Wrong Door! | Teen Ink

Wrong Door!

August 29, 2009
By Anonymous

It was 4th grade. My classmates and I were just getting back from lunch. At my elementary school, when you got into fourth grade, you had a different teacher for either Science or Social Studies, depending on who your “real” teacher was. This means that you only had a half a year of each. We had just finished our science unit and it was the time of year we would switch. I had science the first part of the year and so now I would be switching over to social studies that meant a different teacher. I had heard that the teacher I was going to have for social studies was very mean and hard. I was so nervous to go to her classroom that I forgot to use the bathroom on the way back to class. Most of the teachers will let you out of class if you forget to “do your business” before class starts, as long it didn’t become a habit. When we got to social studies, we took our seats and class began. Her classroom smelt like lemon scented cleaner and it looked like someone had spent their entire day cleaning. Everything was organized and neat. You could almost feel her no-nonsense attitude as soon as you walked through the door. The teacher started with an introduction to her class. She spoke in a very loud voice, and said very clearly that we were not permitted to leave her class unless instructed to by her. I suddenly realized that I had to go to the bathroom very badly! What was I going to do? I would just have to wait until she sat at her desk and then go over to her and explain my problem. She would understand… I hoped. As soon as I got the opportunity I went over and asked her in my politest voice if could please use the bathroom. She said I should have used it before I came to class. I explained it was an emergency; she didn’t seem to really care. I started to feel so frustrated! What was the matter with this lady?! It was silent in the classroom. I must have been being pretty loud. She sent me to my seat and went back to the board. A few minutes later, I just couldn’t hold it anymore. I told her this when she went back to her seat. She said yes, but very irritably. I ran out of the classroom before she could get the chance to say more. I rushed down the hallway and into…. The boys bathroom. I was so humiliated! I saw a teacher and a couple of boys just staring in shock. My feet felt like they had been planted there. Then the teacher kind of cleared his throat. That set me free. I sprinted out of the guys bathroom and into the girls before I did something else stupid!