If You Are Not Christian Why Would You Go To Hell? | Teen Ink

If You Are Not Christian Why Would You Go To Hell?

November 7, 2009
By Ally_Yang PLATINUM, Smyrna, Tennessee
Ally_Yang PLATINUM, Smyrna, Tennessee
22 articles 0 photos 7 comments

I think that even if you are not christian,you will make it in heaven! How do we know if what the bible says is true? We don't really have a reliable source for that. And just because you are not a follower does not? mean you are not his children.If God truly created us equally, in some way, why would there need to be a reason for going to hell or to heaven? In god's eyes we are his children,and nothing can change that.You shouldn't always trust something you read. I mean how do we know that they are hiding the truth from us with this bible?? How do we know it's not all made up?

The author's comments:
I was answering a question on Youtube about this particular topic. It kind of raged me into writing this.

Similar Articles

JOIN THE DISCUSSION

This article has 575 comments.


on Mar. 21 2010 at 11:21 am
magic-esi PLATINUM, Hyde Park, New York
27 articles 0 photos 231 comments

Favorite Quote:
"The mark of the immature man is that he wants to die nobly for a cause, while the mark of the mature man is that he wants to live humbly for one."
"Happiness can be found even in the darkest of times, if only one remembers to turn on the light."

We were all created equally. We choose where we go. It is our choices that show what we truly are.

I am willing to accept your opinion but you need more proof to back it up.

Anoma21 said...
on Mar. 20 2010 at 6:06 pm
Im not saying that i don't believe in god (im not really sure myself) but if he is real, im not buying in to the whole heaven/ hell idea. I believe that if god is real, he would be intelligent enough to create a system better than that. With the heaven/ hell system you are either bad or good, no in between, and i think we all can agree that humans are more complex than that.

ShadowFairy said...
on Mar. 20 2010 at 4:19 pm
ShadowFairy, Peachtree City, Georgia
0 articles 2 photos 3 comments
I’m atheist and don’t believe in a heaven or a hell . But I think that everyone should decide how to reach what they think is heaven.

Jingmei BRONZE said...
on Mar. 16 2010 at 12:08 pm
Jingmei BRONZE, Lincoln Park, New Jersey
4 articles 0 photos 13 comments
Well, I agree that you don't need to CALL yourself a " Christian ", but what it means is to know and accept what Jesus paid for us. Even if someone thinks that this isn't proven, God provides enough evidence through His creation and the way the Bible, compiled of more than 40 authors of the Great story of God in all different regions at different time periods, fits TOGETHER like a puzzle piece. So even if someone doubts the bible for all its relation to our personal lives, they cant deny its historical evidence. How could that be possible without a Higher Power? Plus, so many people misinterpret the Bible that they think it's corrupt--but it's not.

on Mar. 15 2010 at 10:21 am
ReflectionsofYou GOLD, Mason, Tennessee
10 articles 0 photos 107 comments
I didn't say the Bible was truth because I believe it. Who am I? Why does it even matter what I believe? I believe the Bible is true because God is soviergn[sp?] and he tells us so. [Yeah, I know that sounds stupid to some people so please don't go there...] And to back that up I believe God is real because he's made his spirit known to me.

on Mar. 15 2010 at 10:14 am
ReflectionsofYou GOLD, Mason, Tennessee
10 articles 0 photos 107 comments
But don't you think salvaiton is defined as what truely makes us saved? I think if salvation where based on anything we can do [besides total surrender] then it would shame what Jesus did.

on Mar. 15 2010 at 10:07 am
ReflectionsofYou GOLD, Mason, Tennessee
10 articles 0 photos 107 comments
I hate it when it makes me comment twice....

:{

Essie SILVER said...
on Mar. 11 2010 at 5:42 pm
Essie SILVER, Richmond, Illinois
5 articles 1 photo 16 comments

Favorite Quote:
When in doubt...make your character climb up a tree :)

So, by your way of seeing it, all of the murderers and rapers should go to the same place as the people who donate to charity and do good in their lives?

on Mar. 11 2010 at 1:21 pm
Peace420 BRONZE, Williston, Florida
2 articles 0 photos 42 comments
I don't believe in god so therefor I don't believe in heaven and hell .
The bible are just stories...

on Mar. 9 2010 at 2:02 pm
BrittneyCloud SILVER, Albuquerque, New Mexico
7 articles 0 photos 29 comments

Favorite Quote:
"Dont tell me the sky is the limit when there are footprints on the moon!"

Religion is a touchy subject. I too am a christian , but just because i am doesnt mean its the only way or that i am even right. I would rather believe though and be right then to not and be wrong. In my opinion each religion has its high points and ones that dont make any sense at all. I think mostly its up to you. If you truly believe in God he'll show you whats right, and you can make it to heaven through him and Jesus christ . All you really need is that faith in him and you will see the truth for yourself.

on Mar. 9 2010 at 12:36 am
Valtarov SILVER, Colorado Springs, Colorado
5 articles 0 photos 24 comments

Favorite Quote:
I said to the man at the gate, "Give me a light, that I may tread safely into the unknown." and he replied, "Go out into the darkness, and put your hand into the hand of God. That will to you be better than the light and safer than the Known."

It is not that God sentences anyone to heaven or hell , but rather that there is something inside of us all that will grow up to be Hell if we do not (or perhaps it is merely we do not let God) let God nip it in the bud.

on Mar. 8 2010 at 11:48 pm
Valtarov SILVER, Colorado Springs, Colorado
5 articles 0 photos 24 comments

Favorite Quote:
I said to the man at the gate, "Give me a light, that I may tread safely into the unknown." and he replied, "Go out into the darkness, and put your hand into the hand of God. That will to you be better than the light and safer than the Known."

God did not create us equally. Socrates was right when he said that there were some men fit only to be slaves. The reason that I believe in democracy and abolition is because there are no men fit to be masters. The only real sense of equality on God's level is that God's love will mean infinite fulfillment to each. That infinity will probably not be equal to that of everyone else; but that is not the point. The point is that it is enough.

on Mar. 8 2010 at 11:44 pm
Valtarov SILVER, Colorado Springs, Colorado
5 articles 0 photos 24 comments

Favorite Quote:
I said to the man at the gate, "Give me a light, that I may tread safely into the unknown." and he replied, "Go out into the darkness, and put your hand into the hand of God. That will to you be better than the light and safer than the Known."

Now for the problems in what you say. I think you may be the really bad type of universalist who says that everyone gets to go to heaven regardless of what type of person you've made yourself. Though Love may love a wretched thing in spite of all its infirmities, He cannot cease to will their removal. Each of us has a cancer inside that will slowly kill us unless we let the surgeon (God) remove it. It may be painful, but it is painful for the surgeon himself to have to cut you up to heal you. And that pain is far less than the pain of spiritual death. God rejects no one who really wants him, but He will not force himself on someone who really does not want him or wants to hang on to anything else other than Him.

on Mar. 8 2010 at 11:38 pm
Valtarov SILVER, Colorado Springs, Colorado
5 articles 0 photos 24 comments

Favorite Quote:
I said to the man at the gate, "Give me a light, that I may tread safely into the unknown." and he replied, "Go out into the darkness, and put your hand into the hand of God. That will to you be better than the light and safer than the Known."

Wrong. Salvation is by no means by faith alone. James, in the Bible, says so. Moreover, faith is a lot more than intellectual belief in Jesus . Until one has made a good moral effort and found himself lacking, there is no place for faith, for faith is the understanding and hope that God will take you in spite of all the bad in you. Good works lead, more and more, to faith, as faith leads to good works. Christ never says that it is only through intellectual belief in him is what saves us. He says that we are all saved through him, that we might become new people (Sons of God), and that is achieved through acting as if you were one already. Look at the parable of the sheep and the goats, which clearly isn't talking about the saved (for they know not Christ nor that they served him) but rather about people who don't know Christ but still, through their actions, served Him.

on Mar. 8 2010 at 11:31 pm
Valtarov SILVER, Colorado Springs, Colorado
5 articles 0 photos 24 comments

Favorite Quote:
I said to the man at the gate, "Give me a light, that I may tread safely into the unknown." and he replied, "Go out into the darkness, and put your hand into the hand of God. That will to you be better than the light and safer than the Known."

Now, being an amateur apologist, I think I may have something to say. I am a Christian . Is Christianity the only way to God? Well, yes and no.
Jesus says the following statements:
1. "I am the way and the truth and the life."
2. "Whosoever believeth in me shall have eternal life."
3. The parable of the sheep and the goats
Now, on the first two. No one will come to God except through Christ , but we are expressly not told that it is only those who believe in Christ whom shall enter into Glory.
The parable of the sheep and the goats makes little sense except as describing the salvation of those who don't believe in Jesus Christ . They do not know Christ or that they served him, yet, because of what they have done for the "least of these" they enter into Glory.
Jesus in the only way to God.
Christianity i.e. belief in Jesus isn't the only way that, through Jesus , one may come to God. Two Christians at the heart of their denominations have much more in common with a real Jew than with any fringe believer who thinks his faith of marginal importance.
Anything outside of Christianity is a risky though not impossible venture. I will prefer Christianity , where I am safe if I truly do as my faith says. It is not, however, a sure bet, e.g. "Many will say to me in that day, "Lord, lord, have we not in thy name prophesied? and in thy name cast out demons? and in thy name done many mighty things?" and then I will acknowledge to them, that -- I never knew you, depart from me ye who are working lawlessness."

on Feb. 26 2010 at 1:27 pm
yes you are right if you have salvation then you will go to heaven and based on god and you being at the throne in front of him he will judge upon which you will live eternity as.

on Feb. 26 2010 at 1:19 pm
Salvation and going to heaven is by grace through faith alone. you should have to think about if your going to heaven or not.

on Feb. 14 2010 at 4:36 pm
MaliyahP. SILVER, Milwaukee, Wisconsin
9 articles 0 photos 41 comments

Favorite Quote:
There are pirate ships and steam ships but the best ship of all is friendship.

I understand what you are saying but God tells us to believe in him. I am Christian and I don't think exactly what people say is true. The Muslium faith believes in Alah which just mean God is Arabic. So I don't understand why people claim they aren't going to heaven when really they believe the same thing as Luthrans. Still, I think you need to believe that someone with higher power made you and then i think you will go to heaven

on Feb. 14 2010 at 4:24 pm
dramatik4 BRONZE, Hanover, Maryland
3 articles 0 photos 5 comments
The only thing i´ll say is that it´s called FAITH what you need to believe.

on Feb. 11 2010 at 8:26 pm
LeannaRose SILVER, Moreno Valley, California
5 articles 6 photos 43 comments

Favorite Quote:
I believe that everything happens for a reason. People change so that you can learn to let go, things go wrong so that you learn to appreciate them when they're right. You believe lies so you eventually learn to trust no one but yourself...and sometimes good things fall apart so better things can fall together.

I could not disagree more. please take the time to read through my article, "standing out, what makes me different," and share your opinion. I'd love to hear what you have to say after.