Confidence | Teen Ink

Confidence

By Vinson Pressley SILVER, Miami, Florida
Vinson Pressley SILVER, Miami, Florida

Confidence is simply believing in yourself. Confidence gives you the power to overcome failure and do the impossible. Failure shouldn’t be allowed to shatter confidence and should be used as a stimulus for resiliency. Do not let defeat led you to despair, it’s only telling you that you must try harder in order to achieve; failure isn’t a synonym for impossible. No one is immune to failure however no one is immune to success. If someone wants to try out for a sports team but nervous about trying, be confident and go out there and showcase your skills; give yourself a chance. If there is an enormous exam on the horizon, don’t say “oh, I’m going to fail, it’s too hard, why is this teacher doing this to us”, but believe in yourself and study and amazing things will happen. If there is a special someone that lights your soul on fire, ask them out on a date. Give yourself a chance (now I’m not guaranteeing that the other person will say “yes” because there are dozens of factors that determine whether or not you receive that date.) Confidence does a great job at frustrating failure while allowing you to take part in new challenges that could yield unexpected positive results but you’ll never know until you believe in yourself and try.

on Oct. 28 2009 at 6:32 pm
Vinson Pressley SILVER, Miami, Florida
Although I disagree with your opinion, I respect and appreciate your honesty

on Oct. 26 2009 at 10:25 pm
Melonn PLATINUM, Phoniex, Arizona

change your life

Democracy... while it lasts is more bloody than either aristocracy or monarchy. Remember, democracy never lasts long. It soon wastes, exhausts, and murders itself. There is never a democracy that did not commit suicide.
John Ada

confidence isnt a simple as you think.. i agree we should be confident but past things like people criticizing us since we were born leaves a print on us and makes it hard to love urself when people look at you and hate you.... confidence also is like about not caring about any other people opinions on you... i always wanted confidence but it doesn't come in a flash.... this article is good but you seem to be a little ignorant ... dont be offended i am saying this respectively i like this but some factors arent included