If You Are Not Christian Why Would You Go To Hell? | Teen Ink

If You Are Not Christian Why Would You Go To Hell?

November 7, 2009
By Ally_Yang PLATINUM, Smyrna, Tennessee
Ally_Yang PLATINUM, Smyrna, Tennessee
22 articles 0 photos 7 comments

I think that even if you are not christian,you will make it in heaven! How do we know if what the bible says is true? We don't really have a reliable source for that. And just because you are not a follower does not? mean you are not his children.If God truly created us equally, in some way, why would there need to be a reason for going to hell or to heaven? In god's eyes we are his children,and nothing can change that.You shouldn't always trust something you read. I mean how do we know that they are hiding the truth from us with this bible?? How do we know it's not all made up?

The author's comments:
I was answering a question on Youtube about this particular topic. It kind of raged me into writing this.

Similar Articles

JOIN THE DISCUSSION

This article has 575 comments.


TheJust ELITE said...
on Jul. 21 2010 at 9:33 am
TheJust ELITE, Ellenton, Florida
254 articles 202 photos 945 comments

Favorite Quote:
"I feel that a hero is somebody who will stand up for their values and what they believe in and that can take any form. People that have values and have thought them through rather than those who just do what they’re told."-Skandar Keynes

"When it’

Rev 21:8  But the fearful, and unbelieving, and the abominable, and murderers, and whoremongers, and sorcerers, and idolaters, and all liars, shall have their part in the lake which burneth with fire and brimstone: which is the second death.

Luk 16:23  And in hell he lift up his eyes, being in torments, and seeth Abraham afar off, and Lazarus in his bosom.
Luk 16:24  And he cried and said, Father Abraham, have mercy on me, and send Lazarus, that he may dip the tip of his finger in water, and cool my tongue; for I am tormented in this flame.

Mat 18:9  And if thine eye offend thee, pluck it out, and cast it from thee: it is better for thee to enter into life with one eye, rather than having two eyes to be cast into hell fire.

Jas 3:6  And the tongue is a fire, a world of iniquity: so is the tongue among our members, that it defileth the whole body, and setteth on fire the course of nature; and it is set on fire of hell.

Rev 20:14  And death and hell were cast into the lake of fire. This is the second death.

Want more proof?


TheJust ELITE said...
on Jul. 21 2010 at 9:05 am
TheJust ELITE, Ellenton, Florida
254 articles 202 photos 945 comments

Favorite Quote:
"I feel that a hero is somebody who will stand up for their values and what they believe in and that can take any form. People that have values and have thought them through rather than those who just do what they’re told."-Skandar Keynes

"When it’

Actually Jesus spoke more about Hell than He did about Heaven.

Matthew 25:30-And cast ye unprofitable servant into outer darkness: there shall be weeping and gnashing of teeth.

Matthew 25:41-Then shall He say also unto them on the left hand, Depart from Me, ye cursed, into everlasting fire, prepared for the devil and his angels.

Matthew 25:46-And these shall go away into everlasting punishment.

Luke 16:23-24-And in hell he lift up his eyes, being in torments, and seeth Abraham afar off, and Lazarus in his bosom. And he cried and said, Father Abraham, have mercy on me, and send Lazarus, that he may dip the tip of his finger in water, and cool my tongue; for I am tormented in this flame.

Revelations 21:8-But the fearful, and unbelieving, and the abominable, and murderers, and whoremongers, and sorcerers, and idolaters, and all liars, shall have their part in the lake which burneth with fire and brimstone: which is the second death.

These are just five examples of where the Bible speaks of Hell. Read it for yourself and you will find hundreds more examples. And it's not all "seperation from God" it's flame and flesh eating bugs and eternal falling and eternal torment.


TheJust ELITE said...
on Jul. 21 2010 at 8:44 am
TheJust ELITE, Ellenton, Florida
254 articles 202 photos 945 comments

Favorite Quote:
"I feel that a hero is somebody who will stand up for their values and what they believe in and that can take any form. People that have values and have thought them through rather than those who just do what they’re told."-Skandar Keynes

"When it’

The Bible WAS written by man, but INSPIRED by God. Every word in the Bible came from the mouth of God. And if you want to try and find a mistake or two, go ahead. Let me know what you find...because I've never found any.

on Jul. 20 2010 at 8:02 pm
conversegirl23 BRONZE, Wasilla, Alaska
1 article 1 photo 36 comments

Favorite Quote:
"So many frogs, so few princes"

God does love us that's why he gave us jesus so we dont have to go hell. u could only say he didnt love us if he didnt give us a chance. which he has.

