If You Are Not Christian Why Would You Go To Hell?

I think that even if you are not christian,you will make it in heaven! How do we know if what the bible says is true? We don't really have a reliable source for that. And just because you are not a follower does not? mean you are not his children.If God truly created us equally, in some way, why would there need to be a reason for going to hell or to heaven? In god's eyes we are his children,and nothing can change that.You shouldn't always trust something you read. I mean how do we know that they are hiding the truth from us with this bible?? How do we know it's not all made up?

frnkplss55 said...
Feb. 14, 2010 at 4:36 pm:
I understand what you are saying but God tells us to believe in him. I am Christian and I don't think exactly what people say is true. The Muslium faith believes in Alah which just mean God is Arabic. So I don't understand why people claim they aren't going to heaven when really they believe the same thing as Luthrans. Still, I think you need to believe that someone with higher power made you and then i think you will go to heaven

ReflectionsofYou replied...
Mar. 15, 2010 at 10:14 am :
But don't you think salvaiton is defined as what truely makes us saved? I think if salvation where based on anything we can do [besides total surrender] then it would shame what Jesus did.

dramatik4 said...
Feb. 14, 2010 at 4:24 pm:
The only thing i´ll say is that it´s called FAITH what you need to believe.

LeannaRose said...
Feb. 11, 2010 at 8:26 pm:
I could not disagree more. please take the time to read through my article, "standing out, what makes me different," and share your opinion. I'd love to hear what you have to say after.

drhorriblylate said...
Feb. 10, 2010 at 1:01 am:
If you don't believe in the bible than why do you believe in the existence of a heaven or Hell ? It is true that God creates us all equal, but we sure don't die equals. And yes God is all merciful, but you have to ask for your forgiveness. It is our actions and beliefs during life that make us who we are and what we will become after death.

chadmiester89 replied...
Feb. 26, 2010 at 1:27 pm :
yes you are right if you have salvation then you will go to heaven and based on god and you being at the throne in front of him he will judge upon which you will live eternity as.

drhorriblylate said...
Feb. 10, 2010 at 12:55 am:
Well if you don't believe in the bible than why do you even believe in heaven or hell ? Seems to me like you're taking what you want from it and leaving the rest, you believe in the bible's explanation of the afterlife but not the reasons for it? God created us equal but we sure don't die equal, we choose who we become and therefore what becomes of us after death.

cooked said...
The Bible has more proof to it's accuracy than the history books we have in our schools. If you think about it, how do you know George Washington even existed, you don't because you have never met him. You think you know he did because of historical references, all in books. Jesus is in the books too. There is no denying that Jesus lived, because he did. When looking at any piece of historical writing I suggest evaluating it by three standards, which when looking at all writings, t... (more »)

coolrj24 said...
Jan. 15, 2010 at 8:31 am:
questioning the bible really? At least give in a chance to explain the religious opionions that we all have even the christians

BillyJoeBobKellyGeorge This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
well people don't follow the bible because it's 100% accurate and can be scientifically proven. they follow the bible b/c it has words of knowledge and life lessons. i just wanted to say that point, but yes i agree, that nonchristians deserve a chance to go to heaven. i mean...what if they never even known who God was? like a baby for example. i think that people shouldn't follow the bible word for word because the bible hasn't been modified for today's society and the r... (more »)

Kelz1141This teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. replied...
Jan. 6, 2010 at 2:34 pm :
I don't think the bible can be remodified to fit today. The bible was written by humans, but someone made and argument that it is god breathed (god told them what to say). Just throwing that in there, more to fit your beliefs than mine.

BillyJoeBobKellyGeorge This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. replied...
Jan. 7, 2010 at 10:38 pm :
Well i agree w/ you. i don't think the bibe can be remodified. I'm just saying that people can pick and choose what they believe from it. For example, ppl use the bible to assert that homosexuality is wrong, but in today's society, homosexuality is more accepted than before. to be honest, i don't follow the bible at all. i was just making a point about it. i, myself, believe in karma and recarnation so hell to me doesn't exist unless i do something really horrible in t... (more »)

Jan. 19, 2010 at 2:26 pm :
I totally agree with you. I've never quite put it into those particular words before but that sounds like my frame of mind.

caitlin.calamity said...
Why would God condemn anyone to hell if he loves us all? Gallagher, your logic makes no sense to me.

ReflectionsofYou replied...
Dec. 10, 2009 at 9:03 am :
Because he chooses not to infringe on free will. He doesn't want anyone to go to hell . But because they choose not to have a relationship with him, they send themselves to hell . I don't want to sound like one of those in-your-face-christians, but this is what I believe and this is the place to talk about what you believe....

ReflectionsofYou replied...
Dec. 11, 2009 at 1:58 pm :
Because He chooses not to infringe on free will. It's not sin that sends poeple to hell , it's failure to choose to have a relationship with Him.

ReflectionsofYou replied...
Mar. 15, 2010 at 10:07 am :
I hate it when it makes me comment twice....
:{

gallagher This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
Nov. 30, 2009 at 12:22 am:
Hell is for non-believers. God gave us free will, meaning it's our choice to love him or reject him. And if we choose not to love him why would we want to spend eternity with him? God is saying "Well you don't want to be with me so you can go here as far away from me as possible. So no, everyone does not go to heaven.

Lizard said...
You have to understand, God didn't make Hell for unbelievers, he made it for Satan. But in the Bible, God says he WILL NOT claim you if you don't claim him. It sounds like you believe in God, so why haven't you made the choice yet to follow him?

Jan. 6, 2010 at 2:36 pm :
If God so badly wants us to believe and follow him why doesn't he make is presence more known. I don't think I'm a bad person because I don't fall under the power of suggestion.

reflectionsofyou said...
Truth isn't truth just because you believe it. There has to be a standard for truth to be measured to and my belief is that that standard is God. And i don't really think we're all Gods children. I think that's a chioce we make about accepting his son. There are a ton of things out there that I could list to try and prove the Bible is true and accurate but if you really want to know you can look up Apolegetics[sp?].
Anyway I try to respect what other people believe bec... (more »)