Intensity

The tears poured off her eyelids; slid down her cheeks; fell to the floor. Slowly she sank to the ground, trembling slightly. Her breath came in deep sobs, wracking her chest. She barely had enough air. She did not hear the soft footfalls coming ever closer. She did not see him as he sat down next to her. She did, however, feel as his arm wrapped around her shoulders. Turning slightly, the girl buried her face in his shoulder. Her friend held her tighter, resting his head in her soft chestnut curls.

The two of them sat that way for what felt like hours; the girl sobbing loudly on the boy’s shoulder, the boy holding her quietly, steadfastly. Finally, the girl released her last tear. She looked up at the boy, eyes red from crying, cheeks flushed. He turned to her, a small crooked smile on his lips. To the girl’s surprise, tears were slipping down his face as well. “Why are you crying?” she asked softly, voice cracking. The boy considered the question for a second.

“I am crying because you are crying,” he replied truthfully as yet another tear trickled down his handsome face. His smile was still there, unwavering.

The girl stared at him with wide eyes. He stared back at her. A chill like an electric current flowed through both of them. The air around them tingled with static. Slowly, as if pulled by some invisible force, the two teenagers moved closer. Their faces were within a hair’s breath of each other’s. “Why me?” she whispered. “Why did you choose me?” Her eyes darted back and forth, looking for an answer written on his face. “You are the only one who’s real. The only one out of all those girls who knows what it means to truly love someone. Even though he broke your heart, you just keep going. I like that. I think… I think I may even love that.”

His eyes gleamed with a passion long suppressed. “I think I may love you.” His sweet breath lingered on her lips. The girl’s heart began to beat frantically, as if trying to keep up with her rapidly changing emotions. “I think I may love you too,” she admitted.

Without meaning to, the girl shut her eyes. The two leaned even closer, closing the gap between them. His soft lips pressed against hers. She wrapped her arms around his neck, and his arms coiled around her waist. The kiss deepened.

Gently, they pulled apart. Both were smiling softly. “Thank you,” the girl said under her breath, so quiet that the boy sitting right next to her wasn’t sure he had heard her at first.

“For what?” She stared deeply into his eyes. He held her gaze, reciprocating the intensity. “For giving me a reason to live again. For saving me from falling.”

“Anytime. Thank you, too. Thanks for letting me in. Thanks for not pushing me away.”

At the same time, the two teenagers said, “I love you,” sealing their fate.

The two leaned in closer, their foreheads, then lips, pressing against the other’s.

writerfreak21231This teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
Jul. 17, 2011 at 11:47 am:
I loved the story! and was impressed! Great job! Your a very talented writer! :D (Sorry for the advertizing!) If any of u coulld read my two stories called the beast and nightstalker, that would be great! Also please post comments saying if u liked it or not. Thanks! And keep writing! :D

NKsunshine said...
Jul. 14, 2011 at 12:21 pm:
One word.......AMAZING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!... (more »)

bitten_by_love said...
Jul. 11, 2011 at 7:16 pm:
amazing! you are very talented.

billgamesh11 said...
Jun. 22, 2011 at 3:21 pm:
OMG that was an amazing story!!! Please keep writing!!! This story made my day!!!

stolen_bagel said...
May 31, 2011 at 3:15 pm:
this is so cute, you're an amazing writer! :)

Alantis said...
May 31, 2011 at 12:15 pm:
I love it. Your Details and descrpitions make it so intense. I am also speachless. Keep writing I look forward to more of your work.

twizzlerluva97 said...
May 31, 2011 at 8:32 am:

wow.... i mean tht is literally all i can say is wow i am freaking speechless.....again i say..... wow

SceneEmo replied...
May 31, 2011 at 12:35 pm :
same here........... just wow

xxMWAHxx said...
May 19, 2011 at 9:22 pm:
I love this. I can't say anymore because you've left me speechless c;

ThisShouldBeFun said...
May 9, 2011 at 7:02 pm:
Exactly as the title says, INTENSE!

liviebug66 said...
May 9, 2011 at 4:12 pm:
This is adorable! Well written!!

booklover104 said...
May 8, 2011 at 9:20 pm:
awww.....so cute. Makes anyone fall in love. sad and beautiful. I could dream....=) good job!

sammielovesyou said...
May 4, 2011 at 3:52 pm:
This is REAALLY cuuteee ! (:

writerchick2095 said...
This is so great! Such a wonderful love story :) Makes every teen a dreamer!

wonderlandhaley said...
Mar. 28, 2011 at 3:39 pm:
Adorable! This is the cutest thing i've ever read. More please.

MissyninjaThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
Mar. 27, 2011 at 11:13 pm:
Really good! I'd love to read more! :)

VanessaStarrlight said...
Mar. 26, 2011 at 5:04 pm:
omigosh your writing talent is amazing. i cant believe this, this is incredible. i love it!!! please keep writing!!!

Becca17 said...
Mar. 26, 2011 at 10:05 am:
Detail was amazing. It's like the story was literally right there in front of me! Put this much description into all stories you write and you'll an amazing author!

Sandra said...
Mar. 15, 2011 at 10:03 pm:
I love your details in your story! Your details gave me a clear picture and it felt like I was there!

Lindsey_O said...
Mar. 6, 2011 at 3:02 pm:
okay, sorry guys, but I don't really have too much time lately, so personally thanking every person is starting to become a challenge XD But I do read and appreciate all comments! :) I hope you liked this, and I hope you read some of my more reccent work (this was from two, almost three years ago now.  And I'd like to hope my writing style has improved a bit since then XD)
Thank you everyone <333