Brown Sugar | Teen Ink

Brown Sugar

January 27, 2017
By ACLEW2121 GOLD, Defiance, Ohio
ACLEW2121 GOLD, Defiance, Ohio
10 articles 0 photos 0 comments

Favorite Quote:
~Motivation will always beat mere talent.


Adorned in jet black and ivory white silky soft hair beads, “Elmo” overalls, an 2007 “Bobby Jack” hot pink flip-flops, this sadly was my treacherous outfit for the first day of the second grade. Why my parents let me wear this ridiculous outfit is still a mystery to me this day. I strutted up the slate stony path with my ridged salmon “Barbie” lunchbox in my hand to school where I would catch my first love.  I come from “not knowing what love is,” but I fell in love at the age of eight.  Devin was and probably still is the cutest, most dreamy boy in school history! No doubt that if there were a “pretty boy contest,” he would be awarded grand prize and then some.


Sharing food is not my forte, but when Devin uttered a request of me during snack time I cared , “I’ll be your boyfriend if you give me your goldfish.”
 

I looked into his dreamy hazel eye sockets and replied, “Yeah sure,” with a giddy grin. Everyone knows at eight-years-old that boys carry the terrible “cooties” apparently it appears to be like having the most flaming red volcanic disease known to man. I didn’t care. Bam! Just like that I was in love. His brown swept hair gave me chills, and his sugar plump lips moved just perfectly. He possesssed a nasty gangly booger drooping from his nose, but I didn’t mind. Here’s the funny aspect about my thinking I was in love. The whole world shut down and “LOVE” was etched so deeply in my soul. I was gone forever.


Our hands electrically pulsated while he led me to class. We embraced each other when we had to say goodbye. I sure didn’t wish to ever let him go. The great halls of school were filled with butterflies and squishy hearts of our powerful affection towards one another. He glanced at me at me as if I had been everything he ever wanted. His grin could send me into a trance that would be unbelievevably unimagniable. It was as if I were a wandering girl and he was my liberator to save me from the lonlinesss. He was my boyfriend and all the green envious girls whispered, “Why her?” and “What does she have that I don’t?”


When the day was over, I walk outside , looking left and right for my companion. My copper vibrant eyes caught his the gaze which led to an agreement to waltz over to him beneath the great oak tree. My light feathery footsteps led me on the journey to a legendary love. His outfit which contained a stone gray shirt, camoflauge shorts, and his egg-white sneakers made him look like a man.. He took my jittery hands and pushed the beads out of my face, drifted forward and kissed my lips ever so delicately. My face blossomed with a lovely sensation; my eyes still closed from the rush of emotions that took off throughout my body. I peeled my eyes gently open and stared at my hero. He opened his mouth swiftly and charmingly announced, “Oh my, you’re sweet like brown sugar.”