Home > Novel (Fiction) > Realistic Fiction > The Art of Letting Go

The Art of Letting Go

HudaZavery
The Art of Letting Go
Summary:

Emilia McLaughlin would have never guessed that the she would have to make the biggest decision of her life after her own death. Emilia and her parents died in a tragic and mysterious house fire, and the only lucky survivor was Adam, her older brother. When Emilia and her parents are brought up to Heaven, Emilia is granted the choice to bring anyone from Earth to join herself and her family in Heaven. The story follows three people; Adam, Zooey, and April, and the journeys on which they embark to try to overcome their own personal challenges, as well as how they master the art of letting go.

This book has 4 comments. Post your own now!

TravelerenRoute This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
Jul. 31, 2015 at 9:04 am
This is incredible writing! I am only on the very first bit now, but I will continue to read it! Thank you.

apoetsmind said...
This is amazing, I haven't been on this site for a good while so I read your comment on my story very late and it led me here. But seriously, you're such a talented writer. I love what you wrote about and the way you put words together :)

Hanban12This teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
I really like the concept of this story, you take the idea of afterlife and really put a new twist on it. I do agree with some of the points Donna suggested, but at the same time, it all comes down to your vision and how you prefer your readers to see it. I can tell you worked very hard on this, so be proud and keep writing! :)

The_DoctorDonna said...
This is a really great novel, and a very creative concept behind it. However, if you would like to have this published someday, I have some suggestions to improve it just a little. First of all, keep your voice consistent. I like that you have Emilia narrating. However, if this is the case then you are more restricted. Emilia can not possibly know other people's thoughts, or whether someone's hands are cold or hot. In order to keep the descriptive details (which are very good!) you need to eithe... (more »)