Crash! | Teen Ink

Crash!

By rio vega BRONZE, Snoqualmie, Washington
rio vega BRONZE, Snoqualmie, Washington

Rio vega

Crash!

“Hi mom” is what I said when I entered the front doors to the hospital and saw my mom waiting. I had broken my left collar bone which created a pretty big obstacle for me. The way I broke it was kind of weird but here is my story.

It was in the 6th grade and I was in the last period of the day and we were in gym playing a game. All you had to do was get on the other teams side and steal their “gold”. I was really hyper and I had gotten some of their gold and was rushing back to my team’s side. I was going to attempt to run and do a flip in the air and land into a summersault but I failed and landing on my collar bone. I was taken to the hospital in an ambulance and the rest I already told you.

I was supposed to wear a sling for four or six weeks I can’t remember. It was very difficult to do things I normally did with the sling on. I couldn’t move my left arm at all so I had do everything with my right arm. It was very hard and I couldn’t help my family when they needed heavy lifting or help doing work.

During the third week though I didn’t like the sling so much I took it off and left my arm just hang. That was a very big mistake I made. Now my collar bone hurts every once in a while and I have a bump that I can feel. It gets hard to deal with all the time.

It creates a new obstacle every day now that I made this mistake. This was a very hard obstacle to overcome. I’ve learned from this and have more patience now.