A Teenage Love Story 2

It was a warm June night, the sun just a glimpse above the horizon, with a slight breeze, brushing lightly against my skin. I could feel my dark brown hair flowing with the direction of the wind as i went round and round on the carousel. I closed my eyes and listened to the soft carnival music in the background of people talking and laughing. Even with my eyes closed, I could still see the joyful faces of children, their eyes wide with excitement, their parents watching them carefully and happily. I smiled, capturing the moment. I made sure to mentally write down all the details in my head, so I could retell it exactly to my parents. It’s been nearly a week since I last seen them and would be another month or two until I would see them again, although before leaving they made me promise to call them whenever I wanted but at least, once a week. Their 20th anniversary was last week, so as my gift, I decided to go stay with my aunt in California for the summer. As my mind drifted to my home back in New Jersey, I felt the carousel slowly come to a stop. I gently opened my eyes and let out a happy sigh. I laughed as I struggled to get off my carousel horse. Feeling dizzy, I went to find a place to sit. As I sat down on a nearby bench, my eyes swept the carnival for a corndog stand. Aha. Spotting one, I started walking towards it. Halfway there, knowing I was supposed to call my aunt at 9:30, I decided to see what time it was. I looked down in my bag and began searching for my phone. Suddenly, I ran into someone. “Sorr-“, I looked up unexpectedly into the striking blue eyes of a drop dead gorgeous stranger. He looked about my age, if not a year older and was an inch taller than me. No words could even begin to describe him.
My heart pounding, I tried to catch my breath. Just when I thought he couldn’t get any hotter, Gorgeous Stranger smiled, making his eyes twinkle and my conclusion rip into shreds. Finally catching my breath again, I tried to speak again. “Sorry, I wasn’t watching where I was going, I….My…..Sorry” I stuttered. He laughed, and then smiled again. “Don’t be”, he said. Even the sound of his voice made my heart explode. He held out his hand. “I’m Jonah, by the way “I held out my hand, meeting his. My hand tingled. “Skyler’ I said back, matching his smile. “Do you live around here? I don’t think I’ve seen you around town before.” Deep breathes, deep breathes, I thought to myself. “N-No, I’m just visiting my Aunt for the summer. I live in New Jersey. What about you??” I asked. “I moved here about five years ago from Portland Oregon, so I’ve lived here for some time. How long are you staying with your aunt?” His eyes seemed to sink into mine; making it seem as though each thing I said really mattered. As if I really mattered. My heart fluttered as though it were a butterfly trying to escape. The odd, yet amazing thing was, that, even though it was breathe taking, I loved the feeling of excitement. I wanted to jump up and scream, as though a bubbly volcano had erupted. I could feel it building inside me, as his eyes continued to stare into mine. I loved the way he_oh, wait, he asked me a question. It was hard to concentrate on anything when I was staring at him. He was so beautiful, with th-C***, I was doing it again. Okay, Okay, answer the question, Skyler. “F-F-For the summer”, I said. Ahhhh! Why do I keep stuttering? He probably thinks I have a speaking disorder, I thought. He smiled again.” Cool, maybe we can hang out sometime. I could show you around town, if you’d like”, he said. Oh yes, Skyler would like, Skyler would like Very Much…. “Sure, that sounds like fun. When would y-“, I started to ask, but suddenly I was cut off. “Jonah! I’ve been looking all over for you pookie poo! “ I turned to see who rudely interrupted me, and saw a gorgeous blonde walking toward us with two almost as equally gorgeous girls, one taller, the other average height. The one who was taller was also blonde, but the average height one was a brunette. Judging by the way the gorgeous blonde was walking just slightly ahead of them, I could tell she was the leader of their group. And judging by the look she was giving me, I could tell she wasn’t too fond of me. Great, I already have someone who hates my guts. I sighed. Super. They all seemed to walk in unison, and as if they owned the place, like they were better than everyone else. Their eyes weren’t exactly friendly. As they got closer, I could see two guys with them, who seemed to trail the other two like puppies, obviously their boyfriends. I realized in disappointment that the leader didn’t seem to have one, but apparently wanted one, by the seducing look she was giving Jonah. My stomach turned. “Hey Tara. Hey Steph, hey Cammie. What’s up John, Caleb?” Jonah said to them all, giving me an apologetic look. So the leader was Tara, the two behind her were Steph and Cammie, and the guys were John and Caleb,I thought, hoping I could remember which is which. As they reached where we were standing, Tara went and stood by Jonah; very close, I might add, while the others sort of circled around. Tara wrapped her arms around Jonah. “Where have you been, we looked all over for you!” she said. She gave me a dirty look. “Who are you? C***. Someone call B**** 911. I smiled at my little snide comment, and was tempted to laugh when I saw that my little grin seemed to annoy Tara. Jonah, however, seemed to look amused again. With a deep breath, I told myself that I would remain neutral if anything should happen. At least for now, HeHe. “Hi, I’m Skyler. I’m visiting here from New Jersey for the summer.”Nice. I smiled to myself. Lets just hope I could stay calm for the rest of the night.

