GE Academy: Episode Five: I am going to GE Acadamy | Teen Ink

GE Academy: Episode Five: I am going to GE Acadamy

By Alexisthepencil SILVER, Thornville, Ohio
Alexisthepencil SILVER, Thornville, Ohio

It's the unknown we fear when we look upon death and darkness. -Dumbledore

Jaya Richards disappeared for over a year. When she returns she can’t remember a thing from the past year and has supernatural powers. Earlier in the day she was at the physiatrist office when she got mad at the physiatrist she ends up throwing books and other hard stuff at her with her mind before Jaya loses consciousness. I wake up with my head throbbing severely. I am lying on a couch in an unknown room. Then everything that happened before I blacked out comes plummeting back into my memory. Where am I is the first question that comes into my mind. I get off of the couch and fold the small blanket that was lying on me. I’m in a big room. The walls and floor are brown. There is a bookshelf in the corner. There are a few pictures of the white house and past presidents on the wall. There is a mirror in the corner. I approach it and take a look at myself. My scars are more red than than they were a few hours ago, giving me the look of being in great pain. Luckily I feel a lot better than I look. I do feel weak and shaky though. I sit back down on the couch and pull up the blanket. If I had learned anything from the past week it was that I could do nothing to stop the chain of events that were coming my way. I lied my head back and let my mind wander. It wasn’t long before I heard the door in the corner of the room open. In walked my Father, mom and a official looking man. I sat up started to feel my nerves rise again.  “Jaya are you ok” my mom asked taking a seat next to me and holding her hand against my forehead. I nodded  “Where are we” I asked not looking at mom but at the official looking man sitting in the chair across from me. He smiled and held his hand out for me to shake.  “I am General Stewart and you are at the state capital. We heard about the incident in the psychiatric office and we had to come in and check it out.” I could tell by mom and fathers facial expressions this was not good.  “We explained to you General Wallner, that her powers are only small, that she can hardly move a pencil and that the lady working there just over reacted” said my father. General Stewart smiled and nodded his head.  “Yes I am sure sent her self to the hospital and diagnosed herself with the hidden medical degree she had under the name of George Wallner . Now if you don’t mind Mr. Richards I am talking to Jaya not you.” Yep fear was definitely the number one emotion I was feeling at the moment and I wanted out of there. My mom grabbed onto my hand and gave it a squeeze. If I was to tell any lies or stories I was sure I was going to get caught here, and I was in enough trouble for injuring a human being, let alone lying to a government official, I don’t think so. I kept my head down so I wouldn’t need to make eye contact.  “Jaya tell me, what happened back at the office.” My hands started to sweat, I kept my eyes diverted towards the ground.   “Um, well um, I got in a fight and, um,” I stammered. Goodness I was bad at this. I pulled my hair back and started fidgeting with my fingers.  “Jaya we heard about your ability. Its nothing to be scared of. Actually there are quite a few children who have abilities just like you.” I looked up in interest. Other children just like me. Did they go missing for a year too? I wanted to meet these children. I wanted to know why we were like this. But mom and father were still scared so I needed to be cautious.  “Why haven't I heard of anyone like me before?” I ask keeping eye contact with him.  “We try to keep them unknown for their protection. If you like you can meet them. But first I need to do a test on you. To see how strong your powers are. It is for you safety.” My nerves started to climb up again. What kind of test was that why my mom was upset.  “What kind of test” I croaked. General Stewart chuckled.  “Don’t worry it won’t hurt. It’s just like a xray. It scans over you and reads the electrical magical charges in you. It will tell what type of powers you have and how strong they are. It won’t hurt at all.” I give General a weak smile to show that I was willing to do the test.  “Ok then let's go Mr., Mrs. Richards do you mind.” They nodded and General Stewart led me out of the room we walled down a long hallway. I saw a few people walking around with folders they all stopped what they were doing and stared at me and General Stewart. He lead me into a dark room in the middle there was a silver metal tube. There was several cords sticking out of it they were attached to the wall. General Stewart opened the tube up. The walls were padded and the tube seemed rather small. General Stewart indicated for me to stand in the middle of it.  “Just relax you will be perfectly fine.” I got in and held my breath as he closed the door. The padded walls moved into a mold that perfectly fitted my frame. A minute passed when I felt the walls vibrate. A blue light filled my eyes. In a minute I felt the wall receding and the door open. I stepped out feeling dizzy I started to sway. General Stewart ran over and grabbed onto me to keep me from falling over.  “Are you ok” General Stewart asked. I nodded still clutching onto him. He guided me back into the room mom and father were in. The second I stepped in father ran over and helped me onto the couch.  “I thought you said it was like an xray, a xray does not make a person week” my father shouted.  “Sometimes the electrical charges can make a person week but she is perfectly alright. I need to talk to you and your wife if you will step outside with me.” My mother was sitting next to me and holding my head.  “I don’t think we should leave Jaya alone” She spoke peacefully rubbing my head.  “Your daughter will be fine we have some pressing issues to discuss.” My father opened his mouth to protest but General Stewart lifted his hand up and said  “This is an order.” My father face turned red with anger, but he nodded his head and helped my mom up. Mom helped me lie down and covered me up and left with General Stewart.  They were gone for about two hours. I got strength back quickly. So I read for awhile. When they came back my parents face were extremely grave. I placed the book I was reading down and moved over so they could both sit next to me. General Stewart sat down across from us.  “Jaya I and your parents have been talking and we believe you deserve to know the truth, but you mustn't tell anyone this. You see Jaya there has been this evil group called the G,M,Y. They kidnap children children and change their DNA so they have abilities like yours. We don’t know who is incharge of this, but we know a few his or her followers. We don’t know at this point why they are doing this, but we are doing are best to stop it. This has been going on for five years. I am so sorry it happened to you. Fortunately we have had experts spend time with these youth and we have found out tricks to control your powers. You see we have this school set up its called GE Acadamy. Short for Genetically Engineered Academy. We have children just like you going there. It is the only way we can teach you how to control your powers. I don’t mean to scare you but we have had children with weaker powers than you who has accidentally killed a person. These powers are not to be taken lightly. But it is you choice here are some pamphlets on GE Acadamy, take a look at them, if you want to go call me.” He handed over a few pamphlets and then turned to mom and father.  “Thank you Mr. and Mrs, Richards you can go home now. Jaya please make a decision soon.”  Mom and father were quiet the whole ride home. I looked over the pamphlet. If I went to GE Academy I would have to leave home and live in the dorm system they had set up. I didn’t know if I wanted to leave but I thought of what General Stewart said about how kids like me have accidentally killed someone before. I couldn’t stand the quietness any more I had to talk to mom and father.  “Mom, father, what should I do I’m scared if I don’t do this I may never be able to control this. But if I do I will be leaving you.” I saw tears appear in my father's eyes. He was the first to speak.  “Jaya this isn’t about me or your mom. It’s about you. If you are scared of this power of yours and feel like you can’t control it you should go. We will miss you but we will always be here for you.” Mom nodded her head and then turned around and a gave a tearful smile. I couldn’t leave this. But I couldn’t stay either and risk their lives. I had to go they knew it, I knew it. I am going to GE Acadamy.

