Dear Topher | Teen Ink

Dear Topher

By ericaam2 BRONZE, Cheshire, Connecticut
ericaam2 BRONZE, Cheshire, Connecticut
1 article 0 photos 1 comment

"I'm not sure what I'll do, but -- well, I want to go places and see people. I want my mind to grow. I want to live where things happen on a big scale." -- F. Scott Fitzgerald

Summary:

Celia had never known anything other than using talent and ambition to fight her way to what she wants. After growing up involved in gang fighting, she finally is able to create a new life for herself through something she's always been after: a career as a musical theatre actress.
After a huge opportunity comes her way, Celia moves to Los Angeles to star in an innovative television show called Immortal Icon, which focuses on a fictional vocal competition reality show. The show starts to take off; Celia finds herself wrapped up in fame. She shortens her first name and changes her last name, going by Lia Speranza in the public eye, all while fighting the ghosts of her past.
There is one person who keeps bringing the positive aspects of the new reality in front of Lia to light. That person is her co-star, Topher Nix.
Flash forward four years, and millions of Immortal Icon fans wake up to heartbreaking news: Topher Nix is dead. Fans are distraught, confused, and in disbelief, but it is Lia who has to face the reality under the blinding spotlight. She imagines the life that she and Topher would had together, and through her grief, can feel that happily ever after ending that they would have had, as if that imaginary reality were becoming truly real.
In Lia's letter to Topher, she reveals all that they had been through together, and all they would have created. But most of all, she sees the light of another world for herself and Topher, through her remarkable ability to hope.

Erica M.

Dear Topher

ericaam2 BRONZE, Cheshire, Connecticut
1 article 0 photos 1 comment

Thank you! That's so kind! 

This is amazing!  I love how the window keeps coming up.  I hope that this gets published in the magazine - it's definitely good enough!  Congradulations on getting it onto Teen Ink :)  You're a really good writer!