Home > Novel (Fiction) > Action-Adventure > The Legend of the Batbark Woods

The Legend of the Batbark Woods

Eric C.
The Legend of the Batbark Woods
Summary: 14-year old Miles and 12-year old Katrina are brother and sister, and they get along great. Then one day, when they're walking home from school, Katrina vanishes.
Miles teams up with his best friend Randall to find Katrina, and the truth they uncover is far worse than anyone could imagine.

Since I wrote this in sixth grade, it's at a worse writing level than my other book Infinity, but I hope you like it anyway!

Please post your comments!

This book has 29 comments. Post your own now!

Barnowl14This teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
This is super interesting and well thought-out. I like that you added the Headless Horseman as the main bad guy! The titl is eye-catching, too.

kingofwritersThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. replied...
Thanks! :)

vazenitran98 said...
Apr. 1, 2012 at 11:05 am
I didn't really read the whole thing. I enjoyed the beginning however.

You'll definitely enjoy the rest of it, even though I wrote it in sixth grade.

Winged.Living.Free.This teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
OMG!!! YOu got # ! today!!!! I'm SOOOO happy for you!!! Great job!!!!!!!!!!!! :)(: :D

Thanks! :)

Hey Kingofwriters! (its writerfreak, I just changed my name) You should Roleplay with me on the forums! It would be really fun! :)(:

Mar. 4, 2012 at 7:10 am

Roleplay? Sorry, I haven't been on TeenInk in a while; I've been more focused on other things. :/

So, anyway, how do you roleplay on the forums?

Winged.Living.Free.This teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. replied...
Mar. 4, 2012 at 7:57 am
You go to the regular forums and scroll down and roleplay (RP) is there. Check out the hitchhikers guide, it tells you all the rulers of RP and then check out some RP's and see how it works. I am already in one.  Its really fun! :)(:

Mar. 4, 2012 at 8:01 am
Okay, I'll try it out! :)

Reignbow.Rebel said...
Mar. 3, 2012 at 8:36 am
WOW. . . Just. . . wow. . .  I'm inarticulate.

I changed my user name from writerfreak21231 to Winged.Lving.Free. Love Your work!!!! :)(:

Oops! Winged.Living.Free. :)(:

kingofwritersThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
Dec. 21, 2011 at 7:21 am

Okay, I know a lot of you think this is good, but does anyone think I should rewrite it?

It's not that it's bad, it's just that I want to make it better. So who thinks I should rewrite it in a different way, and who thinks it's perfect the way it is?

Also, I was thinking if I were to rewrite it, I would have the introduction where Ichabod Crane gets captured by the Headless Horseman and we get little tidbits of the Batbark Woods along the way.

Tell me what you think!

MAXIMUMRIDEFOREVER said...
Great story! I really liked this! :)(:

Dec. 21, 2011 at 7:17 am
Thanks!        

Jappyalldayeveryday said...
This is really good! You have a great imagination. Also, it's really impressive that you wrote this in sixth grade.

Thanks! :)

Oh, by the way, I followed your idea to put George's mom in Infinity. At first, I thought it would be kind of weird to put her in without talking about her at least a little bit first, but I think I did a good job with it.

Tell me what you think when Infinity: Part Three comes out! (Unfortunately, it might be a while before it gets on TeenInk. :/   )