Gay, Lesbian, bi relationships are okay!! | Teen Ink

Gay, Lesbian, bi relationships are okay!!

September 20, 2009
By ~luckydutchess~ BRONZE, Keywest, Florida
~luckydutchess~ BRONZE, Keywest, Florida
4 articles 0 photos 6 comments

Favorite Quote:
"One day there will be a chance that you will say that you love one person and really mean it, but every day one person is at least loving you now." - Me


I don't understand why most people in the world don't like people of the same sex to be in a relationship. I'm bisexual myself and people come up to me and start critizing me because i am, but they dont understand that I'm special in my own way just like other ppl, no matter who they are.

Where I live the main population is gay, lesbian and bi people. In front of my school there are even people writing signs saying "God hates America and Fags are not welcomed here!" I am getting so sick of it! This is making us not want to come out and actually be us.

The government has no right to make laws saying that gays can not be married. God and government does not mix people! Get it straight! Some of yur friends might actually be gay, lesbian or bi, and would u not be there friend because of it? If you would, then you are messed up and not worthy of their friendship.



Similar Articles

JOIN THE DISCUSSION

This article has 1003 comments.


Xysus said...
on Sep. 30 2011 at 2:40 pm
Amen! God save us. I hope that one day everyone will all just learn to love.

Xysus said...
on Sep. 30 2011 at 2:33 pm

It's sad but true. 

Christianity is about love and acceptance. Yet, somehow, the majority of religious people have accidentally turned against those very rules.

God never said that WE the people who are, "ONE NATION UNDER GOD", have any right to choose who WE think are worthy of going to Heaven.

Excuse me, but I was under the impression that this was the job of our creator.

I'm Christian, and I believe that God has a plan for everyone and that the judging should be left for the Lord Our Father.

I have hope for the world, yet.


on Sep. 30 2011 at 11:28 am
Midnight_Hum SILVER, Hearne, Texas
5 articles 0 photos 48 comments

I felt that this article was written out of frustration more than anything. I also tend to believe that being Bi is just an excuse.

Either you like guys or you like girls.  Saying that you are Bi just seems like a way of saying "I'm not sure what I like an am very confused."

I also had a hard time believing that where you live the main population is ga.y, les.bian, and 'Bi people'.

Also, I don't think you ever answered the question "Why are Ga.y, Les.bian, and Bi relationships okay?"  you mostly spouted nonsensical judgement.


ShannonJr GOLD said...
on Sep. 30 2011 at 7:34 am
ShannonJr GOLD, Newton, North Carolina
10 articles 0 photos 4 comments

Favorite Quote:
“He has never been known to use a word that might send a reader to the dictionary.”
William Faulkner (about Ernest Hemingway)

“Does he really think big emotions come from big words?”
Ernest Hemingway (about William Faulkner)

I find this article nice, but it is poorly written and does not convince anyone of anything. You're grammar is awful, you did not spell words correctly or even spell words out. And if you are trying to appeal to people who do not support homosexuality, the last thing you would want to do is call them messed up for having beliefs different from your own, how does that make you any better?

Next time you want to write an article about a particular event. Write it well and make a good argument or at least a better illustartion than "u would not be their friend...you are messed up". Please try better next time.


on Sep. 29 2011 at 12:41 pm
derickinc BRONZE, Rockford, Illinois
4 articles 0 photos 36 comments

Favorite Quote:
"I hate all of you." - Squidward Tentacles

It's been two thousand years since; learn what the word "interpretation" means and pray to God for your life because you sound awful.

-Duckie- GOLD said...
on Sep. 25 2011 at 3:11 pm
-Duckie- GOLD, West Fargo, North Dakota
18 articles 0 photos 127 comments

Favorite Quote:
Your heart is a weapon the size of your fist. Keep fighting. Keep loving.
-Anonymous

I hate to sound like a hippie, but can't we all just get along? Or at least argue nice. Christian Professor, I mostly agree with you, but you could be nicer in the way you put it out there. just a suggestion.

Elliott1234 said...
on Sep. 22 2011 at 9:33 am

ChristianProfessor: I would like you to examine your statements about the "American Youth". You stated that we are the reason for our countries problems, but arent you adults the ones that make the decisions for us? I, being Christian, liberal, and pro-homosexuality, would like to alert you to a couple of things wrong with your arguement. 

a. Us "Children" are not the reasons for what's wrong with our country. I would just like to emphasize this to you, as we are just kids-we don't make decisions for ourself half the time; y'all do. It is wrong to try to determine someone elses life and happiness based on what you directly translate from the Bible. Why don't you go and read over the 10 Commandments for me? You make have a degree in studies of Christianity, but that doesn't mean you are right.

B. HOMOSEXUALITY IS OKAY! Just like Vionlingurl100 stated earlier, "Love is love. It doesn't matter who  you love, it should matter that you can be happy. For all those people who think god wouldn't like it, doesn't god also teach us to be accepting?", God does not instruct us to pass laws and discriminate against homosexual (or bi) peoples. 

c. You should not be a Professor of Chrisitanity if this is what you believe. You CAN NOT go around on a teen website cyberbullying others because of what you believe in. We all have our rights, opinions, and decisions, and you are not in any postition to deny anybody those. Yes, Homosexuality can be a tad un-comfortable at times for those of us who are not straight, but do what God tells you to do- Accept. Nowhere in the Bible does it teach to prey on people who are different than you and tell them what youthink is wrong with their lives. It's Their Life!


on Sep. 19 2011 at 11:17 am
Sunshine.On.My.Shoulders BRONZE, -, Alaska
3 articles 1 photo 22 comments

Favorite Quote:
"Even if you're on the right track, you'll get run over if you just sit there." -Will Rogers

I understand that you were trying to support your opinion and try and convince people of why lgbt are alright. I am perfectly okay with people and their own opinions. But please, when you try and convince someone of something, at least write a decent article with good grammar and spelling.

on Sep. 12 2011 at 3:50 pm
andromeda13 SILVER, Barrie, Other
8 articles 0 photos 174 comments
it's not wrong, your just against it. that doesn't make it wrong.

on Sep. 8 2011 at 6:10 pm
Dino-chan BRONZE, Wentzville, Missouri
1 article 2 photos 26 comments

Favorite Quote:
"death cannot stop true love only delay it for a while" westly the princess bride

agreed and there is more genetics involved in determoning wether a person is homosexsual or not than if u r left or right handed

zachrry said...
on Sep. 8 2011 at 5:20 am
You must remember, christian proffesor, that not everyone is christian, and it's not your right, as an american, to have a say in someone's life, simply because of your religion. I am all for religion, and am an observant jew, but I would never translate the entire bible literally. Think of the time period in which in was written, when there were no consenting, adult, homosexual relationships. None of us know what G-d would do.The world would be a much better place if we stop pretending we do.

jmdsl BRONZE said...
on Sep. 7 2011 at 6:12 pm
jmdsl BRONZE, Vigo, Other
1 article 1 photo 9 comments

Favorite Quote:
theres no second time without third time

this goes for the one under

jmdsl BRONZE said...
on Sep. 7 2011 at 6:11 pm
jmdsl BRONZE, Vigo, Other
1 article 1 photo 9 comments

Favorite Quote:
theres no second time without third time

what i put on top goes for you

jmdsl BRONZE said...
on Sep. 7 2011 at 6:10 pm
jmdsl BRONZE, Vigo, Other
1 article 1 photo 9 comments

Favorite Quote:
theres no second time without third time

Yes and it sais that you cant use anticonceptives and lots of other stuff but there is no need to be homophobic people are born like that are done

on Aug. 31 2011 at 5:41 pm
Sunshine123456789 BRONZE, Granville, Ohio
4 articles 3 photos 5 comments

Favorite Quote:
\"A poem begins in delight, and ends in wisdom\"



~Robert Frost

Amen to that!

on Aug. 29 2011 at 1:13 am
KDtheGhostwriter GOLD, Jefferson City, Missouri
18 articles 0 photos 31 comments

Favorite Quote:
"You are not special; And I am no hero."

Dr. Jones, you have been taught well.

on Aug. 27 2011 at 9:18 pm
HeartMindSoul GOLD, Port Aransas, Texas
11 articles 53 photos 27 comments
Thank you!

on Aug. 27 2011 at 9:14 pm
far.from.you. GOLD, Bradenton, Florida
17 articles 0 photos 50 comments

Favorite Quote:
" She completly fell for him, but he didnt even stumble...</3" -unknown.

amen.... (;

on Aug. 20 2011 at 5:22 pm
Violingurl100 BRONZE, Grafton, Wisconsin
3 articles 0 photos 3 comments
Love is love.  It doesn't matter who you love, it should just matter that you can be happy.  For all those people who think god wouldn't like it, doesn't god also teach us to be accepting?

ambnyc SILVER said...
on Aug. 20 2011 at 2:14 pm
ambnyc SILVER, Rego Park, New York
6 articles 0 photos 133 comments

Favorite Quote:
You know you're in love when you can't fall asleep because reality is finally better than your dreams. - Dr. Seuss

True, I didn't mean to generalize and say Christians. But most of homophobia is grounded in religious motivations; that's what I meant.