Ironheart | Teen Ink

Ironheart

January 21, 2015
By Hetzer BRONZE, Savage, Minnesota
Hetzer BRONZE, Savage, Minnesota
1 article 0 photos 6 comments

Summary:

World War 2 has never ended.

Through the years, history has taken a much different turn, and what was once known as the second world war quickly devolved into a pure conflict between the Federalist forces of Russia, and the Imperialist forces of Germany, with America and Britain remaining silent in the face of the ongoing war.

Airplanes had never been invented, making international connections far more difficult, and also establishing tanks as the sole rulers of the battlefield. Russian and German forces continued to clash in massive battles of armored vehicles for over sixty years. Nothing got better, and the war never showed signs of ending anytime soon. With the inevitable deaths of the faction’s leaders, entirely new governments were set in place, the Nazi party becoming the Imperialist regime, and the Communist party changing to the Federalist party. With constant war bringing the advances of new technology to a snails’ pace, war became the main economic factor for both of these nations, and until one eventually fell the two sides would be reliant on it as their main source of commerce.

The rest of the world lived on, Japan reforming its navy and securing its borders, and Italy joining with the Imperialist forces officially. A massive line of naval guns was constructed around the borders of all of Europe and Asia, leaving just one truly vulnerable gap in the continents’ defenses: the Suez Canal. In retaliation to this, the council of Imperialist rulers voted to established the largest garrison of bunkers and men possible in order to stave off a possible invasion from overseas. And so the Suez Garrison was born, recruiting troops to man it from all across Europe, promising generous benefits to those who helped man it. Ever since the founding of the garrison in 1956, no country had even attempted to invade. The year is now 2017, and the isolated armies of Germany and Russia were about to face an invasion the size of which no one could ever have predicted.

World War 2 was about to end once and for all. Now, the proper term was ‘armageddon.’


Hetzer

Ironheart


Similar books


JOIN THE DISCUSSION

This book has 4 comments.


on Mar. 9 2015 at 6:34 pm
Allen. PLATINUM, Palo Alto, California
32 articles 9 photos 525 comments

Favorite Quote:
[i]No matter how much people try to put you down or make you think other things about yourself, the only person you can trust about who you really are is you[/i] -Crusher-P

Very well written. Personally, I am not one for historical fiction, but this has a lot of detail and effort put into it. My only critique is to perhaps edit the flow of it in certain places. It can sound choppy at times.

jamie. BRONZE said...
on Mar. 6 2015 at 12:43 pm
jamie. BRONZE, Masfield, Ohio
1 article 0 photos 34 comments
OMG I am in love with your writing I wish I could write like this It is amazing How this is written and the Summary got me Hooked I hope you share more of you writtings.

on Feb. 6 2015 at 5:22 pm
BreeZephyr SILVER, Broken Arrow, Oklahoma
7 articles 0 photos 84 comments

Favorite Quote:
“In the moment when I truly understand my enemy, understand him well enough to defeat him, then in that very moment I also love him...it's impossible to really understand somebody, what they want, what they believe, and not love them the way they love themselves.” - Orson Scott Card, Ender's Game

@Hetzer I enjoyed reading this! I love the premise and I hope that you continue to take the time to write within the world you've created. Your writing has a nice flow, too. I hope you continue with this book!

on Feb. 5 2015 at 9:30 am
CNBono17 SILVER, Rural, South Carolina
5 articles 0 photos 248 comments

Favorite Quote:
Lego ergo sum (Latin—I read, therefore, I am)
The pen is mightier than the sword—unknown
Don't let anyone look down on you because you are young, but set an example for believers in speech, in conduct, in love, in faith, and in purity—1 Timothy 4:12

I'm hooked. Well-concieved and well-executed. Keep it up; I'll be looking for the next chapters:)