TuffGUrl said...
Jun. 19, 2010 at 9:38 am:
what's with all of the capitol letters and astrics after??? I don't get it and i don't think it fits with the story. why are you using the first part and putting it in the second part? I'm really confused and I don't get this.

JustMe replied...
Jun. 28, 2010 at 4:08 pm :
Ummm, im not sure what you mean by all the capital letters, but the astrics after were a typo that kind of just happened. And it was Tara that siad the 'who are you?" and then Skyler was thinking the "Crap. Someone call bit** 911." If you still dont get it, just let me know.

TuffGurl replied...
Jun. 29, 2010 at 5:55 pm :
what does "th-C***" mean??? and why does that girl swear so much like just randomly calling her "C***" and why would she call 911 a b****? 

JustMe replied...
Jun. 30, 2010 at 10:36 am :
"th-c***" is just another typo. It suppose to say "th-crap." Its like Skyler's train of thought. She starts thinking about Jonah going on and on, then she realizes Jonah just asked her a question. And Skyler was kidding. She only swore once. And Crap is not a bad word. And the "someone call b**** 911" was a joke. You know, like the show Nanny 911. If you still dont get it, then just erase that part in your mind and put in, "Crap. Someone call animal control." I'm pretty sure thats everything i c... (more »)

cuppycake69 replied...
May 9, 2011 at 10:18 am :
terrible joke. love the story. It is a weee bit preifctable. Unless Tara whoops up on some girls. That would be a story......

monicalillian said...
Mar. 23, 2010 at 4:16 pm:
oh my i like it, its really good...keep writing

Marloneeeeee said...
Mar. 23, 2010 at 12:40 pm:
i like this

allanbowenyay said...
Mar. 23, 2010 at 12:36 pm:
tyrone i hear dat..!

JustMe said...
Mar. 23, 2010 at 8:55 pm:
lol umm....thanks? :) i'm not sure if you liked my story or not, but..ya, i dig :)

DreamWriter15 said...
Mar. 23, 2010 at 10:26 am:
Um.....I don't get it. The writing is a wee bit mediocre, the story is realistic, I guess, and doesn't really have an end. It starts out really good, building up to something and then.....nothing. Not your best work. But still, there is promise. Keep it up!

JustMe replied...
Mar. 23, 2010 at 8:50 pm :
Um, im not sure what mediocore means, but theres other stories that go on. This is just one of the parts :) But thanks :)

Cherie S. replied...
Sept. 15, 2010 at 3:23 pm :
I agree with DreamWriter15, but the story seems a bit cliche. The topic of teenage romance is very delicate and not a lot of even published authors can make it believable. Sorry :/

DreamWriter15 replied...
Sept. 19, 2010 at 11:53 pm :
Thank you, Cherie S.

JustMe said...
Mar. 10, 2010 at 8:45 pm:
Hey the 'Teenage Love Story 4 is up and running :)

JohnyDeppLover123 said...
Wow that story is pretty good...you should write more because I would really like to read more!!! Awesome job!!! : ]

JustMe replied...
Feb. 28, 2010 at 5:23 pm :
Hey :) I've got the fourth part up :) its just got to get put online by the editor people :) which might take a while...lol but its on the way!!!

JustMe said...
Hey :) just thought id tell you the 3rd part is up :)

erika4964 replied...
Dec. 15, 2009 at 6:34 pm :
Thank You I can't wait!!!!!

Chibbie replied...
Jan. 16, 2010 at 11:57 pm :
love it hope you read poetry !! :)

missthang said...
Dec. 11, 2009 at 11:00 am:
that is a really good story and i like it but it is a little short but it stiil good