GE Academy: Episode Four: Temper Tantrum with Superpowers. | Teen Ink

GE Academy: Episode Four: Temper Tantrum with Superpowers.

By Alexisthepencil SILVER, Thornville, Ohio
Alexisthepencil SILVER, Thornville, Ohio

It's the unknown we fear when we look upon death and darkness. -Dumbledore

Jaya Richards has been missing for a year. When she gets back she seems to have abnormal powers.

I sat in the backseat of the car playing temple run while we drove to the therapist. I don’t know why we are going there. If my mind is protecting me from something then it probably knows what is doing. I’m fine living in ignorance. My mind thinks I played temple run three days ago so I am still in practice. What if I remember the past and I will be out of practice of the game. That would definitely be the worst scenario. I silently laughed at myself. I focused on my game harder up, down, left, right, up, slide, die and repeat process.  Time flew quickly as I played my game. It was only me, mom and father. Will was at the house watching Lulu he wanted to come though. He has spent the past few days with me. Playing games, watching movies and other fun stuff. I have relay grown to enjoy his company. I got out of the car and start to approach the psychologist office. I have never gone to a psychologist office so I relay don’t know what to expect.   We enter in a waiting room, there are some children's toys on the floor. Father talks to the receptionist while I and mom goes and sits in one of the chairs. We sit down and I grab the nearest magazine but mom lays her hand on my lap, so I put it down.  “Honey everything is going to be fine in there the doctor only wants to help. But for her to help you have to answer any question he asks you ok.” I nod my head. Father joins us shortly.      “Jaya Richards” I look up and see a friendly looking woman in a brown suit holding her hand out to shake mine. I reach for it and give it a firm shake.  “Hi I’m Dr. Brown. Are you ok with going back to my office with me by yourself, or would you feel more comfortable with your parents.” I would definitely be more comfortable with my parents but then it would look like I was scared, so I answered that I was ok going with her by myself.  “Good then let's go.” She walked me into a bright room. The walls were zealous blue and the carpet was a sunshiny yellow. She lead me to a swivel chair and asked me if I would like to sit. I sat down and waited for her to grab a swivel chair for herself. The room definitely had a lot to look at. There were pictures drawn by children hung all over the wall.  “Ok Jaya I have been told that past year has been rather confusing to you, would you like to tell me about that.” I wanted to make a smart alecky response like, yes so confusing I completely forgot it. But mom wanted me to answer all her questions so I started the best I could. “Well I don’t relay remember much, I knew over a year ago we were heading to paris and I got hit on the head with something. I ended up on the airport floor. I didn’t even realize it had been over a year since that day until I met the police officers. The truth is the fact that I don’t remember the past year, doesn't relay bother me. The thing that bothers me is the fact that I can make things fly now.” Something about how the therapist was when I said made things fly made me feel uncomfortable. I felt as if she stood up on her chair and yelled you are absolutely insane in my face.  “Make things fly, what thing Jaya.” Dr. Brown said slowly. Yep she thought I was crazy.   “The chair, I made the chair fly and then I broke it. Also at the airport when I was scared a huge wind came threw the whole building like a tornado. I think I have superpowers.” Dr. Brown nodded and started writing something down in her note book.  “Ok so you think have superpowers do you know where you got them from.” That question got me I didn’t know where I got them and that could be a good excuse to learn about what happened in the past year. “No I don’t” I responded solemnly. “Ok then that will be my job Jaya. I will help you find out where you got your superpowers from.” She looked like she believed me she sounded like she believed me but I could tell she didn’t. I could call her out on it but then again I could just stay quiet and go for peace. But if she thinks I am crazy, I am going to have to come here every single day. I had to stand up for myself. “Dr. Brown tell me the truth do you relay believe me.” Dr. Brown looked shocked like no one has called her out on her lies before. Thinking about it no one probably has. I looked down at my hands and waited for a response.  “I do not, not believe you. I think that you think you believe you have powers. But most likely your brain is tricking you into thinking that what ever happened to you was good. While relay you have been treated poorly and have no gift like that.” Exactly what I thought I know how to prove it though.  “My mom and father were in the room when I broke the chair, if they come in here I am sure they can vouch that it is not all in my head.”  The nurse thought about it for a moment and then nodded. She walked to the desk and told the receptionist to bring mom and father into here. This way not only will the psychiatrist will have proof it happened and I will too. Also I will be able to talk about to mom and father something that I had wanted to do from the moment I first broke the chair. Then I thought of something if the Dr. wanted real proof I should not be in the room. If I was she would believe my parents were making this up so not to upset me. “Dr. Brown is it ok if I hide as you ask my mom and father about the powers. So you have no reason to not believe what they are saying is not true.” Dr. Brown agreed to my proposition and lead me to a closet she told me that I should be able to hear everything in there. I stood with my ear to the closet door. I heared the office door open and my parents walk in.  “Dr. Brown is everything alright. Where is Jaya.” I heard my mother say franticly.  “Everything is fine Mrs. Richards you daughter is off somewhere else right now. But she said something that I would like to ask you about. She said that she had super powers. Also that you were in the room when she used her mind to move an object do you having anything to say on the subject.” I strained my ears getting ready to catch everything my Mom would say. But my father was the first to speak up.  “I’m sorry Dr. Brown we should have told you about that before we brought her here to you. She for some reason thinks that she has abnormal powers and we can’t convince her elsewise.” My mouth dropped open in surprise I didn’t believe a thing he said. I knew it had happened I may have doubted it for a moment but still I could have imagined that. Why would he lie and tell her I was insane. My face grew hot.  “It’s quite common for children to believe that when were abducted it was because of some fantasy reason and not the harsh truths of reality that they were being used. I hope I can get your daughter to understand that. She just has a sort of mental disability. I might suggest that Jaya goes and see’s a specialist he will certainly know the proper way to deal with this issue” I clenched my fist I was perfectly sane. My parents will never believe that now not after she had told them I was crazy. The heat in my face grew till it absorbed my whole body. I hated Dr. Brown she had ruined everything she was turning my family against me. I would have to go to hours of the shrink readings now. My body started to shake and then the doors of the closet flew open. All the things in the room flew up in the air several of them crashing into one another causing wood chips to fly across the room. A book flew at Dr. Brown's head. She screamed and tried to hide behind her desk but that flew up in the air too. More things started to plummet itself at Dr. Brown. I had to stop this I knew was doing this but I didn’t know, I didn’t know what I was doing I screamed for help. What could I do I couldn’t stop it. Security men ran in and tried to help my parents, Dr. Brown and me out of the room but I was the problem. They were putting more people in danger by taking me out there. I screamed and fought against them. I caught a glance at Dr. Brown her face red and bruised she was unconscious and the security guard was carrying her out. What have I done. I felt dreadful and scared I needed help I needed a way out. I suddenly felt a fit of tiredness hit and I passed out.

Hi this Alexis I am the author of this story. It’s been a long break since the last story and I apologise because of that. I have putted the links of the last three story in the comments below so you can read them. I will put the next episode out in two weeks. The story will start to pick up next week as they will have to deal with the new things Jaya finds out in this story. Thank you so so so much for reading this.

I have just posted the next episode yay. Also thank you for viewing this. This story got second most viewed Sci-fi story so I am relay grateful right now. :)

on Jan. 19 2017 at 9:13 am