Dream Job | Teen Ink

Dream Job

In America each year there are over 5.4 million cases of  nonmelanoma skin cancer. That is only one type of skin cancer. Dermatologists help people with cancer and other skin diseases every day.They do facials, they recommend skin care, they prescribe skin care or medication. They also do skin examinations and tests. I have always wanted to make a difference and do something to positively impact someone's life. Being a dermatologist I could positively impact someone's life everyday and make a difference. My dream job is being a dermatologist because they help people with any skin issues they may have,  I have always been interested in skin care,  and I want to work in a hospital setting.

I have always wanted a career that would allow me to help people and make a difference in their lives. Being a dermatologist I could do that. Helping to cure someone of cancer drastically changes their lives for the better. Cancer can cause a lot of problems in a person's life it can even cause death. There are about 3.5 million cases of skin cancer a year and that's just one specific kind of skin Cancer.  Melanoma accounts for over 73000 cases in 2015. If I can cure or even just help one of those people I will feel like I'm making a difference in the world. Minor skin issues affect people's lives too. A minor skin issue like acne can really affect someone's life. It can have psychological issues such as low self esteem, depression and anxiety.It can also cause permanent scarring. Finding a way to get rid of someone's acne will give them more self confidence and make a difference in their life. Acne is the most common skin problem in America affecting 40-50 million people a year. If I can help just one of those 50 million people I will feel like i'm making a difference in the world.

Because I have always been interested in all things cosmetology I've also been very interested in skin care and making sure my skin stays healthy. Being a dermatologist is all about taking care of people's skin. Dermatologists work with a lot of people who have acne. A lot of the time acne can be treated with skin care, so going into the job, I would be learning more about skin care. Acne is usually cured by skin care routines or a prescription of some sort so I would be working with skin care whenever treating a patient with acne. Being a dermatologist I would learn new things about skin care all the time. It would be interesting for me to learn about things that i'm interested in on the job. Being a dermatologist I would be learning about skin care everyday which will give me a better experience on the job because I am interested in skin care.

Working in a hospital setting has always been important to me. Because I have often worried about careers being boring I think working in a hospital would be a good fit for me because it is exciting. Most of my life it has been difficult for me to decide a career because most of them seem boring but working in a hospital setting you are always seeing something new and it is not a boring setting. Working in a hospital gives you a lot of opportunities to learn new things. If you have ever seen the show grey's anatomy or any hospital show like that you see that doctors get to experience a lot of different things.

Being a dermatologist helps people by helping them with skin diseases they may have. A lot of the job is working with skin care which has always interested me. You get to work in a hospital setting which I've always wanted to do because it is an exciting, fast paced environment. I  have always wanted a career that helps people and being a dermatologist helps a lot of people everyday. Being a dermatologist is my dream job because it makes a difference.

"Skin Cancer Facts." Skin Cancer Facts. N.p., n.d. Web. 09 Feb. 2016.
"Acne." Acne. N.p., n.d. Web. 09 Feb. 2016.
"Skin Cancer Foundation." Skin Cancer Facts. N.p., n.d. Web. 09 Feb. 2016.