Truelove? | Teen Ink

Truelove?

By truelove GOLD, Mansfield, Ohio
truelove GOLD, Mansfield, Ohio

chapter 1
"Tell me you don't want to be with me" I begged him with tears streaming down my face. "I can't, you know I can't and you know why" I shook my head trying to make his words go away as if I had the power to do that. "Your my best friend...we can't be anything more than that" He grabbed my arm trying to make me look him in the eyes..but i couldn't even bare to do that. I knew if I did that I would loose all of my self control. "yes we can, you just want to fight your feelings on this because I know you feel the exact same way about me." I bit my bottom lip trying not to say a word and praying that that would be enough to convince him i didn't. "look at me amora" when I didn't look up he gently took his hand and wiped away my tears then he held my chin making me look at him. "Don't you want to be with me?" I did with all of my heart but I couldn't let him know that I had to fight him on this one. "Stop Luke, you have a girlfriend remember? And she is both of our friend. Just leave it alone...why can't you just let it go?" He let out a deep breath to calm his nerves down. He slowly dropped his arm down. I took a deep breath and slowly let the air flow from my lips. "Do you remember when we first met?" I closed my eyes trying to remember every detail even though it was alread knitted in the back of my brain. "yeah why?" I wasn't sure where he was getting at this but all I knew was I didn't want to feel the way I did right now. "Your sister introduced us and you were wearing a tank top and blue jeans and you acted like you didn't notice me but I knew you did." It was all true and I remembered that night all too clearly. "I told you my name and you studied me a moment as if you were trying to decide if it matched my decription" I smiled. I looked up at him and his eyes were totally glazed over and I knew he was back at that moment. "Then you turned and walked away and I knew right then and their that I was in love with you and that I wanted to spend the rest of my life with you. You may not see it now Amora, but believe it or not...were meant to be."

"Amora what happened?" lesley, my sister asked as I fell face first onto her water bed. She was always their for me when i needed her. She sat beside me on the water bed and gently rubbed my back, doing her best to sooth me. "come on babe tell me whats wrong so I can help you" I shook my head. "you can't help me this time." she sighed. "well how do you know? you havn't even told me whats bothering you yet." She layed back on the bed and the waves came in harder and I layed their wishing they were real waves and they would just crash into me and drown me. "Everything is going to be okay...I promise it will all work out in time. you'll see." I closed my eyes tight and tried to force the tears not to come out...but of course it never works. "you cant promise that! everything is going wrong and theirs nothing you can do to fix it." Okay I know I shouldn't be so hard on her when she's only trying to help...but sometimes her always trying to help me gets on my nerves...their are times when you just need to be left alone to sort things out on your own. "Okay fine I get the hint, I was only trying to help" she got up and walked out of the room slamming the door behind her. I knew I made her mad.. "time to go" I said allowd..not like anyone could hear my pain inside those few words. I grabbed a jacket out of my closet and climed out of my window. At least the window was close to the ground. I had no clue where I was going to go, all I knew was that I had to get out of here. Maybe if I left everthing would get better...luke would be alot more happier without me. In time he would eventually forget about me. It was a little cold out but at least thats all. I was walking through the cemetary trying to just think things out and then decide where I wanted to go from their.I stopped at my moms grave and anger always ate me up inside when ever I looked down at her grave and can never remember anything about her. I turned my head away from the site and moved on to something else. Something invaded my silence...it sounded like a footstep. I quickly turned around just in time to see a guy in the shadows. "You really shouldn't be all alone like this little girl" okay now that's just creepy. "Who are you?" I asked in a calm voice...never show fear in front of people like that. "Im your worst night mare...they call me Death" ooh wow. who are they? I wonder. "so are you here to kill me or just talk about killing me?" anger flashed in his eyes but was gone in no longer than a secound. A second pair of footsteps had us both looking around for someone else. "Get away from her!!!" luke yelled at Death. "for now...it was a pleasure meeting you Amora, we shall do this again some time." oh great and I was looking foreward to dieing. I turned around to face him. "luke what are you doing here? how did you know where i was?" he put his arms around me and I finally felt safe again. I pulled away to look at lukes face and it was full of anger and doubt. " who was he?" luke turned his face away from me. I could tell he really didn't want to tell me but he knew he had to. He took a deep breath and let it out slowly.."he's the angel of death" I started laughing in histerics.."you honestly expect me to believe that he was the angel of death?" luke has obviously lost that if he seriously believes that. what gets me is he honestly expects me to buy into his lame story. "Im serious Amora" that just made me laugh even harder. " you know what! fine don't believe the truth but the sooner you believe me the sooner you will be safe and out of harms way." okay okay I've gotta get a grip. "I'm sorry luke honestly I am. okay so lets just say he is the angel of death..what does he want?"