on Jul. 20 2010 at 7:57 pm
conversegirl23 BRONZE, Wasilla, Alaska
1 article 1 photo 36 comments

Favorite Quote:
"So many frogs, so few princes"

Have u never read revelation?

on Jul. 19 2010 at 4:48 pm
LoveJesus BRONZE, Ashland, Oregon
4 articles 0 photos 2 comments
The other thing I might mention... Us Christians aren't perfect nor are expected to be that way. We are only forgiven. And most people who call themselves Christians aren't Christians. But true born-again, real children of God WILL change eventually. May God bless you dearly friends and help you see the truth. Please take no offense, I only speak what the Lord tells me to.

on Jul. 19 2010 at 4:45 pm
LoveJesus BRONZE, Ashland, Oregon
4 articles 0 photos 2 comments
Jesus Christ IS the way, truth, and life. There is a hell and Jesus forewarned you about it in the Bible. He did speak lots about hell maybe even more than heaven. From the posts you are making, I sense you do not know the Bible that well. I never mean this in a rude way but look at the gospels. Jesus continually preaches on hell whether he mentions the name or not. The place of weeping and gnasing of teeth is referring to hel and He talks about to a large degree. Jesus loves and and is willing that none should perish but we have free choice. You MUST realize you are sinful and that Jesus died on the cross, rose again, and lives today. You must ask Him to come into your heart and reign in you, and then is the only time you are saved. God bless you and help you to see what is right and reveal to the blind, the truth that they are missing.

on Jul. 17 2010 at 1:49 pm
bennyB PLATINUM, Memphis, Tennessee
26 articles 0 photos 63 comments

is not about religions is about a personal relationship with god that is what christianity is

and i agree with you Imania


on Jul. 17 2010 at 1:47 pm
bennyB PLATINUM, Memphis, Tennessee
26 articles 0 photos 63 comments
god created all of us equaly and wants all of us to go to heaven but it is because of sin that we castourselvs away from him but Jesus said that if we fall 70 times he will lift ous up as many times  as long as we repent and keep away from sin and follow god everything will be allright god doesnt want a religion he wants a relationship with him

on Jul. 16 2010 at 11:02 pm
TheAnonymousArtist BRONZE, San Diego, California
2 articles 0 photos 10 comments
some of you speak about having a relationship with God as the key to getting into heaven. then why does it have to be the christian god? Or perhaps just a spiritual entity? Even lack of belief is still belief in something.

on Jul. 16 2010 at 10:46 pm
TheAnonymousArtist BRONZE, San Diego, California
2 articles 0 photos 10 comments
Actually, that version of "salvation" is exclusive to Lutheran and the various offshoots of that, including protestantism. Meanwhile, catholics believe doing good works will lead to salvation. so are all the catholics going to hell? this is when all these piecemeal denominations of christianity start becoming a problem.

on Jul. 12 2010 at 1:37 pm
MasterZethro9, Miramar, Florida
0 articles 0 photos 1 comment

Favorite Quote:
"Dying the death of a thousand qualifications."

Can you explain to me how the Bible "DOES NOT" teach about people going to hell for not believing in Christ?

on Jul. 6 2010 at 4:29 pm
Hippiechick10 SILVER, One Stoplight Town, Connecticut
7 articles 0 photos 83 comments

Favorite Quote:
Those who deny freedom to others , deserve it not for themselves. (Abe Lincoln)

I agree with you. A man had to write the bible, right? So perhaps there are a few mistakes or things untrue because 1. the man might have  heard christ wrong and 2. maybe things were modified to fit a man's needs. Also, there are many faiths, so if you don't belive in hell, why go to it? ( No offense in this post to Christians)

on Jul. 6 2010 at 4:21 pm
Hippiechick10 SILVER, One Stoplight Town, Connecticut
7 articles 0 photos 83 comments

Favorite Quote:
Those who deny freedom to others , deserve it not for themselves. (Abe Lincoln)

I do agree with you. Some people also have different beliefs, and they certainly don't believe they will go to hell. Also, a man had to write the bible, so perhaps there are mistakes or the man may have heard christ wrong. ( No offense intended toward Christians)

Sidney BRONZE said...
on Jul. 5 2010 at 7:16 pm
Sidney BRONZE, The Woodlands, Texas
4 articles 5 photos 6 comments

Favorite Quote:
I know I'm a Princess, because my Father is the King of kings.

