The Ire In Viremia

Author's note: I had the idea at a sleepover with my friends.
Author's note: I had the idea at a sleepover with my friends.  « Hide author's note
Chapters:   « Previous 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... 35 Next »

Kidnapped

Georgia Borvolo’s short blonde hair was shining like gold in the afternoon sun. Her eyes were a comfortable chocolate brown that just made her husband melt under her gaze. Her skin was smooth and creamy like the froth on a cup of coffee, which, by the way, she would kill to have one right now from having been up basically all night. Her lips were full and pink, turned up in a sad smile as she waved farewell to her husband as he drove off in a blue Ford Fiesta, heading to the school at which he worked at.
Her six-year-old daughter, Mervie, had her same fair coloured tresses that hung in perfect ponytails on each side, just as she had requested from her mother. She had also inherited Georgia’s eyes, which were even deeper then hers, and looked like orbs of Nutella. She had a toothy grin between red lips after drinking raspberry cordial all day, and she retained the whitest teeth you had ever seen; they were practically glowing as she beamed at her daddy.
He was leaving for work and would not be back in months when he could come back for the holidays. They would both miss him, but they would manage with just the two of them, while he would feel lost without his family, but they needed the money, so he worked. Georgia was lucky, in a way, because her job wasn’t so far from home, and it had a decent wage as well, so she could pay for someone to babysit her little angel.
Georgia flicked a strand of hair behind her ear, which poked out like a spike, which was usually what happened when you had elf blood in you.
Her husband had rounded the corner, and the roar of the car was fading into the distance.
She was just about to withdraw to her cool air-conditioned house and surprise Mervie by making a fresh batch of chocolate-chip cookies, when someone grabbed her forcefully and rammed a black bag over her head.
She was blind and disoriented by the suddenness, but she felt the man’s rough hands on her arms, leading her in a direction she wasn’t sure of.
She heard Mervie shrieking at her side, and she knew that her beloved daughter was receiving the same abuse, and it killed her inside.
The screams stopped abruptly as one of the goons hit the child unconscious and tears welled up in Georgia’s eyes at the thought of them hurting her baby. The tears soaked the bag and made her eyelashes sticky.
Anger soon replaced her fear and sorrow, and she lashed out at the men, kicking and flailing about, cursing and trying to bite through the course material. Anything to cause them damage, for she knew she could never win this fight, and doing anything was better than letting them take her away silently.
One of the men swore loudly as she managed to sink her teeth into his wrist, and kicked her in the back of her knee, making her sag in his arms.
She continued to fight, but he was much stronger, and overpowered her.
He soon got tired of her antics and she felt something hard smash into her head, and a pang of skull-splitting pain enveloped her mind before everything went black.
...
Mr Borvolo smiled to himself at the picture of his loving wife and daughter waving to him as he drove away.
He was always sad to leave them, but the picture of their last meeting kept him going. He stored it away in his mind for later reflection, and it was almost like a photo album in his head that he could flip through.
His phone beeped unexpectedly, and he picked it up.
He grinned when he saw the caller ID. It was Georgia, obviously missing him already.
He held the phone to his ear.
‘Hey Georgie, miss me?’ he sang into the receiver, his heart full.
‘Your wife and child are being held captive,’ a gravelly voice replied, getting straight to the point with not an ounce of delaying.
Arktik froze, smile wiped from his face, replaced with a horror-struck expression, mouth popped open, eyes wide and everything.
He recovered. ‘Who is this?’ he roared. ‘What have you done with my family?’
His heart was pumping in his chest and he wanted to kill whoever touched his precious Georgia and Mervie.
‘Mr Borvolo, if you want them to be safe, I suggest you shut up and listen.’
Arktik nodded, remembered he was on his phone and said, “yes”.
His voice was wavering with just that one word.
‘Good...’ The man said, then continued to tell him everything, and at the end of it, Arktik was shaking so badly he almost crashed.

HEY HEY HEY! said...
Jun. 3, 2011 at 7:30 am:
this is absolutely brilliant! I love it! :D

KurlzBasheld replied...
Jun. 3, 2011 at 11:55 pm :
haha, thanks very much! :D

Warning: Unknown: open(/var/lib/php5/sess_hrvkam9govubqrdtq6sd88a7b3, O_RDWR) failed: No space left on device (28) in Unknown on line 0 Warning: Unknown: Failed to write session data (files). Please verify that the current setting of session.save_path is correct (/var/lib/php5) in Unknown on line 0