Perceptive | Teen Ink

Perceptive

By SN3RD BRONZE, Glendale, Arizona
SN3RD BRONZE, Glendale, Arizona

"I'm the bugs bunny, and if you ain't got my carrots, you ain't got nothin' for me!" --Nicki Minaj

Summary:

Reese starts the story in the middle of thirty second street and ends it in a loft right in the middle of New York City. It seems, Reese can't stay out of the middle of things. But would you be able to, if you were in a very powerful gang? Her boyfriend and father were drafted to war, her best friend died in front of her, and all she has left is a busy-bee mother and a bully type of a brother. What she doesn't know is--well you'll have to read to find out.

Allie rae J.

Perceptive

on Oct. 13 2017 at 9:09 am
aremmons1 BRONZE, Berkeley Springs, West Virginia

" you have nothing to fear but fear but fear its self." i know i did not say that but it is personal to me.

this is very good!! keep up the good work!! xoxo

Carlito1012 said...
Carlito1012, Bethlehem, Pennsylvania
I only got to read acouple of paragraphs and im already hooked. Great read im going to finish the rest when im home.

on Apr. 14 2014 at 8:14 am
WOWriting SILVER, Broadstairs, Other
I read this story with my family. It's a good, action-packed story and I want to see who is killing everybody. Grammar and punctuation could be improved a bit.

Icithra PLATINUM, Arlington, Massachusetts

The wastebasket is a writer's best friend. ~Isaac Bashevis Singer

Really nice story, great dialogue. The dialogue is exactly the way it would be in real life  

Gracieblue PLATINUM, Oak Park, Illinois
I can't wait to read more! I had to stop last night but I had to come back to finish reading it.

SHUP3Rt said...
on Mar. 18 2013 at 11:17 am
SHUP3Rt, Apopka, Florida
I loved this book and it kept me reading. Can't wait to read more.

SN3RD BRONZE said...
SN3RD BRONZE, Glendale, Arizona

Thank you. I just have to decide where to end the third chapter :P

Luv2Scribble said...
Luv2Scribble, Sterling, Virginia
This was amazingly good! Can't wait to read more!! :)

SN3RD BRONZE said...
SN3RD BRONZE, Glendale, Arizona

Thanks a million! The next chapters should be up shortly ^.^

SN3RD BRONZE said...
SN3RD BRONZE, Glendale, Arizona

Thank you so much! I'll stop slacking and submit the next chapter soon enough :P

JustEat BRONZE said...
JustEat BRONZE, Havertown, Pennsylvania
1 article 0 photos 1 comment

" The past is the past and never go back"

This is so detail and goood. Must book mark and wait for the next chapter

CaptainStar BRONZE, Estancia, New Mexico

Your limit is what you make it.

Snerd, this is very interesting and im eagerly waiting for your next chapter. Great writing and keep up the good work. Hurry up with that next chapter.

SN3RD BRONZE said...
SN3RD BRONZE, Glendale, Arizona

okay i think its time :)

YOU HAVE TO DO ANOTHER CHAPTER!

SN3RD BRONZE said...
SN3RD BRONZE, Glendale, Arizona

Lol i think i've recieved enough views. Umm and I can't take any of your ideas, although they are nice, Perceptives was completed over two years ago. :)

thetruthawaits94 SILVER, Duncan, Oklahoma

Life is not about waiting for the storm to pass, but learning to dance in the rain.

Sorry i didn't see this earlier! i loved reading this! i want more. please write more whether or not you get more views... none of my friends are on the site so i can't tell them about it or anything but i WILL think of something to help you out.

What about the gun thing though? Was that just to confuse me? If not, are you going to take my idea? because the only thing i can think of if annie survives that long from such a close range, she must be some sort of robot/droid! :D

SN3RD BRONZE said...
SN3RD BRONZE, Glendale, Arizona

Gosh thanks so much for the feedback! Do you think you can reccommend the reading to anyone? I want to post another chapter hoping someone will read it lol. Sometimes, like a few books or mysteries, the author will throw just a few things in to confuse or distract you from something else. And that just may be what I'm doing o.O lol Chapter 2 will be on it's way if i get a few more views

This really kept me on the edge of my seat. I wish i knew who did it, but i don't know! :(

There were a couple parts i thought were odd. When she went into the store to get the chips and the newspaper and she tell the guy her macily is dead and he just goes, "oh, i didn't know." Like it was a normal thing that happens on a day to day basis. Well, really what was the point of that scene?

Also, Annie was shot with the gun to her head. I was EXTREMELY shocked to find that she lived when her head was probably shattered into a thoussand pieces from a gunshot from an inch away. maybe you should specify where he shot her. Or have a telephone call to annies house to look oout the window, and then annie gets shot from a farther distance and not through the head, but through the chest. That would be more believable, i think.

Overall, this was a good read. (although, i really don't like reading on books on the computer, you know? I need to turn the pages!) I hope this isn't the end because i definitely still DO NOT have the answer of who it is. Which totally STINKS for me!!!!! I commend your great writing though... Also what was with the random boy on the subway? That got me thinking, who in the world is he??? :) WHO IS THE KILLER??? dun dun DUN!

SN3RD BRONZE said...
on Aug. 2 2011 at 11:27 am
SN3RD BRONZE, Glendale, Arizona

Please I need as much recognition as possible. If you read this please rate it and leave me a comment. Thank You.