Where does it say that God doesn't take animals to heaven? You don't have a different way of looking at God. This is what you believe, right: (correct me if I'm wrong) God created Universe, which includes Earth(cuz last time I checked earth was part of the universe) He built this world(which is called Earth) for us and animals and all of life. (So technically for us, since we are life) As humans, we change constantly. The definition of evolutin is to change. You believe in God and change, but you don't believe in Darwin. Darwin was that there is no God and Earth was here and we originated from monkeys. You believe in the same thing I do. I am in a slow progress of reading the bible, but I haven't read that animals don't have souls or make it to heaven, but if I do I will be sure to tell you. So you can back up your opinion with facts. You can email me at more_than_you_can_fathom@yahoo.com

 


Sidney BRONZE said...
on Jul. 5 2010 at 7:07 pm
Sidney BRONZE, The Woodlands, Texas
4 articles 5 photos 6 comments

Favorite Quote:
I know I'm a Princess, because my Father is the King of kings.

God gave us free will. We either believe him or don't.  He made us to believe in him, yes. But for those who don't, he will not force you to believe in him. And no, we are not all children of God. We are all of God's creation and yes we are still equal, christian or not. Once we accept Jesus as our Lord and Savior, then we become children of God.  And for the Heaven and Hell thing, I'm new at this so I can't give you all the answers.  But let me ask you this, Would you want people who put you down and didn't believe in you to spend eternity with you? I mean, God doesn't ask that much of us and for us to reject him and his son and expect to get to heaven is ridiculous. I'm taking it as you are a christian? Maybe, just confused about somethings. I suggest you pray about it. Ask God to answer it for you. If you read Genesis, I'm pretty sure it says why there is a Heaven and Hell. If you don't have a Bible (Or don't believe everything the Bible says) Then go to cbn.com or talk to a local pastor. The Bible is tricky, because originally it was written in Hebrew and has been translated into many languages. So, It may not be word for word correct, but the meaning of it is correct.  If you have any questions about anything and don't want to go to a pastor or anything I have any email you can email me at.  more_than_you_can_fathom@yahoo.com

I will be more than willing to help you out, because I was confused about the Bible and I had people help me and I want to help you. So please don't hesitate to email me.


matt7 BRONZE said...
on Jul. 3 2010 at 9:03 pm
matt7 BRONZE, Charleston, Other
2 articles 0 photos 56 comments

Favorite Quote:
"For where God built a church, there the Devil would also build a chapel."
-Martin Luther

'Always be prepared to give an answer to everyone who asks you to give the reason for the hope that you have. But do this with GENTELNESS and RESPECT' 1 Peter 3:15

When a Christian speaks about the faith, it should not sound barbaric. If it does, the person is probably a little immature.


on Jul. 3 2010 at 11:23 am
fictionlover10 SILVER, Scottsdale, Arizona
6 articles 0 photos 59 comments
Hey guys, come on! In the bible it hardly mentions hell, and when it does it says that hell is just being separated from god- in life or death! There is nothing about Satan and torture and fire! Why is everyone getting worked up over a foolish interpretation of holy words?

on Jun. 22 2010 at 12:38 pm
BlueRain BRONZE, Clarkston, Michigan
2 articles 5 photos 254 comments

Favorite Quote:
"Meeting you was fate, becoming your friend was a choice, but falling in love with you was beyond my control."

I think it's a very thoughtful question. Personally I think some of the pressures Christians put on others are sort of barbaric.

on Jun. 22 2010 at 12:35 pm
BlueRain BRONZE, Clarkston, Michigan
2 articles 5 photos 254 comments

Favorite Quote:
"Meeting you was fate, becoming your friend was a choice, but falling in love with you was beyond my control."

I agree. i don't believe in hell, but I really get annoyed when I hear people talking about that if you're not Christian, you're somehow damned. Is that just their way of getting more Christians? Spreading fear?

I am not a Christian, but I do believe in God and Heaven. I also believe in evolution. I believe that God created the universe, but not the Earth itself. He didn't build this world for us. He built it for all life to change and develop under Him. I don't see God in the same image a others do. I don't believe that animals are soulless. Animals have showed me more compassion in my life than most humans. If they are soulless, then we must be too. Because to me, a heaven without animals is not my heaven. It is not somewhere I want to spend eternity. And of course I get those people who tell me "Oh God makes animals in Heaven". But that only makes me feel worse. I want to see MY animals, real ones that have lived and breathed with me on Earth, not some fake ones. If Heaven is supposedly big enough to fit every human being in this world, why can't animals go too? Are we so protective of our space that we can't lend our paradise?

I don't believe animals were put on this Earth to serve us. We are all put here to live our own destinies and work together. We are fellow animals of an Earth, a world, that must be shared.