Breakup Advice

By , Putnam, IL
After those amazing relationships end, you have to ask yourself how things will continue. If you broke up with your partner, you must either be unhappy with them, mad at them, tired of them, or some other circumstance. So, if it is you who breaks up with the other, stop and think. As one single person, you don't have any idea what the other might go through. One moment to you is completely different that that of another. For example, you might go on a date and have the time of your life, oblivious to that fact that the one you care for is about to slit their wrists in boredom.
Just and example.
But that is something that you can relate to a breakup. You might think that things are better off without the other. They might be tripping and falling behind you, trying to catch up and get you back. It happens a lot, and these breakups are the worst. I myself went through one. And I've scraped my knees so much over these past to years tripping and falling after her(yes, two years. She's so beautiful I can't stop thinking about her). I've found out the the first and most important thing you can do to stay out of those horrible, bad break ups, is to forget. Easier said then done, right? Well, there is only one way to completely get over such a thing. Overwrite the memories that the two of you shared. Now, people call this a rebound, but isn't every boyfriend/girlfriend after the first a rebound? You must make better memories with this person. Have a greater time, and think about the new things you share rather then all the things you used to share with the other. Take it from me, with time, almost everything is mendable.

KiraKira said...
I recently broke up with my boyfriend...we were going out for a year. We broke over the summer, and when we got back to school, he was with another girl. He hadn't told me about her. It turns out he had been going out with her a month before we had even broke up. I see him now, and it's like I'm being dragged over a sea of rusty nails and it's raining lemon juice. I don't know if I can get over him. Everyone says I should. What should I do?

White_Shadow replied...
Jan. 20, 2010 at 12:23 am :
and aren't we all just a tad bit insane? (sam grins)

Brndi said...
i totally agree with this... i just had the worst break up ever.. we dated for 6 months then broke up and i waited a whole year for him just to find out he wasnt the same as before and now i am dating this new guy and he is perfect i am actually happy with him and have fun. so great advice!!! :]

Sam O. replied...
Oct. 1, 2009 at 1:56 pm :
thanks for the comment, i'm glad i could help somebody! if you want to talk about anything, just ask, alright? :)

silylily57 replied...
Jan. 1, 2010 at 11:06 am :
good story i enjoyed reading it :)

silylily57 replied...
Jan. 1, 2010 at 11:09 am :
But just some constructive criticism... Watch your spelling.

silylily57 replied...
Jan. 1, 2010 at 11:09 am :
Obviously it's not the most important part of writing, but it's good to just keep an eye out. :)

silylily57 replied...
Jan. 1, 2010 at 11:10 am :
Hope that helps a bit?

lmecum2013 replied...
Jan. 1, 2010 at 11:12 am :
Yeah I agree with silylily about the whole spelling thing.

lmecum2013 replied...
Jan. 1, 2010 at 11:12 am :
but great, great work otherwise! best of luck, my friend :)

White_Shadow replied...
Jan. 1, 2010 at 11:34 pm :
and thanks! this was originally my first work on here and it was sort of a test, so i didn't put all that much time into it *one sit-down* and it snow balled into this magnificent attention getter that i hadn't even have begun to have hoped for! so spelling wasn't my first concern haha! but thank you. I tend to type to get the idea out faster than i can type and get it out the right way :)