The worst day of school | Teen Ink

The worst day of school

April 20, 2009
By Erin Bollendorf BRONZE, Hatboro, Pennsylvania
Erin Bollendorf BRONZE, Hatboro, Pennsylvania
1 article 0 photos 0 comments

The Worst Day of School


It was a cold and windy fall day. I was in fourth grade in my old school Saint John Bosco. I hopped out of the car “Bye Mom!” I yelled as she drove away. I ran in the front doors and saw my friends waiting for me. “Hi guys!” I said “Hi!” my friends said and we started to walk down the hallway to our classroom. The hallway was so loud as always and you could barley hear yourself think. My friend Casey said to me “Erin, your shoe is untied.” “I will tie it when we get in the classroom, thanks though.” I replied. Well, I was wrong.

We were still walking in the hallway down to my class and my friend Jenny Baumer was telling us jokes. As we were walking and laughing I stepped on my shoelace and fell on my face. ”Are you okay Erin?” my friends asked me. Well I wasn’t because I had a bloody nose and blood got on my uniform. I looked up from the floor and I saw that everyone was staring at me. I got up tied my shoe, put my backpack back on my back, and ran to my classroom. I didn’t say anything to my friends. I put my stuff at my desk when I got in the classroom, got a tissue for my nose, and went up to the teacher and asked for a nurse’s pass to get my nose cleaned up. I started to walk down the hallway and I saw my friends I walked right by because and I didn’t say anything to them. They were laughing and I thought they were laughing at me so I didn’t talk to them for the rest of the morning.

During lunch they came up to me and asked “So how is your nose?” “Fine!” I yelled “I saw you laughing at me when I was on my way to the nurse.” “We weren’t laughing at you Jenny told another joke.” My friends said “O well I was mad at you because I thought you were laughing at me. I’m sorry do you guys forgive me?” “Yes we forgive you. But next time you should ask us before you assume something.” My friends said “Ok guys do you want to go outside and play soccer?” I asked “Sure!” they said and then we went outside to play soccer with everyone else.


The author's comments:
i hope people will be able to see my writing piece because i put effort forward to right this.