I wake up with my head throbbing severely. I am lying on a couch in an unknown room. Then everything that happened before I blacked out comes plummeting back into my memory. Where am I is the first question that comes into my mind. I get off of the couch and fold the small blanket that was lying on me. I’m in a big room. The walls and floor are brown. There is a bookshelf in the corner. There are a few pictures of the white house and past presidents on the wall. There is a mirror in the corner. I approach it and take a look at myself. My scars are more red than than they were a few hours ago, giving me the look of being in great pain. Luckily I feel a lot better than I look. I do feel weak and shaky though. I sit back down on the couch and pull up the blanket. If I had learned anything from the past week it was that I could do nothing to stop the chain of events that were coming my way. I lied my head back and let my mind wander. It wasn’t long before I heard the door in the corner of the room open. In walked my Father, mom and a official looking man. I sat up started to feel my nerves rise again.  “Jaya are you ok” my mom asked taking a seat next to me and holding her hand against my forehead. I nodded  “Where are we” I asked not looking at mom but at the official looking man sitting in the chair across from me. He smiled and held his hand out for me to shake.  “I am General Stewart and you are at the state capital. We heard about the incident in the psychiatric office and we had to come in and check it out.” I could tell by mom and fathers facial expressions this was not good.  “We explained to you General Wallner, that her powers are only small, that she can hardly move a pencil and that the lady working there just over reacted” said my father. General Stewart smiled and nodded his head.  “Yes I am sure sent her self to the hospital and diagnosed herself with the hidden medical degree she had under the name of George Wallner . Now if you don’t mind Mr. Richards I am talking to Jaya not you.” Yep fear was definitely the number one emotion I was feeling at the moment and I wanted out of there. My mom grabbed onto my hand and gave it a squeeze. If I was to tell any lies or stories I was sure I was going to get caught here, and I was in enough trouble for injuring a human being, let alone lying to a government official, I don’t think so. I kept my head down so I wouldn’t need to make eye contact.  “Jaya tell me, what happened back at the office.” My hands started to sweat, I kept my eyes diverted towards the ground.   “Um, well um, I got in a fight and, um,” I stammered. Goodness I was bad at this. I pulled my hair back and started fidgeting with my fingers.  “Jaya we heard about your ability. Its nothing to be scared of. Actually there are quite a few children who have abilities just like you.” I looked up in interest. Other children just like me. Did they go missing for a year too? I wanted to meet these children. I wanted to know why we were like this. But mom and father were still scared so I needed to be cautious.  “Why haven't I heard of anyone like me before?” I ask keeping eye contact with him.  “We try to keep them unknown for their protection. If you like you can meet them. But first I need to do a test on you. To see how strong your powers are. It is for you safety.” My nerves started to climb up again. What kind of test was that why my mom was upset.  “What kind of test” I croaked. General Stewart chuckled.  “Don’t worry it won’t hurt. It’s just like a xray. It scans over you and reads the electrical magical charges in you. It will tell what type of powers you have and how strong they are. It won’t hurt at all.” I give General a weak smile to show that I was willing to do the test.  “Ok then let's go Mr., Mrs. Richards do you mind.” They nodded and General Stewart led me out of the room we walled down a long hallway. I saw a few people walking around with folders they all stopped what they were doing and stared at me and General Stewart. He lead me into a dark room in the middle there was a silver metal tube. There was several cords sticking out of it they were attached to the wall. General Stewart opened the tube up. The walls were padded and the tube seemed rather small. General Stewart indicated for me to stand in the middle of it.  “Just relax you will be perfectly fine.” I got in and held my breath as he closed the door. The padded walls moved into a mold that perfectly fitted my frame. A minute passed when I felt the walls vibrate. A blue light filled my eyes. In a minute I felt the wall receding and the door open. I stepped out feeling dizzy I started to sway. General Stewart ran over and grabbed onto me to keep me from falling over.  “Are you ok” General Stewart asked. I nodded still clutching onto him. He guided me back into the room mom and father were in. The second I stepped in father ran over and helped me onto the couch.  “I thought you said it was like an xray, a xray does not make a person week” my father shouted.  “Sometimes the electrical charges can make a person week but she is perfectly alright. I need to talk to you and your wife if you will step outside with me.” My mother was sitting next to me and holding my head.  “I don’t think we should leave Jaya alone” She spoke peacefully rubbing my head.  “Your daughter will be fine we have some pressing issues to discuss.” My father opened his mouth to protest but General Stewart lifted his hand up and said  “This is an order.” My father face turned red with anger, but he nodded his head and helped my mom up. Mom helped me lie down and covered me up and left with General Stewart.  They were gone for about two hours. I got strength back quickly. So I read for awhile. When they came back my parents face were extremely grave. I placed the book I was reading down and moved over so they could both sit next to me. General Stewart sat down across from us.  “Jaya I and your parents have been talking and we believe you deserve to know the truth, but you mustn't tell anyone this. You see Jaya there has been this evil group called the G,M,Y. They kidnap children children and change their DNA so they have abilities like yours. We don’t know who is incharge of this, but we know a few his or her followers. We don’t know at this point why they are doing this, but we are doing are best to stop it. This has been going on for five years. I am so sorry it happened to you. Fortunately we have had experts spend time with these youth and we have found out tricks to control your powers. You see we have this school set up its called GE Acadamy. Short for Genetically Engineered Academy. We have children just like you going there. It is the only way we can teach you how to control your powers. I don’t mean to scare you but we have had children with weaker powers than you who has accidentally killed a person. These powers are not to be taken lightly. But it is you choice here are some pamphlets on GE Acadamy, take a look at them, if you want to go call me.” He handed over a few pamphlets and then turned to mom and father.  “Thank you Mr. and Mrs, Richards you can go home now. Jaya please make a decision soon.”  Mom and father were quiet the whole ride home. I looked over the pamphlet. If I went to GE Academy I would have to leave home and live in the dorm system they had set up. I didn’t know if I wanted to leave but I thought of what General Stewart said about how kids like me have accidentally killed someone before. I couldn’t stand the quietness any more I had to talk to mom and father.  “Mom, father, what should I do I’m scared if I don’t do this I may never be able to control this. But if I do I will be leaving you.” I saw tears appear in my father's eyes. He was the first to speak.  “Jaya this isn’t about me or your mom. It’s about you. If you are scared of this power of yours and feel like you can’t control it you should go. We will miss you but we will always be here for you.” Mom nodded her head and then turned around and a gave a tearful smile. I couldn’t leave this. But I couldn’t stay either and risk their lives. I had to go they knew it, I knew it. I am going to GE Acadamy.

Hi I am Alexis the author of this story. I want to thank you so much for reading this story. I also want to thank the people who read my last story so much. Because I was able to get second most popular sci fi story so thank you. I have the links to the other four stories in the comments. In two weeks I’ll post the next piece. Jaya will head off to GE Acadamy in the next story. I also want to say I had so much fun writing this episode. I think I secretly have been looking forward to this episode from the very beginning. So thank you again. :)

on Feb. 23 2017 at 11:42 am

So after some thought I think I am going too make this a mid season break. I will pick this up again on April 1st thank you so much for reading this.

Hi I know I promised to send in the next part tomorrow, but unfortunately I had a family emergency. So I wont be able to send it in till next week I am so sorry.