GE Academy Episode One: Kidnapped and Didn’t Know it. | Teen Ink

GE Academy Episode One: Kidnapped and Didn’t Know it.

October 14, 2016
By Alexisthepencil SILVER, Thornville, Ohio
Alexisthepencil SILVER, Thornville, Ohio
5 articles 0 photos 13 comments

Favorite Quote:
It's the unknown we fear when we look upon death and darkness. -Dumbledore


Airports are so suffocating. As I weave in between people, I hold firmly to my older brothers backpack strap. I have to run to keep up with my family as we squeeze past groups of people. Our family is about to head on a trip to Paris. I have been looking forward to this trip for months, and even tho I am scorching hot and my fingers are stinging from holding on tightly I don’t mind. I was going to see the Eiffel tower and climb to the top.  Finally we break through the crowd and reach the terminal. My mother straightens out my younger sister Lulu’s hair. Lulu is four years old, and I have to say with some sisterly pride that she is the cutest thing that ever was. She has chestnut hair and deep green eyes that makes you just want to eat her up. My older brother is not so cute, even if all the girls at school seems to think he is. He is seventeen years old and has dark brown hair and brown eyes, that does not make you want to eat him up for fear of getting indigestion. He also is on the football team, and everyone in my family is convinced he is going to get a football scholarship. I think he is to dumb to get a scholarship and that his bad grades will scare all the schools away.  I walk over and grab a chair next to my dad who is a lawyer. I wonder how much longer it will be until the flight. I really do hate waiting waiting to leave. I wish we didn’t have to get here so early. Why must we always get here an hour early? I relay need to stop thinking about how long it is going to take to get out of here. I should do something, but what? I look around trying to see something to do. There literally is nothing here, this is the most boring terminal ever. I could walk around a bit. I turn around ask my dad if it’s alright if I go for a walk. He says sure and I head off. I walk down a crowded hallway and try not to get pushed to the ground. I relay don’t know what is worse dying of boredom or dying of suffocation. Someone bumps into me relay hard and I end up in a empty hallway. I get up on my feet when suddenly something bang down on my head making it feel like it is about ready to split in two. My vision darkens and I am asleep.  My head is throbbing relay bad when I wake up. I am covered by a blanket so I pull it off. I dizzily try to stand up. I need to go find my family. I stumble back to the terminal pushing myself weekly threw the people in the hallway. I stop in horror at the terminal. Where is my family? They wouldn’t leave me here. Where are they? I see a security officer he should know what to do during situations like this. I don’t want to have a home alone on my hands.  “Officer please I need help! I went to walk around, and my family was right in here, but now they're gone. I don’t think they could have left on our flight.” I was starting to cry this wasn’t the right time for that. The security officer looked around and to my surprise jumped slightly when he saw me, but he regained composure.  “Don’t worry sweetheart I’m sure they are just around here. But can you tell me what flight you were going to take, just incase.” I knew we weren't directly heading to paris, there was two more flights along the way. I couldn’t remember what they were thou. I pressured my brain to remember. I remembered dad was telling us about the stops we would have to make on the trip here. It suddenly hit me like a ton of bricks we were heading to the Augusta state airport in main. I relayed the information back to the officer.  “Alright then let's just go over and see if we can contact your flight and see if your family is on board. Sometimes we have to seperate family members, so they might have thought you were on board with them even tho you were not.” I moan to myself thinking about that dreadful possibility. We reach the front desk and the officer starts asking about my flight. I can’t believe I am going to miss out on Paris. I should have just stayed with my family. Boredom isn’t as bad as this. I want borom again!! I try to keep tears out of my eyes. My head really hurts I wonder what hit me. The officer leads me away he looks very worried. I should have paid attention to the him and the person behind the desk, instead of letting my thoughts carry me away. He takes me into a small quiet room.   “Wait right here for a moment ok” He says kindly. He then leaves and closes the door behind him. What was going on. I know they were looking for my family, but he made it sound like it was just one call and they would be found. This is all my fault. I felt a sense of dread realizing that we are going to miss Paris because of me. Dad spent so much money on this to.  It feels like hours has past before he walks back into the room with five police officers. The tallest one takes my hand and shakes it.  “Hello miss I am oficer Smithird. I have a few questions I was hoping you could answer for me, while we wait for your parents to come and pick you up.” My stomach does a flip. My parents are not here so they must have taken the plane. What kind of questions could they want to know did they think I was neglected or something like that. My hands start to sweat under the pressure.  “Um sure” I croak. My hands start to tremble and unwillingly I start crying again. The police officer gives me a big toothy grin, I suppose for reassurance, but I felt slightly threatened by it.  “Do you know where you been all this time” he asks.  “I was just walking about the airport our plane wasn’t leaving for awhile.” He picked up a pen and obnoxiously started drumming it on the table.  “You do know that you've been missing for a year” he stated. My mind started swirling I knew I was knocked out, so I didn’t have the best view of time. But being unconscious in a busy airport, for a year seems a little unlikely.  “Stop fooling with me I haven't been gone for a year. I was knocked out in the hallway so maybe a few hours but not a year.” My face started to grow warm as I clenched my fist.   “I need you to calm down miss. Are you sure you don’t remember anything else anything that can lead us to the people that kidnapped you.” I leaped up from my chair and banged my fists hard against the table.  “I was not kidnaped!!”  I then broke down into tears. Why are they mocking me. I want my mom I want my dad. Why can’t they just get my parents and leave me alone. Someone grabs onto me and I scream and start thrashing my arms to get away. It some people in doctors outfits. I don’t want to go to a hospital, I want to go home. I want this day to be over with. They pin my thrashing arms down on a stretcher and carry me out into an ambulance. But I will not be silenced so I scream. And then I feel something something deep inside of me. I burst threw my voice and the whole airport starts to shake, people start screaming and running about. Papers start flying around the room with the sudden torrent of wind. I want it to stop, I want it to stop now!! But I can’t stop screaming. One of the doctors approache me with a huge syringe. I start to scream louder I want to get away. I need to run away but I can’t. He sticks it in my arm and everything starts to get dark. I lose conscience again.


The author's comments:

Hi I’m Alexis the author of this story. This story is going to be a series. I am going to try and post the next part of the story every two weeks. In the next part of the story you will find out more about our main character. And the mysterious earthquake will be explained. Thank you for reading this.