Breakup Advice

By , Putnam, IL
After those amazing relationships end, you have to ask yourself how things will continue. If you broke up with your partner, you must either be unhappy with them, mad at them, tired of them, or some other circumstance. So, if it is you who breaks up with the other, stop and think. As one single person, you don't have any idea what the other might go through. One moment to you is completely different that that of another. For example, you might go on a date and have the time of your life, oblivious to that fact that the one you care for is about to slit their wrists in boredom.
Just and example.
But that is something that you can relate to a breakup. You might think that things are better off without the other. They might be tripping and falling behind you, trying to catch up and get you back. It happens a lot, and these breakups are the worst. I myself went through one. And I've scraped my knees so much over these past to years tripping and falling after her(yes, two years. She's so beautiful I can't stop thinking about her). I've found out the the first and most important thing you can do to stay out of those horrible, bad break ups, is to forget. Easier said then done, right? Well, there is only one way to completely get over such a thing. Overwrite the memories that the two of you shared. Now, people call this a rebound, but isn't every boyfriend/girlfriend after the first a rebound? You must make better memories with this person. Have a greater time, and think about the new things you share rather then all the things you used to share with the other. Take it from me, with time, almost everything is mendable.

sunshineBabii This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
okay. so this is totally amazing advice. it is so very true. but like you said, it is easier said than being done. even if the guy or yourself is a complete jerk, well... either way if the word love is involved it just makes it all the more harder whether it was a lie or straight up. maybe some advice on that???

Quiera_ser_adorado<3 This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. replied...
Oct. 8, 2009 at 12:19 pm :
trying. very hard. although i have to say, trying to replace the memories is hard because by doing it in the first place, going to certain places, seeing certain things, i cant help but to automatically think of him. at the end of the day my automatic thought is to call him as my fingers are already dialing his number. i do these things unconciously until his voice comes through and i wake up to wat i am doing. i make up an excuse and hang up to try to call someone else who will call me baby. so... (more »)

White_Shadow replied...
Oct. 8, 2009 at 1:55 pm :
oh honey. well...hmm... all i can say is that you have to keep trying, or sit down and wait for the storm to blow over. It will happen with time. and i'll call you baby for your own sake :D haha. how long did you date him again?

Oct. 9, 2009 at 12:07 pm :
8 months. but according to his friends, he got bored with me after 7. now i kno this is a short amount of time but it was my longest relationship. im was so used to 2 or 3 week or 1 month relationship that wen this one lasted, every moment really counted even more than anyone could understand... and thank you! ( u r a guy rightt? no offense.....)

Sam O. replied...
Oct. 9, 2009 at 5:24 pm :
i'm a guy. none taken. i'll be d@mned to care that i'm one of the few sentimental guys out there haha. And no, i'm not gay . definitely NOT gay . but that was what happened with me too, although not exactly. The relationship that i spoke of was my longest, and of course, it hit me the hardest

Oct. 10, 2009 at 9:02 am :
yeah, i am sorry to hear that. what is your story?? and, from what you have said to me, and how kind you are, what girl wouldnt keep you??? i am actually doing a bit better now. i am sort of getting used to seeing him. i am best friends with his parents, sisters, brothers, the kids his mom watches, his aunts uncles, parents friends.... so i go over his house with either Sabas or Natalie (cause they can drive) basically everyday. i still feel sick to my stomach sitting in the car waiting for him ... (more »)

Sam O. replied...
Oct. 10, 2009 at 6:53 pm :
okay. this one's a doozie, so watch out! (YOU'VE BEEN WARNED)<br /> Well, this began my 7th grade year and lasted till halfway into my 8th grade. The background info is, I never really noticed her because i thought she would never notice me and i didn't worry about it. But then one of my friends, who was also friends with her, told me that she liked me. Of course then, i was like, "That's a horrible joke," and they just laughed and said "no, really!". Then i went home thought it over, and ... (more »)

White_Shadow replied...
Oct. 13, 2009 at 2:19 pm :
feels wonderful, doesn't it? it's quite healthy. i found that out a long time ago ahah. But truthfully, i'm still very sorry for you. I didn't do nearly as much as the two of you did, but then again i'm glad i didn't. Bc then i'd just be falling back for her even more. Thanks for sharing :)

Oct. 14, 2009 at 11:47 am :
no problem. thanks for listening. nobody does that for me, so it was very nice to have a STRANGER do it lol. so thank you.
i also am moving on now. todayi started going out with this boy. i have known him for awhile and it was spurr of the moment kind of thing. i just asked him out. my inspiration being what Jose said last night. things that shocked me, ripped me completely but also made me realize he isnt worth it. so the complete heartbreak was good in a way, even though it hurt.

Oct. 14, 2009 at 11:48 am :
btw, one of my poems was finally approved, pleaseeee read!!!! and comment por favor!!! :) gracias

White_Shadow replied...
Oct. 14, 2009 at 2:01 pm :
Yea, sometimes it's that final shove that makes things easy. Its hard, but its for the best. And i'll make sure to check it out. thank you

Oct. 15, 2009 at 9:20 am :
okayy i am so excitied. here i am on the computer in the back of my science room to find that my story has been approved. the first couple chapters are posted and they are about that boy. well some are. if you wanna know the whole story without leaving any details missing, keep up on this story. thye are posted in chapters :)
i am still working on it. it is like a journal i keep on updating and posting. stay reading that and you will totally know what is going on without missing anything... (more »)

White_Shadow replied...
Oct. 15, 2009 at 2:19 pm :
ok i'll try my best

Oct. 15, 2009 at 3:29 pm :
thank youu

White_Shadow replied...
Jan. 20, 2010 at 12:21 am :
Breakup Advice (the Second) is posted! check it out if you want to hear my opinions of a few more different relationship worries.

Kc~to~thy~night~I~shall~belong said...
Ummm well my story is a little random...Two years ago I met this guy. And I had actually met him in grade 6, kinda. I thought he was a cutie, but I knew that I would probably never see him again. Then I go into highschool and look what happens, he turns out to go to the school too. We soon become best friends, but my other friend liked him, and unforntunly for me he liked her back. In the end of the first semester they finally stopped liking eachother, which ment I had a chance. Time passed and ... (more »)

Sam O. replied...
Oct. 4, 2009 at 7:46 pm :
That would be something you and him have to talk about. Through close, emotional conversations you will most likely be able to work out what he wants, and he will know what you want. Don't be encouraged to jump on the bandwagon with "you guys really should date" thing. Although they are your friends, they don't know you as well as you do. And only YOU, knows whats best for YOU. Just talk to him about it. Second chances are hard to come by, and a third is almost legendary. My ... (more »)

KiraKira replied...
Oct. 6, 2009 at 5:46 pm :
I agree with Sam O., and maybe the best thing for you is just be friends. But be careful, and don't be too abrupt. Like don't one minute confess your love for the guy then sudeenly say can we just be friends. It will never work.

EmmaXoxo<3 said...
Ok! I will definitely check it out!!!!!

White_Shadow replied...
Oct. 6, 2009 at 2:21 pm :
and the article hasn't been edited by the editors yet so give it some time lol. sorry about the wait

White_Shadow replied...
Dec. 20, 2009 at 6:18 pm :
hey, what scenario should i write a second break up advice for?

Warning: Unknown: open(/var/lib/php5/sess_1b9lm4c6ev1btmlcthf1sqmuf7, O_RDWR) failed: No space left on device (28) in Unknown on line 0 Warning: Unknown: Failed to write session data (files). Please verify that the current setting of session.save_path is correct (/var/lib/php5) in Unknown on line 0