightwatch

It says the Earth is a circle. Circles are 2D. They are flat, not round. That statement goes perfectly well with the time's accepted truth of a flat Earth. And saying that Old Testament prophecies are fullfilled in the New Testament doesn't prove anything. That just proves that whichever enterprising ancient scam artist that wrote the New Testament read up on the original before writing the sequel.