Kiwi Link

introducingshelby
Kiwi Link
Summary: Kiwi's brother abuses her as a result of his accessive drinking and contained anger. Her parents are almost always away, and the only real grounding she has is from her two best friends, Rhett and Turner. Both boys EXTREMELY fond of Kiwi since kindergarten, the three kids question this particular stage in their life: Growing Up. Labeled as misfits and trouble makers in their hometown, the trio face inner and external conflicts.

This book has 10 comments. Post your own now!

Steph0804 said...
Oct. 2, 2011 at 1:15 am

Link... How could you do this to poor Kiwi D:

Love the story. Kiwi is such an endearing character :)

introducingshelby replied...
Aw thank you so much c: I'm always a little self conscious about this story.. It's one of my darker novels. Have you read the revised introduction? It's its own separate arictle (you can read it on my page if you'd like)!

Vanendra said...
Wow major epicness!!!! I loved it... Turner's my favorite character though because he seems to be the funniest xD keep writing please!!! <3

introducingshelby replied...
Sept. 27, 2011 at 11:14 am

Haha, thank you c:

Turner is a sweetheart.. They've all grown on me, I can't choose a favorite.. I've revised a lot of this story actually.. I'll post soon! Check in with me often :D

CarrieAnn13 said...
This is a fairly good start to your novel. Even though you're not from the south, you did a pretty good job with the dialogue, although it can be a bit hard to read. (This is probably because I'm Canadian and have had little exposure to people from the southern United States. ) Keep writing!

introducingshelby replied...
You'll only get a real enjoyment from the book if you just make up the accents in your head c:

CarrieAnn13 replied...
That's what I did! But I'm still unfamiliar with southern accents. Oh well, this is a great start. You write very well.

introducingshelby replied...
Sept. 27, 2011 at 11:18 am
Haha, you're right, the dialouge isn't an easy read. My grandmother is Southern, so I used the wording and phrases Kiwi and her friends use off that. Thank you, for the feedback :D I'm currently ediitng this story, to make it more reader friendly..

writerthinkerdreamer said...
really, really good! write more!

introducingshelby replied...
Gosh, thank you so much. I was a little worried people wouldnt like it, but thank you for at least reading through it. Much appreciated c: