Breakup Advice

By , Putnam, IL
After those amazing relationships end, you have to ask yourself how things will continue. If you broke up with your partner, you must either be unhappy with them, mad at them, tired of them, or some other circumstance. So, if it is you who breaks up with the other, stop and think. As one single person, you don't have any idea what the other might go through. One moment to you is completely different that that of another. For example, you might go on a date and have the time of your life, oblivious to that fact that the one you care for is about to slit their wrists in boredom.
Just and example.
But that is something that you can relate to a breakup. You might think that things are better off without the other. They might be tripping and falling behind you, trying to catch up and get you back. It happens a lot, and these breakups are the worst. I myself went through one. And I've scraped my knees so much over these past to years tripping and falling after her(yes, two years. She's so beautiful I can't stop thinking about her). I've found out the the first and most important thing you can do to stay out of those horrible, bad break ups, is to forget. Easier said then done, right? Well, there is only one way to completely get over such a thing. Overwrite the memories that the two of you shared. Now, people call this a rebound, but isn't every boyfriend/girlfriend after the first a rebound? You must make better memories with this person. Have a greater time, and think about the new things you share rather then all the things you used to share with the other. Take it from me, with time, almost everything is mendable.

Lisaa said...
Apr. 28, 2010 at 11:34 am
Yeah my best friend is going out with someone who i have liked for ages. He regected me but only cause he said he liked her and she was like telling me to ask him out but when he said no she was all like i like him now ...

angelhugz247 replied...
I am so sorry to hear that. I know what that feels like becaue i have been thru a similar situation. ur friend doesnt sound like she is really ur friend. But who knows?? Maybe she thought he liked u and she secretly liked him.

Rosalie said...
Apr. 28, 2010 at 7:14 am
there's dis guy..we broke up like 2 months ago...and he's dating this other girl..she's really pretty and i lyk her but..yeah. the hardest thing is to watch the one you love, love someone else..

inspir3d This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. replied...
amen sister!

shanie said...
Apr. 27, 2010 at 10:04 am
i am not dating thos guy but we are kinda are its so complated... but i am scared that one day we will be gone forever.. and once he is gone im scared that we will never be back. i wish we new wats going to happin in the furture so we can be ready for it all.

Realtai said...
It's the memories... I think of them and then the next thing I know I'm lying on the ground, crawling after them all over again. That used to be him, not me. He was the chaser. Amazing how easily it can change.

haleybabe14 said...
I am in love with the boy who treats me the worst in the world. He's played me plenty of times, and at some point, I always forget about him and date someone new. He always ruins it. Now I've found another boy, and I'm scared to like him, because I don't want Caleb to ruin it. I'm learning that he treats me terrible, and my best option would be to give up on the ugly loser. But I can't put my whole heart in it.

writergirl13 replied...
Apr. 10, 2010 at 9:44 am
I'm a hopeless romantic so i'm probably wrong about this, but you should consider whether it's possible that the boy who treats you kind of badly, well, maybe he likes you and ruins all your other relationships because he can't stand to see you with someone else, but he also can't admit to himself or to you that he really  likes you too so he acts like that with you. Sorry, random, but i just saw your comment and that's what i thought. :)

LiveLife2theMax replied...

Or maybe he's just a jerk?

i mean they do say guys act badly if they like you, but come on, not that badly.

but maybe i'm just bitter :P

writergirl13 replied...
yeah, or maybe he's just a jerk! lol! :) like i said, i'm a hopeless romantic. :)

White_Shadow replied...
Or maybe he is both. I'm a guy and i can stand by saying that sometimes we aren't sure what we want, and act on not only one viewpoint, but in the other. He might be acting like a "jerk" and getting inside of your other relationships because it may be the only way he knows how to get through to you. Maybe he isn't thinking and is just doing. Maybe it is a subconcious thing. Or maybe he does have it out for you to be cursed to enternal "darn"nation of bad relationships. Only he could tell you. So... (more »)

writergirl13 replied...
yeah, you're probably right! that's kind of what i said! lol! :)

bayleegurl replied...
One of my best friends is just getting over a guy like that! But she thinks he is nice but mi other friend and I wanna beat the crud out of him for breakin her heart and we know she's still in luv with him so we don't want her to be hurt anymore because she lets him hurt her

writergirl13 replied...
I know what you mean! My friend has this icon on her iPod Touch that says, "She's my best friend. You break her heart, I'll break your face." :)

treegirl93 replied...
May 16, 2010 at 11:56 am
I would stay away from that person. If he's abusive- even just verbally abusive he's not the right one for you. You deserve more. I wrote a story about a girl who was abused by her boyfriend and a nicer guy came along to try to save her. Please read and comment!

necnec replied...
I'm sorry but he is a loser! Stay away from him you dont want to get rapped up with someone like him.

apocalyptigirl replied...
I think it's time for you to di.tch that jer.k. Warn your new bf about this guy caleb in advance, tho...

Crecia said...
This is so true, and no matter how cheesy it sounds time does heal wounds, but it always feels like forever

WritingLoverForever said...
It's been over a year since my first love broke up with me while we were slow-dancing. We were going out for exactly a year when he did it. My heart shattered into a million pieces, and I'm still picking those pieces up. I went out with three other guys since then, but none of them lasted long or meant anywhere near as much as my first boyfriend. But my current boyfriend, my fourth boyfriend since my first love, who I've been going out with for seven months now--my second longest relationship--h... (more »)

Niki R. said...
It's rediculous how true this is.  My boyfriend of 2 years broke up about 6 months ago.  for the past 3 month, i've been dating my current boyfriend.  By putting in more effort, having more fun, making new and better memories, my ex has slowly moved to back of my mind and heart.  Sometimes i get random flashbacks but that just make me want to grow more as a person and experience more as a partner.  This whole relationship business is all about learnig anyway.  Very ... (more »)

Pudd1016 said...
recently, my 5 month bf broke up with me over a long conversation over text. I think he may have pretended to be his mom, and thats why i was so mad afterward i think. But you just have to learn to get over it, it will get better in the end.