Home > Novel (Fiction) > Action-Adventure > The Barefoot Bandit

The Barefoot Bandit

Seshat
The Barefoot Bandit
Summary: For thirteen year old Lee Simmons, life has been truly good: she does well in school, she has lots of friends, parents who are always there for her, and, best of all, she shares her grandfather's passion for the sea.
That is, until recently...
Less than a year after her grandfather dies in an accident, Lee's parents are forced to sell her one and only inheritance from him: his beloved sailboat, the Treasurer. For Lee, her grandfather's death was heartbreaking - and selling his sailboat? Not without a fight. But her determination doesn't seem to be getting her very far, and soon things are starting to look pretty grim for the old Treasurer and her keeper.
When along comes a bandit...
The Barefoot Bandit is everything Lee is not: moody, secretive, observant, and, quite clearly, a thief. Thrown together by stubbornness and the will to never say die, can this unlikely duo learn to live together long enough for Lee to find a way to escape? And can she hold back her curiosity until then? And what's this talk about a treasure? It will take all her will-power to find out.
Meanwhile, there are more dangerous foes than the police on their tails...

AnInkling said...
The book seems like it has a lot of potential and I enjoyed reading it! However, I would suggest varing your sentances more and using other begining words rather than mostly nouns (like "ly" words, "ing" words, or a preposition, or phrase). Also you may want to consider making the parents a little bit more realistic instead of the don't-understand-anything-but-leaves-their-kid-alone parents as it is a bit stereotypical. But I did enjoy reading you book very much!

Seshat replied...
Nov. 13, 2013 at 9:26 am :
Thank you all very much for your advice and support, and for getting straight to the point!  Most of the feedback I've gotten previously has been the beat-around-the-bush sort - It's nice, but not very helpful.  Thank you!

WishfulDoerThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
Sept. 24, 2013 at 12:11 am:
Let me start off by saying I LOVE the title. It really makes a reader wonder what the book could be about. Your hook was great, and it pulls the reader in. Your detail was impeccable. I adore how you portray the barefoot bandit within the first paragraph, and get straight to the point in describing him.  I didn't get too far in but from what I can see it's great.

vegetariangirlThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
This is a great story! Excellent sentence structure, and vocab.

Gr8Books said...
Wow...what a cool book.  Nicely done.  I can't wait to find out what happens next!

Seshat replied...
Nov. 13, 2013 at 9:27 am :
Thank you!