The New Girl This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine.

“Don’t worry. Lots of kids have moved here and made new friends in the blink of an eye,” my new teacher tells me. “Oh, and don’t be concerned about your braces. Most everyone has them here.”

Great. Even my new teacher thinks I’m a nerd, and he hasn’t even known me for five minutes. If my teacher thinks that, I can’t imagine what the rest of the class is going to think.

I wonder what kind of speech he gave them about me, “The New Girl.” He probably made it sound like I’m some kind of freak with weird allergies whose dad just died and everyone should be nice to me.

I wish I was back with my friends at my other school, where everyone knew me and I was the one hearing the new-kid speeches.

The bell rings, and the class piles in. Maybe if I don’t move, they won’t see me. Oh, well, it was a nice try. Everyone stares like I’m some kind of alien.

This weird girl walks in and says, “Hi, my name is Alicia.”

“Um, I’m Annie,” I say.

She makes a really weird face and says, “Hi, Annie. You can sit with us at lunch today if you want.”

What a dork …

Maybe this new school won’t be so bad after all.

Alantis said...
MonkeyMan that was mega rude. I think this was a very well written and excuted piece of work. Dont put people down like that. 

Kidlet This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
Oct. 31, 2011 at 9:16 am
I love it. Keep it up. :)

Pumpkinscout said...
Agreed. Dude, if you have a suggestion to make this better, state it, but it's so abnoxious to bash and say rude stuff. This is for people who are politely commenting ways to improve others' work and things like that.

Atticus This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
Says the person who can't spell 'writing' correctly.

Pumpkinscout said...
Dang it, someone deleted their comment that I was agreeing with...now it looks like I'm agreeing with MonkeyMan. I am so not. Atticus has a point. 

lit.rox This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
Oct. 31, 2011 at 6:11 am
nice article!

Chibi-Alexis said...
Oct. 21, 2011 at 8:32 am
This story is so cute.  I had to go through this at least 5 times in my life and next year I'm going to college and doing it at least once more!  I loved reading this!

youngbleezy said...
this story really relates to me. I used to live New York for six years and then I suddenly had to move down to utah where wverything had changed i had no friends at all and i have to live with my new foster parents that were total strangers and i didnt know anything about the place and i felt like i was in a cage.when it was the first day of school i felt like i was in a maze and there was know way out of it but after a month or so it got easier and i had made some incredible friends. so i ... (more »)

noonanll said...
i dont agree at all with you i like it just the way it was

Victoria.S said...
This is a really good story! You should continue writing! :)

Pumpkinscout said...
This is cute and funny and ya NYClove13 has a point you could make a nice novel out of this!

NYClove13 This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
Oct. 9, 2011 at 8:22 am
Great article! It's sounds like the beginning of a novel, have you ever considered building up on this? 

1124232 said...

ggkfkgjkxxdlkfp;xhjnfdjffgjl;jpfdjgcjhsevjedjjfdrtgb

fkggg

chaoools said...

this was a good artical is really spoak to me.

youtubehunter said...
Eau Claire is my birthplace! i love u

hunteriscool2 said...
sup!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

TheWildeOne said...
Sept. 25, 2011 at 10:22 am
This sounds like it could be the start of a novel.

ksaurus200 said...
haha totaly get those of us considered weird ar ussaly the best 2 be with

prettygirl_15 said...
Aug. 26, 2011 at 11:57 am
I can relate to how you were feeling (except for the death of your father). I moved like 3 times (almost 4) but everything worked out fine.

iW0ntRunThisTime said...
Aug. 4, 2011 at 7:47 am
I've been the new kid 5 times, but... I can't relate to this story. I don't feel the power... But, then again, I never struggled with "new kid blues".